Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Wild rabbits? RESOLVED – Rabbit Safe & Sound!

Viewing 122 reply threads
  • Author
    • angoralvr
      Participant
      500 posts Send Private Message

Ok, this might sound like a wierd question. . . Are there wild bunnies that are black and white?

I have been dumping my extra hay pieces out by my front porch for the wildlife in the area and I have noticed that there have been several wild bunnies in my yard in the last week or so. For some reason, I thought rabbits hibernated around here during the winter (I live in the midwest so we get cold winters) but I guess I was wrong. Well the other day, I looked out and saw a black and white dutch looking bunny out there. I walked outside and it didn’t really run away from me like the other bunnies do, it just kind of looked at me. When I tried to approach it, it did finally run away though. I didn’t really think much of it until later on when I was thinking about it and I have NEVER seen a black and white wild bunny around here before. Matt just called me and the bunny is back in the front yard so it got me thinking about it.

Do you guys think that the bunny could have been a pet that got "set free"? If so, how would you go about catching it because I know domesticated rabbits will not survive outside for long.

• JK
        Participant
        2223 posts Send Private Message

Yeah I definitely think its been dumped.  Are you thinking of trying to make it yours? I would try and lure it with something but then if it truly is wild it might go crazy if you lured it into a cage.  I’m sure there are others here with good suggestions because I have abslutely no experience with this.

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

Oh my, this does sound like a domestic rabbit to me. Do keep putting food out for her/him.

It’s possible if he is domestic you can get him to trust you and hopefully eventually come to you. It’s possible you and Matt can corral him into a pen and that can take some doing but it can be done.

I hope you can catch him.

• angoralvr
            Participant

I probably can’t take the bunny in right now just because as you guys all know, I currently have two hormonal boys that are due to get fixed soon and adding a third bunny would probably be pushing my limits. I don’t want the bunny to die outside and all alone though either. I have a “bunny buddy” from my local HRS though and she does a lot of helping out with the shelter so I think I might call her and warn her ahead of time in case I can catch him.

In the meantime, I think I am going to start putting out some pellets for him too. Maybe if I can get him used to eating out of a bowl next to the proch, he will get more used to me so that I can catch him.

• babybunsmum
              Participant
              3896 posts Send Private Message

poor bun!  i’ll bet you can gain its trust eventually if you keep setting hay out.  especially since it didn’t bolt as quickly as wild buns.  good luck.

• osprey
                Participant
                2065 posts Send Private Message

I agree with the others, this sure sounds like a feral domestic bun.  Wild rabbits and hares are either brown or white and are very unlikely to approach an inhabited building, even if food is there.

• LittlePuffyTail
                  18092 posts Send Private Message

Yup. Sounds like a feral domestic.

I’ve never seen wild bunnies other than the type we have in the Maritimes which are quite large and brown in the summer and white in the winter. Are there other colours of wild buns?

• Gravehearted
                    Participant
                    2428 posts Send Private Message

yeah, people are really dumb 🙁 poor bunny! wild bunnies are always brown and white.

i’d also recommend trying to coral him with an x-pen – but it’s usually best to have as many people as possible trying to do it! It’s a good idea if you can figure out where he’s living or hiding out. It may also be that if you start feeding him and talking to him, he’ll start to trust you more and it will be easier.

keep in mind that most rescue groups will not take in strays from people – despite your best intentions. if you have a local rabbit rescue you might want to call them first, since they may come out and try to catch him.

• BinkyBunny
                      8776 posts Send Private Message

This is a great link that discusses the differences between wild and domestic http://www.metropets.org/Newsroom/articles/cottontail.php

Here’s a little exept that discusses coloring:

"The natural, or "wild" coloring of hares, cottontails, and European rabbits is the same: known as "agouti" coloring. We still see this color often in our domestic rabbits (see Figure B). Sometimes people think this means their domestic rabbit is, in fact, a cross between a cottontail and a domestic rabbit-this is not the case. Cottontails and domestic (or European) rabbits are genetically isolated; they cannot interbreed. If a cottontail meets a domestic rabbit, they would probably not even recognize him as a rabbit. He just wouldn’t be "acting" right.

If the rabbit is not particularly afraid of you, he is domestic. Cottontails, even if raised in captivity, have a natural fear of humans when mature. If there are any patches of color (including white), he is domestic. Baby cottontails sometimes have a small spot of white on their foreheads, but that is it (see Figure A). Adult cottontails range from 2-4 lbs., averaging 3 lbs. tops. If the bunny is bigger than that, he could be a domestic rabbit. Cottontails have very long slender legs and a real "wedge" shaped head. Their ears are very thin at the tips-you can often see light right through-and narrow at the base. Domestic rabbits have a more dome-shaped "forehead" and more prominent cheekbones. No matter how much a domestic rabbit might resemble a cottontail from the side, if you look him straight in the face you will know he’s not a cottontail by his chubbier cheeks."

• angoralvr
                        Participant
                          Posted By gravehearted on 01/29/2008 10:46 AM
                          yeah, people are really dumb 🙁 poor bunny! wild bunnies are always brown and white.

i’d also recommend trying to coral him with an x-pen – but it’s usually best to have as many people as possible trying to do it! It’s a good idea if you can figure out where he’s living or hiding out. It may also be that if you start feeding him and talking to him, he’ll start to trust you more and it will be easier.

keep in mind that most rescue groups will not take in strays from people – despite your best intentions. if you have a local rabbit rescue you might want to call them first, since they may come out and try to catch him.

I didn’t even think about them not accepting strays! I will call my bunny buddy tonight and find out for sure. My local HRS is really good though so I hope they would take him in.

• angoralvr
                          Participant

I am starting to wonder if this is a coincidence or not. . . One of my co-workers has been complaining for the last few months about her daughter’s bunny (who just so happens to be a dutch bunny) being destructive. I have told her on several occasions about this site for help and also that neutering the bunny would likely help with the problem. She always told me she wasn’t going to go through that much effort “he’s just a bunny” she says. (which of course makes my blood boil!) I haven’t heard her complaining in the last week or so though, and she got strangely quiet when I was tellling my boss about the possible stray bunny I had outside my house.

• JK
                            Participant

I think you just busted her! She probably dumped him near your house on purpose…it’s just mind blowing people do this.

• Sarita
                              Participant

What! I bet you are right – what a callous woman. She doesn’t have the nerve to do the right thing and the poor rabbit and you both have to suffer the consequences.

• angoralvr
                                Participant

I am SOOOOO mad right now! I’m pretty sure that this is her daughter’s rabbit. I had another coworker of mine (when I wasn’t around) ask her about the bunny and all she said was “that problem is taken care of”. That PROBLEM????? A living being is not a problem! The people who make a comittment and then don’t stick with it are!!!!

• Sarita
                                  Participant

I’m almost inclined to think you should confront her about it – all she can do is lie about it but she know you will know better and it will hopefully make her feel bad, if that’s possible. You will probably be able to tell if she is lying too. It’s against the law to abandon pets (at least in Texas it is).

• babybunsmum
                                    Participant

she’s an idiot.  i’d want to bump into her on purpose & say ‘you know… there’s a bunny running around near my place that looks an awful lot like yours.  you didn’t let it loose did you?’ if your shelter takes strays you should def report this to them.  poor poor bun. 

• Martie
                                      Participant
                                      82 posts Send Private Message

wow, it’s easy to jump to conclusions…but I have to admit, this is suspicious.

• Martie
                                        Participant

ps, that’s interesting that a wild rabbit will not be interested in a domestic. hmmmm…

• KatnipCrzy
                                          Participant
                                          2981 posts Send Private Message

You might have some luck catching it with a live trap and making sure that part of the trap is covered and "secure" to the bunny can be warm and safe.

I caught a bunny out in my backyard 2 summers ago- the poor bunny was a larger white bunny with stick up ears and pink eyes.  It was COVERED in fleas and ticks and was pretty skinny.  I was so grossed out that I put it in a cat carrier in the trunk of my car and took it to the vet clinic where I work- and I found a bunny-safe flea foam and treated it- and had the on-call technician come in and help me pull at least a dozen ticks off of it.  Yuck, yuck, yuck.  The next day I had my husband take it out to the animal shelter- where they spayed it and it went to a pet store for adoption.

It makes me so mad that people dump bunnies- they are not made to fend for themselves- we bred that out of them.  And the albino rabbits- they are so vulnerable to predators and sun burn!!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                            Participant
                                            12067 posts Send Private Message

http://aglaw.missouri.edu/mistreatinganimals.htm

There’s a link to Missouri laws…It is against the law to abandon an animal in your state! You could report her!

• angoralvr
                                              Participant

I would be leary of reporting her because I really can’t prove that she did dump the bunny. Also, she works in my department and kind of reports to me at work so I don’t really want to start problems at work.

• osprey
                                                Participant

Ach, it wouldn’t be the first time that this has happened.  Our director always tells us not to use our actual street addresses for anything related to the rescue (the rescue itself even has just a PO Box even though we rent office space elsewhere).  She says that people will dump rabbits near your house if they think you’ll take them in.  To do this to someone at work is just criminal!

• babybunsmum
                                                  Participant

wow isnt it sad that that’s neccessary?  its as bad as dumping cats off in the country somewhere.  my aunt & uncle ended up with a barn full of ‘strays’ to look after.

yeah i wouldn’t report anything unless i knew for sure.  i was thinking… if this co-worker of yours did dump the bunny, she sounds beastly enough to admit what she did.  some one who says ‘its just a rabbit’ may well use the rationale that they’re better off let free than at a shelter.  in any case, i hope the bun will be alright & your shelter will be able to take it in.

• angoralvr
                                                    Participant

It’s supposed to get down to fifteen degrees here tonight. . . Now I am really worried. It has been kind of cold lately but not that cold. If I can’t find the bunny when I get home tonight, is there anyway I could make him a shelter of some sort? I don’t even know if he would use it though. . . GAH! I don’t know what to do.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                      Participant

Do you have a garage? You could try leaving the door open? Thats a good lure for all the animals that will be outside tonight….

• angoralvr
                                                        Participant

No garage, I have a shed in the back yard that I don’t use for much but until this weekend that was occupied by a stray cat that I just found a home for and I think that a few other strays have taken up residence in the shelter I made in there. That of course worries me even more. I know my own cats are great with bunnies but I doubt that a stray cat would pay a rabbit the same respect.

• RabbitPam
                                                          11002 posts Send Private Message

I was also thinking an x-pen might do it. Can you leave one out in the yard, not too close to the house, with its door open, or one panel taken off and set to one side? Then put tempting food into it on the opposite side and if you spot the bunny eating, get around to close the pen.

If you can leave a waterproof box, like a carrier, or an upside down laundry basket with a cut opening, inside the pen, the bunny might actually like having a safe shelter. If so, you will be able to catch it and it will be able to get warm and safe until you find it there. Put some hay inside for eating and comfort.

The coworker sounds atrocious.

I see no reason why you can’t say that you heard she resolved her bunny problem, and ask what happened.

I feel sorry for her daughter too.

• JK
                                                            Participant

I’d confront her too and let her know what she did was disgusting!

• Beka27
                                                              Participant
                                                              16016 posts Send Private Message

i just now read this whole thing.  that is messed up.  has she ever asked you to take the rabbit from her?  the really screwed up thing is that if she had just asked you, and told you if not she’d abandon it, it would be safe right now.

• skunklionshow
                                                                Participant
                                                                1257 posts Send Private Message

Can you get a have a heart trap?  I’ve never used one to capture rabbits, but I have caught cats and less than 4 week old kittens.  I know it might freak the bunny out, but to be honest, most animals freak out when captured.  Usually shelters will let you "borrow" a trap or you can contact your vet…sometimes your vet’s office will assist you w/ locating one through their own connections (private shelters).  I don’t usually recommend anyone leave pellets or food out, b/c you can end up getting all sorts of wildlife or other people’s pets.  I know we never recommend that for neighborhood cats. 

I would probably try to build a little shelter…but I really think that getting a have a heart trap would be your best bet this late in the game.  You can also check hardware stores for them, if you’re willing to purchase.  I’ve seen them at Harbor Freight & Home Depot.  I would call the store first and see.  I hope you can help this little guy.

It just infuriates me when people dump animals…..they are domestic for a reason!  When my ex worked at the animal hospital, they would frequently get animals dropped at the door step during off hours.  Even pet stores get dropped animals…this is how my brother got a puppy.  Milo was left at the pet store in a box, his girlfriend worked there at the time and he eventually gained "custody" of Milo.  He lived a good dozen years, until he went blind and senile and started biting my niece and nephews.  Please keep us posted.

• charlie82
                                                                  Participant
                                                                  295 posts Send Private Message
                                                                    Posted By skunklionshow on 01/29/2008 2:48 PM

Can you get a have a heart trap?  I’ve never used one to capture rabbits, but I have caught cats and less than 4 week old kittens.  I know it might freak the bunny out, but to be honest, most animals freak out when captured.  Usually shelters will let you "borrow" a trap or you can contact your vet…sometimes your vet’s office will assist you w/ locating one through their own connections (private shelters).  I don’t usually recommend anyone leave pellets or food out, b/c you can end up getting all sorts of wildlife or other people’s pets.  I know we never recommend that for neighborhood cats. 

I would probably try to build a little shelter…but I really think that getting a have a heart trap would be your best bet this late in the game.  You can also check hardware stores for them, if you’re willing to purchase.  I’ve seen them at Harbor Freight & Home Depot.  I would call the store first and see.  I hope you can help this little guy.

It just infuriates me when people dump animals…..they are domestic for a reason!  When my ex worked at the animal hospital, they would frequently get animals dropped at the door step during off hours.  Even pet stores get dropped animals…this is how my brother got a puppy.  Milo was left at the pet store in a box, his girlfriend worked there at the time and he eventually gained "custody" of Milo.  He lived a good dozen years, until he went blind and senile and started biting my niece and nephews.  Please keep us posted.

I’ve been using a Heart trap for two months now to try and catch a little bunny that keeps visiting our garden, but it’s too clever for it!! Hops around the trap, marks around it but will not go in there

• skunklionshow
                                                                    Participant

Charlie….did you cover the trap to make it look like the land or the yard?  We had a faux grass carpet that we used over ours.  I know my vet neighbor didn’t think that we could trap the kittens b/c they might have been too light to spring the trap.  She said that some people notice when trying to catch small animals that the food gets eaten and poops are all around, but the spring just doesn’t catch.  W small animals they have to step on it just right to spring the trap?  Just a thought…maybe there’s a class available for trapping wascally wabbits…oh wait Elmer Fudd offers that class

• MimzMum
                                                                      Participant
                                                                      8029 posts Send Private Message

You know, I read once that there is a native American belief that, if one is hurtful to an animal, that animal will be waiting for one en masse at the end of the world to mete out the proper punishment. Sounds like this person is lined up for some serious hurt.

I saw something that said rabbits can stand cold up to -4 degrees Farenheit, but I think this poor bun has had enough as it is. I sure hope you are able to scoop it up. *nods*

My husband caught my bun in a cat carrier just by feeding him regularly and spending time outdoors with him. (Of course this was summer.) If it was recently abandoned, I would think it would welcome any chance to get back into a warm home or something familiar. Don’t give up, please keep trying and good luck to you! Please let us know what happens! ((((((hugs for little bun waif)))))))))

• osprey
                                                                        Participant

Not sure if you have seen this one from the HRS, good info on rounding up a "stray" http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/rescue.html

• 5cats1bun
                                                                          Participant
                                                                          240 posts Send Private Message

WOW, Once again…(assuming it was her or even if it was someone else), it shows how heartless people can be.I hope you are able to recue the poor little bun. Keep us posted.

• Gravehearted
                                                                            Participant

wow that is beyond messed up *if* it really is the co-worker’s rabbit!! like maybe if she’d come to you and asked if you’d consider taking it or something… but just to dump it like that?

if it was her – i hope someone dumps her outside in the middle of winter to starve or be eaten by some predator!!

• BinkyBunny
                                                                              Moderator

Yes, definitely keep us updated. I am on the edge of my seating waiting to know. I wish you best of luck in capturing this bunny. Though Rabbit rescues usually won’t take in a bunny (as they save the 11th hour ones from the shelter), I know that around here you can take a bunny to an animal shelter but you can let them know that you would be willing to adopt the animal from them if they were going to euthanize. Of course, then you’d have to find a home fpr the bunny, but at least the s/he would be safe. You may want to call your local animal shelters and see if they offer that option.

• Deleted User
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                22064 posts Send Private Message

And she is a co-worker … well is she anymore?

What a COW to do something like that!

Dawn xx

• Lisa_43
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                  1499 posts Send Private Message

I somehow have missed this thread; I sure am on the edge of my seat as well.
                                                                                    Who ever did this and others that are cruel to animals will one day meet their maker, and when they do they will be punished.

• angoralvr
                                                                                    Participant

Ok, I now know for sure that the rabbit was dumped by my coworker. This morning, I was talking to her and politely brought up the rabbit. At first, she just kind of looked at me and refused to say anything. Finally she told me that I already knew what happened to him, she heard me talking about him yesterday and she even said "I bet you have him in your house already, he’s a little brat isn’t he?" I informed her that I had not yet been able to catch him because I am sure he is terrified after being dropped off by the people that were SUPPOSED to be his caretakers. I then walked away because I didn’t want to really start trouble at work.  I am INFURIATED.

• JK
                                                                                      Participant

That is truly despicable and makes my blood boil!

• Martie
                                                                                        Participant

What a beeotch! omg….the nerve of her, why in the world didn’t she just ask you if you’d take it?

• angoralvr
                                                                                          Participant

When I got home last night it was EXTREMELY windy, cold and it was snowing. I went over to my parents house and picked up the two traps that they have. One is a home made trap that is made out of wood that my father made a while ago to catch some squirrels that had gotten into his attic and the other is basically the same as the have a heart traps. I set both traps out with some cilantro and banana in each. I also put out a rubbermaid tub that I made into a shelter with some straw for warmth and some hay to munch on. I didn’t have any luck with the traps last night though. I woke up this morning and had caught one of the neighborhood cats but no bunny. I think he may have used the shelter though because it was definately used by some animal and the hay was gone mostly so I think it was likely the bunny.

• angoralvr
                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                              Posted By Martie on 01/30/2008 6:18 AM
                                                                                              What a beeotch! omg….the nerve of her, why in the world didn’t she just ask you if you’d take it?

I have no idea! If she would have just asked me, I would have taken him in. I would have just fostered him until I could find him a home. I am so worried about the little guy. It is supposed to snow again tomorrow night and all day on Friday here.

• kralspace
                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                              2663 posts Send Private Message

You have a lot more class than I do, I’d have whapped her by now, especially after those remarks,

I know you don’t want to start trouble at work, but why don’t you email her this page and show her how a pet bunny looks after a few days ‘in the wild’

http://www.rescuedrabbits.org/stories.html

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                                                Moderator

I’m glad this woman is not one of my co-workers! I can not keep quiet when it comes to animal welfare. I probably would end up getting fired!

Situations like this really make me disgusted. How can you have an animal in your home and take care of it and then just not give a darn what happens to it? I don’t understand people like this! I do everything I can to help rabbits and it breaks my heart people can do this.

Especially to dump a child’s pet, that’s some great parenting, lady… Not to mention she’s teaching her child to shirk her responsabilities. If you are so determined to get rid of an animal at least bring it to a shelter and let it have half a chance.

• Sarita
                                                                                                  Participant

I think you should ask your co-worker to come and help you catch him since it’s the least she can do. He may come to her – I don’t know why he should but he might.

I just pray for the bunny that he will be okay and you can find him a place.

• angoralvr
                                                                                                    Participant

I don’t know that he will come to her. According to her, he always runs away from her and her daughter. That was part of why she thought he was a pain. . . because he didn’t want to cuddle. She’s gotten a few good bites from him too in the past so I don’t think he likes her very much (not that I can blame him!)

• babybunsmum
                                                                                                      Participant

gaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhh!  what an imbecile!  i’d be fired by now if i had to work with that piece of work.  good for you for keeping your composure.  what a poor & misunderstood bun!  i’d bite & run away from her too.  she should be reported for doing this so she can’t ever adopt another animal again.  i feel sorry for her daughter too.  what hope does she have to grow up responsible with a role model like that? *sigh*

rant over

good luck catching the poor bun.  i think you have a challenge ahead of you!  funny that you caught a cat instead

• Beka27
                                                                                                        Participant

i hope her bites got infected. 

sorry.  not appropriate i know… but i am so mad.  between poor Amy and her craigslist nutcase and now this crazy woman… i’m going crazy myself.  i really hope that you will report her name to local shelters so they can blacklist her or whatever they do.  even if she never gets another bunny, she may try to adopt a cat or dog in the future.  i know you work with her and all, but if i were you, i’d never be able to be friendly with her again.  civil… professional…. but not buddy-buddy.

• Beka27
                                                                                                          Participant

i just thought of something else… how did she know your address?  it was b/c of work or had you given it to her?  it’s not right that she would drop this bun outside of your house.  your bosses may be interested to know that she exploited you in this way. 

or i would just ask the bosses that your address not be available to other coworkers.  if they ask why… tell them what happened.

• angoralvr
                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                              Posted By Beka27 on 01/30/2008 8:26 AM

i just thought of something else… how did she know your address?  it was b/c of work or had you given it to her?  it’s not right that she would drop this bun outside of your house.  your bosses may be interested to know that she exploited you in this way. 

or i would just ask the bosses that your address not be available to other coworkers.  if they ask why… tell them what happened.

She actually knew my address because we had talked before about the fact that we live really close to eachother ( a discussion which came up because I was trying to suggest a good vet in the area for her to have Thumper (that’s his name by the way. . . . which is wierd bc that was Acorn’s name b4 too) neutered at. I live right on a busy street and she passes my house on the way home everyday so she had no problem finding me. I am pretty sure that my address is not available to the employees here, only to the people over me.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                                                                              Participant

OMG what a catastrophe!

Good luck catching him…If I lived even remotely near you, I’d be ditching work right now to help you! What a (things I can’t say on the forum)….I swear people never cease to amaze me! And not in a good way….

Poor bun bun, I really hope you catch him…We all have our fingers crossed for your luck, for his luck and for karma to pay that lady back.

• elle.em.gee
                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                23 posts Send Private Message

I feel the same… I wish I could help. Poor little guy. He must be so scared.

That person shouldn’t have the right to be a parent OR a pet-owner.

• RabbitPam
                                                                                                                  Moderator

If it was the bunny that ate the hay, then you know he will find that again as a shelter & food source. Is there any way to rig one of the traps to connect with the tub so that once he enters, he stays? Maybe setting a cardboard box over all of it, like a teepee, so the snow slides off and it’s dry inside might make it a cozy place.

Bunnies burrow, so he might not be as cold as you are afraid of. (I remember making snow holes in drifts as a kid and I was warmer inside them.)

Coworker: I’m thinking that someone this callous and negligent might be, well, negligent with her work as well. Perhaps she bears watching with a professional, by-the-book, eye. Nothing personal, but if your performance stays impeccable, perhaps hers is less so. Do you evaluate her at all?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                                                                                    Participant

*evil cackle* Yes, you could maybe comment on her lack of performance, point it out to her or others….

• MimzMum
                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                        Posted By Angoragrl on 01/30/2008 5:58 AM

Ok, I now know for sure that the rabbit was dumped by my coworker. This morning, I was talking to her and politely brought up the rabbit. At first, she just kind of looked at me and refused to say anything. Finally she told me that I already knew what happened to him, she heard me talking about him yesterday and she even said "I bet you have him in your house already, he’s a little brat isn’t he?" I informed her that I had not yet been able to catch him because I am sure he is terrified after being dropped off by the people that were SUPPOSED to be his caretakers. I then walked away because I didn’t want to really start trouble at work.  I am INFURIATED.

You have some supreme self-control, dear. I would’ve had to knock this woman on her tookus.

The bun is bratty? Oh give me a break! Buns are about the most UNbratty creatures that God made! If they are too mcuh work for someone, then perhaps a little research would’ve been in order BEFORE taking one in!

I can’t stand willfully ignorant people. It chaps me too the extremes.

• osprey
                                                                                                                        Participant

I don’t have words to describe a situation like this.  What do you tell her?  That dumping a domesticated animal is illegal, and she could be fined and have other pets confiscated?  That you are glad she decided that her lack of interest in this bunny is more valuable than the time and expense you are going to go through to get him to safety? That you, perhaps rescue people, perhaps Animal Control professionals and others are more than happy to spend your time and effort covering her mistakes?  That unfortunately, the bunny survived hs first night of "freedom", and usually they don’t make it that far before getting eaten or hit my a car?  I only hope you can get him before he gets hurt, and then have to deal with a vet situation.

I wish I lived closer to you, we could do a BB roundup to catch him.

• luinge
                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                          19 posts Send Private Message

I just finished catching up on this and I can’t believe it!

How could someone do that to an animal, I could hurt a person before an animal, especially a lil bunny. He’s probably so scared right now. Im glad that you are trying to catch him, I hope you have some luck!

I still can’t believe the nerve of that woman!!!

• skunklionshow
                                                                                                                            Participant

Mimz:  I think better Karma would be to have the binky forum folks to meet her on the other side!!!!!

I’m not sure who I feel worse for the bunny or the child.  As everyone else has said this parent has done a major diservice to their child.  As a therapist, I’m confident this will be an issue for the kid later in life.  Even if she didn’t give a crap about the rabbit (well which she didn’t/doesn’t) you’d think she’d consider what she was doing to her/his kid.   Does this mean that the kid will get dumped once they become an egocentric teenager? 

Even if you want to pound her/him and have the restraint….I’d almost have to follow up w/ a snarky comment about how you should keep a rubbermaid tub in the yard incase she decides to dump her kid -OR-  that’s really unfortunate that you had to teach your child that one of the most vulnerable in the world doesn’t matter -OR- just…too bad for your daughter!  Best of Luck and warm hugs to Thumper on this cold night.  Hey can you get a volunteer sheet at work to have people sign up to help catch the homeless rabbit….you don’t have to disclose that your co worker was the callous one, but that you are seeking help during this difficult weather.

• MimzMum
                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                Posted By skunklionshow on 01/30/2008 3:32 PM

Mimz:  I think better Karma would be to have the binky forum folks to meet her on the other side!!!!!

Oh Amen to that! *grabs a mallet* Sign me up and get in line behind me, please!

I recently dealt with something similar to this but nowhere near as severe with my just turned 18 year old son…we had to have his dog in the house (he’s a large husky) because he’d caught some virus and wasn’t eating or drinking right and the temps were too cold for him to be outside sick. Now you can imagine, a teenager thinks he has better things to do than feed, walk and otherwise care for his dog…but my husband & I did not relent. We made him take care of his pet! It brought home to him that he didn’t know what he’d do without Taiku. Sure, it was difficult and sometimes downright impossible. The result? A few weeks of stress, sure. But also it is the beginning of a new and better relationship between him and his best friend.

I don’t think many folks care to do that these days and it is SO wrong not to teach our children responsibility. There’s way too much of that in the world already, hence the suffering we see on the news each night. What happens when, somewhere down the line, this little girl decides she wants something else to love…like a baby? Is she going to just leave a child at someone’s doorstep when she’d had enough of it?

YIkes on toast. This kind of stuff just scares me silly.

• osprey
                                                                                                                                Participant

Ooooh, skunklionshow, I love that idea!  Head into the break room, and see a sign "Some doofus dumped their rabbit in my yard and I am worried he’ll freeze to death.  I am looking for help in catching him"

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Ok, finally got my laptop working again so I have access to the forum at home. As soon as I got home from work I went to the few neighbors houses that I am friendly with. The people that live behind me have seen Thumper too and thought it was odd to see a black and white bunny. I explained the situation to them and asked them to contact me if they see him again. They have dogs so I didn’t want to set up any kind of shelter or anything to lure him over there. One of my other neighbors hasn’t seen him but they did offer to help if there was anything that they could do so I brought one of the traps over to their house. They looked at me kind of funny when I put some of my rabbits droppings around it so I had to explain that I suspected he might be attracted to the scent and I’m hoping will want to explore the place because of it. They are going to call me if they catch anything. The hay I put out this morning was gone again so I am pretty sure he has been sticking close to my yard. I refilled that and brought some more supplies and another shelter to the people next door.

The couple that lives over there is young like Matt and I and I was talking to the girl for a while and if we can catch him, she expressed interest in adopting him. She had rabbits as a kid and I mentioned this site to her in case she wanted to do any more research on the matter. They live next door so even if it didn’t work out for some reason, I am confident that she would return him to me, not do anything this stupid! My main concern (and I told her this) would probably be her cats because unlike mine, they are indoor/outdoor and I am not sure how they would react to a rabbit inside.

A few of the other people in the neighborhood looked at me like I was crazy but that’s ok, at least they know if they see him that he is not a wild bunny and if they do somehow catch them, they all have my address. I’m sitting here now practically glued to the window hoping to catch site of him. I cut a small hole in the other side of the shelter and attached the trap to it and left all the good smelly treats inside the trap hoping to lure him into it.

• Sarita
                                                                                                                                    Participant

I hope you catch him. Makes me mad that this woman has done this. It has to not only cause a strain on you at work but the worry you are having for this poor little rabbit is hard too.

It sounds like you are making progress and it’s nice that the neighbors are cooperating.

Vibes that you catch him and he stays safe until you do.

• MimzMum
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Yay! The cavalry is coming! ^^ It’s so great that you have neighbors who DO care! I’ll keep my fingers crossed!
                                                                                                                                        I just know Thumper will come to you eventually. Just a feeling I have.

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                        Participant

To all the people that have commented on how calm I am being: I think the only reason that I am even remotely calm in regards to my co-worker right now is purely the fact that I am too worried about Thumper to waste energy being mad at her. I am sure that as soon as I catch him (because I agree Mimzmum, he IS going to come to me) she is going to hear from me. It’s too bad she couldn’t see this thread if I sent it to her (she couldn’t could she?) bc if she could, I might be tempted to just let her see just what people thought about it and everything that I am going through to try to get him to safety. As far as work goes, I don’t directly evaluate her but I do report on her as part of her evaluation process, unfortunately we just had our evaluations for the year though. Raises however don’t come out until like next month and my boss knows exactly what is going on and she is just as big of an animal lover as I am. She was even over here after work offering to help me if she could do anything (my boss that is). Also, I’m confident in the strength of kharma, she WILL get what’s coming to her. I’ve been pretty vocal about it at work too and several people know exactly what happened and as a result have been being pretty distant from her since they found out so she knows what people think of her.

• ScooterandAnnette
                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                          1090 posts Send Private Message

You know we’ll all be sending out postive homecoming vibes to the wee one for you!
                                                                                                                                            – Annette

• Scarlet_Rose
                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                            4293 posts Send Private Message

Oh my.  I really, really hope you are able to catch him.  My fingers are crossed for you and Bonsai & Daffodil are crossing their paws too and wishing you the best.  Please keep us updated.

As for showing her this thread, I think it would just fuel the likelihood of retaliation and since you live close by, I don’t want to plant any ideas, who knows what this woman might do.  I think it is best to just focus on Thumper.

• Suzanne McCarter
                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                              16 posts Send Private Message

Wow, I just read all of these and am heartbroken over this. I sure hope that poor darling makes it. I’ll be watching to see what happens. I wish at times like this we could live closer to one another to be of more help! I just had to let you know I was thinking about you and send positive thoughts your way!!!

• BB Administrator
                                                                                                                                                Keymaster
                                                                                                                                                392 posts Send Private Message

As long as her actual name is not mentioned thread, which you have been careful not to do, then it is okay to show her the thread, but ultimately, I’m not sure I would do that only because you have a safe haven here, and since she has proven to be heartless, she could also be the type of person to pretend to be someone else, come on here and mess with you. Not only that, she obviously doesn’t give a rats arse about a rabbit, and so to her she would more likely be less affected by how we all feel. We probably would be just a bunch of rabbit nut cases to her because she doesn’t appreciate the value of life in all forms. So personally, if I were you, I would just take the legal route and report her. Like another member said (and researched your area laws) she can get into trouble for abandoning a pet. So I would call and let them know what she has admitted to, and that you now are trying to catch this bunny.

Helloworld!!

• babybunsmum
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

any luck last night?

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

We got him!!

My neighbor Tiffany just called me. Sometime between when I left for work about an hour and a half ago and now, he wandered into the trap! She has him at her house and is already calling a vet to set up a check up just in case. I know she said he seemed kind of scared but other then that he seems ok. I will let you know when I find out anything else.

• JK
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Oh fantastic!!!!! Great job. I’m sure you are very relieved!!! Do keep up updated with details.

• Sarita
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Yippeee – I’m so glad and relieved. Keep us updated on the little one.

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

I am so happy! I would be rushing home right now to see him but it is the end of the month and we are really busy. . . .not that it matters, I can’t concentrate on anything anyway.

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Can one of the mods add UPDATED or resolved or something to the thread title so that people will be more likely to notice we have him now?

Oh and thankyou everyone for the support!

• babybunsmum
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

PHEW!!!  whata relief!  yay to you for enlisting your neighbors to help! 

• osprey
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Excellent news!  It is traumatic for the poor guy to be trapped, but he’s much better off now.

• elle.em.gee
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                                  23 posts Send Private Message

Angoragrl, I think we were all keeping our eyes peeled and subscribing to the post to get the update!

You get major kudos for orchestrating a successful rescue. Don’t forget to post a pic if you can!

YAY for the little guy. He must be scared but happy to be warm…

• Suzanne McCarter
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                                    16 posts Send Private Message

!!! Great News!!!! =)

• RabbitPam
                                                                                                                                                                      Moderator

I’m so excited!

Congratulations! I love your neighbors. It sounds like he is in good hands today, and has a good home to go to. Even if he stays with you for a while, he is going to be well cared for from now on.

I’m also very impressed with your boss. Of course you’ve told her by now. I think the less said to that evil woman the better. I agree with the others about not sharing this site. She will be defensive, and may try to cause you harm down the road. Obviously your boss knows her character. That’s a good sign. I’ve discovered that when I’ve had a problem with a coworker, and kept it to myself, I’ve later learned that I was never the only one. That’s why if you continue taking the high road that you have been, karma will be swift for her. I also am so very sorry about the lessons her daughter is learning, but sometimes kids end up being more evolved than their parents. It just takes longer and other influences.

Lucky, lucky little bunny.

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                                                                                                                        Moderator

I’ve been following this drama from the beginning and I was very, very relieved to see your post this morning. I was so scared something would happen to him. Whether he is a million miles away from here or not doesn’t matter to me, he’s a bunny so I was concerned

Good Job!!!

• Lisa_43
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                                          1499 posts Send Private Message

Excellent! I am glad it turned out ok.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

OHHH YEAH!!!!! phew!! I was scrolling through all the posts since yesterday, just reading yours and actually said “yes!” outloud here at work (whoops) when I read the “We got him” YIPPPEEEE I was really really worried!! Thanks goodness!! *hugs* Awesome work!

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

I am beyond thrilled that we caught him today too. We are supposed to get 5-8 inches of snow starting this afternoon here and I really was worried about him being stuck in it.

• Beka27
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

thank god.  i had two pages to read to catch up and as soon as i saw you had him i did a little jump (think binky )

is the girl Tiffany the one who is interested in adopting him?  how excellent that he’s safe and can get to a vet for a check-up.  i’m gonna go out on a limb and take a WILD GUESS and say he’s probably not neutered, huh?  i’m sure she didn’t care enough to do that.  esp. if she was willing to dump him like that.  i am so happy that he’s getting a second chance, and before something really horrible happened to him like an attack or accident.  i’m confident that he’s gonna be a sweet bunny.  make sure to bring pics of him to work, all cleaned up and warm and happy… and put them on your desk!

i agree with not showing her the responses on this site. she doesn’t know us, so why would she even care what we think?  it’s gonna be more relative when folks she knows and works with treat her with a certain amount of *disapproval*.  i’m glad that even the ones who aren’t bunny people, recognize that what she did was animal cruelty… and it’s wrong.  just because it was not a cat or dog that got dumped… it’s just as bad.

edited to add:  oh… and post pics here too…. duh.  forgot!

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Yep, Tiffany is the one who is interested in keeping him. I told her I would help her build him a NIC condo and everything.

Don’t worry, I’m not going to show her this site, you guys are right, she wouldn’t care.

He isn’t neutered yet, when I take the boys in this saturday, I might just see about getting them all done at the same time (hopefully next week).

Good idea on the pictures! I will definately have to put one on my desk and I will post some for you guys when I take some.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Yeh Beka, that’s a Brilliant Idea!!

• kralspace
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                      2663 posts Send Private Message

YEAH!!!!!!!!! so very glad to see your post this morning.

I agree with the photos on your desk, except I would put one of him scared and dirty in the trap and then one of him as a properly taken care of pet…..and just to make a point, one of the ‘disapproving rabbits’ photos, the big brown bunny that looks at the camera like he just ate poop. Or rather something else distasteful, I just remembered they DO eat poops.

• JK
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Oh yes please do take a BEFORE picture. Are you sure he’s a he?

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

I am not sure that I will be able to get much of a before picture because Tiffany already has him and is taking him to the vet so I wouldn’t be surprised if she cleans him up. I just sent her a text to take a pic before if she hasn’t already though.

• Beka27
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

and tell Tiffany from us that she is an angel for taking this poor bunny in.  it’s awesome that she’s willing to take the responsibility for a pet she had not set eyes on and give it a good home when other careless people don’t give a rat’s behind about the creature.  i do hope she’ll join us here on BB.  make her!

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

I just got the call about his vet appointment. He was a little dehydrated but she said that he should be fine now that we have him inside as long as he has access to plenty of water. Tiffany told me that the vet said to make sure to watch him today to make sure he is eating and pooping and everything ok but other then that, he is a healthy little boy. He is around a year old she thinks (the vet) but I already knew that because he was an "easter bunny".

• Martie
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

AWESOME! I’m so glad, you’ve been amazing catching this poor bun.

• JK
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Maybe you mentioned this before but how long has he been in great outdoors? Did that witch mention when she dumped him? That’s great news that he’s healthy! Such a relief!

• osprey
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

I hope the vet checked for fleas/mites, or is it cold enough there now that these are not a concern?  Even one night outdoors can lead to fleas.

• Scarlet_Rose
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

You got it Angoragrl, I just updated the title of the discussion.  Hope it’s O.K.! 

I too am very glad he managed to be a good little bun and go for the trap.  What a great neighbor you have and you must thank her for us on our behalf! Do you think she will keep him?

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Posted By knowltons4 on 01/31/2008 2:13 PM
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Maybe you mentioned this before but how long has he been in great outdoors? Did that witch mention when she dumped him? That’s great news that he’s healthy! Such a relief!

I actually did end up asking her about that and she said early Monday so I am thinking it had to be on her way to work Monday morning because it was Monday afternoon when I looked outside and thought I was going crazy because there was a dutch bunny in my yard. I put out a shelter and I  pretty sure he used it on Tuesday and part of the day on Wednesday. I don’t understand how he didn’t end up in the trap during the night last night but oh well, he’s safe now!

As far as fleas and mites, it is pretty cold here and has been for a while so I don’t think they are much of a worry right now. I wasn’t at the vet check but I am sure she checked him for them because I sent Tiffany to the vet that does all the checks for our local HRS and pretty much the best rabbit vet I know of around here and I had called her yesterday to inform her of the situation so she was fully aware that he had been outside for a few days.

• JK
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Well he survived 3 nights outside. What a brave bun. Maybe he should be named Braveheart! Amazing he didn’t get caught by something. And thank god you saw him when you did. Fate!

• skunklionshow
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Just when you think the world is a bad place….an angel goes and surprises you!  That is some fantastic news. Hopefully Tiffany will be posting soon on little "Braveheart’s" progress.  Kudos to you and your saneness for keeping so collected during this process….this little guy had so many of us pulling for him that I’m not at all surprised that everything worked out.

• MooBunnay
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                              3087 posts Send Private Message

I just had to catch up with the post – such a suspenseful one.. it could be a novel! How exciting that we have a real life Angoragrl HERO on our website! Will you autograph bebe Juli’s litterbox? And Kramer wants you to sign his tummy I am soooooo glad that you were able to find him and catch him, the poor thing must have had such horrible nights outside and cold with nothing to eat or drink. I would HARDLY be able to keep from bashing that ladies head in. I don’t know WHAT I would do, I think you have elevated yourself to some higher level of Karma status by handling the situation maturely. I can’t wait to see pics of the guy, and tell Tifany to join us online so we can help her adjust to the rabbit life! Dutch’s are such good bunnies, I bet she’ll have tons of great stories about him soon that you can tell VERY LOUDLY around the office

• Gravehearted
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

wow, I am so glad that he’s safe and sound with Tiffany now. What an ordeal for all of you – thank the gods he’s ok.

• Deleted User
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  22064 posts Send Private Message

AWESOME!  I am thrilled to see bunny has been caught and is in safe hands NOW!

I hope that cow-worker is feeling so guilty … I say what goes around comes around …

All the Best with bunny …. Cuddles to him from this neck of the wood.

Good Work!

Dawn xx

• MimzMum
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

AWWW YEAAH! WOOHOO! *does a happy dance*

It is because of folks like you and your gentle neighbor that I have hope for the world! Thank God the bun is home and safe at last! Good job to both of you!

• BB Administrator
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Keymaster
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      392 posts Send Private Message

YAHOOO!! (this is BinkyBunny in admin mode working on site stuff) Anyway, i am so happy he’s safe and sound. Now that you have him, have any angry feeling begun to surface? Are you planning on saying anything to the woman about what she’s done or report her? I am not yet in the "higher" more mature level of Kharma, so I would rather see her at least get a piece of your mind or get reported. But that’s just me.

I mean I’d like to know why in the world she would just drop him off like that? I mean we know why , but what in the world could utter out of her pitiful mouth? Especially when she could have found a safer route to go. What a mental case. Does she even feel the least bit remorseful? My guess is she figured, you have advice, then you take ’em. It’s these type of people that really just dumbfound me. Not just ignorance,(as I am most patient with that) but willful ignorance and selfishness with this disgusting type of heartlessness to top it all off. There is seriously something really wrong with a person like that.

I can hold my tongue and am very patient when it comes to things animal issues, but if this were my co-worker, just for my own release, I would let her know my opinion of her actions – her incredible selfishness, the inconvenience she put everyone through, not to mention the most important part, the danger she put another living creature in. I would not hesitate to report her to Animal Care and Control and bill her for the vet. It’s too bad she has children, hopefully, somehow, by some miracle, they will become more responsible and caring than their own mother.

I know you have to do what is best for you and your situation, and of course, the most important part is that this bunny is safe and sound.   But for those of  us  "lesser beings" that would love to know if you actually take the legal route or give her a tongue lashing keep us updated if that happens so we can settle our little spirited selves down.

Helloworld!!

• wendyzski
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        1312 posts Send Private Message

I am soooo happy for the little bun!

Angoragirl – I have a LOT of extra nblack NIC cubes (I got them when  a friend was moving, and when I thought I was going to try to bond Pepper) that I would be HAPPY to send to Tiffany to make the new bunbun a home.  Please give her my e-mail address (zski@ripco.com) and if she will e-mail me her snail mail address I’ll ship them off right away!

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

OMG! I can’t believe that I almost forgot to tell you guys about this. . . So I woke up this morning and there was atleast nine inches of snow on the ground and it took my forty minutes to get off my street. So needless to say, I was not in the best of moods when I got to work. So I get there, and I was actually there early because we moved our start time back so basically no one else is there. . . . . EXCEPT, drum roll please. . . . . .  my b* of a coworker. I must have been in a REALLy bad mood because I walked up to her and told her in no uncertain terms that "Thumper" was now safe, no thanks to her and that what she did was not only criminal but downright disgusting! I also muttered something about how I hoped she wouldn’t just throw her kids out when they got bratty as I was walking away and I am pretty sure she heard that too.

• Scarlet_Rose
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Wow. I am a little shocked you did that. Just out of total curiosity I HAVE to ask, did she say anything to you?

• JK
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Yeah that was just a little tiny thing to leave out! Right on!!! I’m so proud of you! It may not have come out quite the way you wanted but it had to be said! Now don’t you feel better? I’m want to know too – what did she say back?????h

• BinkyBunny
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Moderator

I don’t know if it made you feel any better, but I sure feel better.

• osprey
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

As they say "Hit her with both barrels!"

Now, will she complain to HR about you, or is she sufficiently embarrassed that she will keep a low profile?

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

I think she is sufficiently embarrassed to keep her mouth shut. Later on, she actually *almost* apologized to me. She said “umm, I guess maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to dump him.” Never actually said the word sorry but it was close enough I suppose.

• MimzMum
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Ooooooo….SPANKEH! *applause* You go girl! Way to take her down a peg! I am proud of you. I would love to have seen the look on her face!

Evil proliferates when good men (and women) stand by and do nothing. You have made a difference, rest assured! ^^

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

I feel bad that I said that to her but it probably didn’t come out as bad as I made it sound. I have a tendancy when I am actually talking to people to be pretty friendly even when I am really telling them they are the scum of the earth. I think it comes from my three years of debating when you have to be nice to your opponents, or the judges don’t like you.

• JK
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

You CANNOT feel bad you said something! I think you would have felt even worse had you not said a word and let her get away with it. Just remember she dumped a precious little bun who was exposed to the elements. It’s amazing he even survived. There are no words to describe those despicable actions. It’s over with, you did the right thing, now just move on. This just might be a rude awakening for her that you can’t do such horrid things and not get caught.

• babybunsmum
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

i agree.  yay to you for giving her a little piece of your mind!!!  sure there are always eloquent and composed ways of saying things but letting anger or frustration show in a situation like this is nothing to feel bad about.  just the opposite.  even if she mentioned what you said to others – which i doubt she would judging from her pseudo apology – it really shows that you feel very passionate about responsible animal care.  nothing wrong with that imho. 

• Beka27
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Good.

For.

You.

of course… everyone should try to take the high road when dealing with folks of this yucky character, but i’m glad you said something.    hopefully, she will think twice before doing anything this stupid again, or even weigh the responsibilities beforehand of adopting/buying another pet in the future. 

you said your piece.  this might also help give you closure to move on.  remember… you have to work with this person, and it sucks to go into work with someone you dislike strongly.  you said what you needed to… she feels like crap apparently.  now focus the time and energy on sweet little bunny.  does Tiffany have him right now?  or do you?

• angoralvr
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Tiffany has him right now and I actually haven’t seen him in the last couple days. I saw him once when I went over there and he seems to be settling in quite well. I have two little bunnies at my house right now that a member of another site that lives near me is adopting. They have extremely splayed legs but they are total sweethearts so I have been spending some time with them. I am sure I will stop by next door soon though.

Actually, Tiffany called me today and was totally freaking out. . . She thought he was having seizures because he did a binky! After I laughed for about a minute, I explained he was just happy! Come to think of it, I should warn her about the dead bunny flop before she thinks he’s keeled over one day!

• Scarlet_Rose
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Poor Tiffany! Well at least she has a bunny savvy person she can call! : )

• JK
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

The dumped bun has already done a binky!!!!! That’s awesome!  Do tell Tiffany to come to this site.  We need updates!!!

• MimzMum
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Oh the beloved binky! Sign of a happy bun! ^^ I am in tears with joy! How wonderful that Thumper is acclimating so quickly!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Yes, DO please warn her about the bunny flop! 0.o Hogeeze, I wish I’d had someone to warn me!

• BinkyBunny
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Moderator

YEAH!!! A Binky! Just a huge sigh of relief for you, the bunny and for this whole drama. It’s good that there is such a happy ending. Wow, this really has been quite the thread! I’m just so happy everything worked out so well. Hopefully Tiffany will stop by and we can welcome her and hear more about how he’s settling in, and maybe even get to see some pictures. Is she going to rename him?

• kimberleyanddarren
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          2520 posts Send Private Message

how about putting some carrots and stuff in one of those portable cage things and then when it gets in there shut the door maybe on a string with you hiding behind it?

Viewing 122 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Wild rabbits? RESOLVED – Rabbit Safe & Sound!