Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Why are my buns so lazy??

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • MommaMay
      Participant
      27 posts Send Private Message

My babies Sweet Pea and Soda pop are just little sleepers. They live in my room and I always have the door open with a baby gate. I usually let them out for at least 2/3 hours a day minimum. Sometimes they only get 1 due to I don’t live in my own house , and sometimes they get 5 hours. But on the other hand sometime when I let them out they go right under the couch the whole time and plop. I’ve noticed a lot of the time they do that more if it’s the day time, and they are more curious and hop around during like 6 or 7. But anyways I make them little toys, and they play or I’ll stuff a treat in a ball and they’ll throw it around for a while , but pretty much all of the time they’re just plopped and sleeping! I see some binkies and zoomies here and there. When I do let them out for playtime I usually get a banana or some other treat and have them follow me and run around to get some excercise . But sometimes when i try to let them out it’s like I have to kick them out of the room to go play! They play for like a hour then wanna come back in. I think the laziness is cute but I’m just wondering if it’s normal for them to be so lazy. They’re about a year old and mini rex mixes. Pea is fixed male and Soda is not and she’s female

• Azerane
        4688 posts Send Private Message

Hi there That lazy behaviour sounds pretty normal to me. Rabbits are naturally crepuscular, meaning that they’re most active around dawn and dusk. This is why even if I open my bunnies’ cage door around 1pm they may just continue sleeping for another 2 hours before being bothered to venture out. Then when they do venture out it is usually just a brief hop around to find another comfy spot to continue sleeping.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Why are my buns so lazy??