Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Why do people own bunnies as class pets?

• This topic has 2sd replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years ago by Kiki.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Marzipan The Bunny
      Participant
      73 posts Send Private Message

Hi all. I was at a debate tournament this past weekend and this time it was hosted at a different school. they will usually assign two pairs of debaters to a classroom with a judge for each of the 4 rounds. My partner and I walked into this classroom early and were very surprised to find a little lion head bunny. His cage was around the size of a litterbox and the only things in it were clay bedding, a water bottle, pellets, and very small ball filled with very little hay hanging up on the cage. Considering how lethargic the poor little guy was, there was no way he would be able to reach it. His water bottle was empty so I opened the cage and offered him some of my water before filling up his water and he just stood there in the corner. I just couldn’t believe somebody would leave a rabbit in a classroom over the weekend. Bunnies can get sick in as little as 12 hours. I wrote a note and kept it on top of his cage and hoped whoever read it would take advice from it. I couldn’t really get it out of my head so later I went around and talked to some people who went to that school about the bun. They said that the rabbit always stayed at the school over the weekend and sometimes, the teacher would let him run around the classroom. This was a middle school by the way so there was a little bunny running around the feet of 12-year-olds with a really loud school bell. How is this even allowed at this school? I know I can’t do more than write a note or send an email and that the part that makes me feel helpless.

• Kiki
        Participant
        205 posts Send Private Message

Omg I would be enraged. I probably would have put that bunny in my pocket and taken it home.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The topic ‘Why do people own bunnies as class pets?’ is closed to new replies.

Forum THE LOUNGE Why do people own bunnies as class pets?