Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Will my rabbits forget me?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • E
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

Hello, thanks for taking the time to read this!
        I have a bonded pair. One I have had for two years, the other for a year and a half.
        I love them very much.
        This summer I am going away on an archeology field school for 51 days. So a little under two months.
        I have been with my bunnies very often, other than going to university classes during the day, I am basically constantly with them.
        While I’m gone, my mother will be watching them. They have lived with her before.
        I am really worried my bunnies won’t remember me. I am going to leave some of my clothes for them and such, but it is breaking my heart to think that they could forget about me.
        I suppose I am wondering if anyone else has and experience with this? Do you think they will forget about me?
        Thank you in advance.

• Bam
        16872 posts Send Private Message

They wont forget about you, but you can expect quite a bit of “the dreaded bunny butt” when you return. Since their brains now have had ample time to form a strong association between you and good things like food, treats and cuddles, forgetting about you would not be functional from a survival p o v.  They will soon recognize your scent and voice and body language, esp if your mum has been caring for them during your absence. (Your scent and manner of speaking is likely similar to your mum’s.) You might have to bribe them with a few treats though before they agree to forgive you for having deserted them 😄

Archeology field school sounds so exciting! I hope you’ll have a great time!

• E
          Participant
          7 posts Send Private Message

@bam thank you so much! I really appreciate the response. This has helped so much. I feel so bad to have to leave them.

Yes! It will be super cool! Just sad I have to leave my buns fro two months 😔.

thank you again for the reply!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Will my rabbits forget me?