Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Why Does He Do This? XD It’s Hilarious

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • CinnamonPearl
      Participant
      69 posts Send Private Message

I’m gonna include in this post a little link to a video showing one of Clover’s more hysterical behaviors!  Does anyone have any idea why he does this to my mom’s poor cat? They’ve had this sort of relationship since day one of meeting each other (after a few trial sessions on opposite sides of a fence, of course), and it’s so consistently funny that now when I need to smile, I just go find the cat and plop him in my room. X”D 

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyBHwdw71nY&t=6s

• GlennTheLionhead
        Participant
        361 posts Send Private Message

Hi
          I don’t have much experience with cat and rabbit relationships, my bunny’s have met my mom’s cat and they were just scared and hid and they have also met my sister kitten which they both seemed to really enjoy and even tried to play, probably cause it was so small and not very threatening.
          If I were to guess it looks as though maybe clover isn’t to happy with the cats presence, in the video it looks like he tried to lunge/chase the cat when the kitty goes near his litter tray and food, so perhaps he feels like the cat is challenging his territory so wants to act out?

It can be hard to tell from a vid if this is playing or chasing but I’d say maybe chasing as there’s no binkying as it looks like he’s trying to nip him

Maybe try introducing them in a different room that doesn’t belong to clover?

Hopefully someone with a bit more experience with rabbit and cat relationships can give some better advice but thats my guess.

They are both very cute!

• CinnamonPearl
          Participant
          69 posts Send Private Message

I wouldn’t doubt if he doesn’t like the cat much cause when Clover doesn’t chase him, the cat will just kinda sneak up and stand behind him all day. XD But something strange is sometimes Clover doesn’t binky when he’s chasing, but sometimes he does!

• Bladesmith
            Participant
            849 posts Send Private Message

Clover and Dawn play with my cats all the time. They play chase, cats chase rabbits, rabbits chase cats, which is funny to see a 2.5 lb rabbit chasing a 10 lb cat.

Sometimes, when the cat won’t play with Clover, she’ll huff and thump, and then bulldoze the cat right over, then run away laughing. Punks, the lot of them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Why Does He Do This? XD It’s Hilarious