Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Why does death come in three

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • BZOO
      Participant
      329 posts Send Private Message

We lost the G.pig we babysat, he was family.

We lost our beloved Lethal White Aussie, Sara, wrote about her here.

Then I find my hamster, Wilma, passed in her sleep

Ugh.  Can we be done now?  Nine times out of ten, death comes in threes, so please, no more.

Baby hammies at shelter, but I think I’m getting to old for cage cleaning, donating hammie stuff to a rescue.

My Dad is having heart 💜 issues, not ready for that in the least.

Down to two dogs, that’s rough.  We are used to 3/4.

Hubby not really ready for another, but any and all Pugs are a definite consideration.

Hope you and yours are well.

• HipHopBunny
        Participant
        640 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry!!

The only thing I can think of right now is this quote from Abraham Lincoln: “It’s not the years in your life that count; it’s the life in your years.” I’m sure that you gave all who you’ve cared for that have crossed over many wonderful times together, filled with deep meaning. In the end, the only thing we can really do it hold onto those moments and cherish all of the good times shared between us. After all, that’s what our loved ones who have passed would want most for us.

(((((((((Sending healing energy your way))))))))))

• BZOO
            Participant

Thanks.  We only had Wilma a short while, took her in when a client’s daughter moved out.

She was a total sweetheart.

My Dad is home and doing well.

Hoping to have a few years, at least, with a break.  I try very hard to be a decent person.  Come on Karma!!!

• DanaNM
            8930 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry BZOO 🙁

The little pets are so hard, because others don’t really understand it. Plus their little lives are so short, so you just never get enough time with them. One of my best friends kept rats for many years, but eventually stopped because the heartbreak was just too frequent.

((( HUGS )))

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Bonny Girl
                Participant
                26 posts Send Private Message

True pet lovers are special people.  We are committed to our babies 24/7.  They are our world 24/7.  We feel great responsibility for them 24/7.  This is why the emptiness is GREAT when they leave us.  What do we do with ourselves now 24/7?  They lived because of the care and love that we personally gave them.  Love is love — no matter what size or kind of animal.  We are grateful for this forum to express our deep sorrow and to, hopefully, provide a little consolation to others.

• BZOO
                Participant

Thanks y’all.

Not done yet, apparently.  Had to euthanize one of my Bettas, Sterling.

He had a growth.  Treated it a few times, but didn’t help and he had stopped eating. Ugh.  He was a beautiful Silver Dragon.

Noticed tonight one of my others is very thin.  He eats well and seems fine otherwise.

I’m a sucker for Bettas, but it seems that there is too much inbreeding, as they used to live a LOT longer than they do now.

Maybe I need to try some Guppies.

• DanaNM
                  8930 posts Send Private Message

Awww I love bettas! I’m sorry about Sterling. 🙁 It’s never easy to euthanize a fish, even when you know it’s the right decision. And I had a string of bad luck with them, so I know what you mean. My first I did not take great care of (in retrospect), and he lived 5 years, healthy and happy as could be. Then more recently I had really great set-ups (10 gal planted tanks with heaters, etc.) and had way more problems! I agree that the breeding is likely to blame… and/or the water in Santa Barbara is just terrible (very possible.. it’s some of the hardest in the US).

This is a tangent, but have you every watched Foo The Flowerhorn’s videos on Youtube? They have beautiful and relaxing videos of some amazing tank set ups, including their wild-type betta Kartoffel (“potato” in German, because his first tank set up had a live sweet potato plant as the filtration).

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Why does death come in three