Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Who’s got the naughtiest bunny?

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
    • sophie
      Participant
      18 posts Send Private Message

Does anybody have any crazy/naughty rabbit stories to share? 🙂

• sarahthegemini
        Participant
        5584 posts Send Private Message

I wouldn’t say mine are particularly naughty, just a bit cheeky sometimes. My boy bun digs at my girl bun to get her to move if he wants to flop in her spot lol he also digs at her randomly for the sake of it which I’m trying to train him out of!

• sarahthegemini
          Participant
          5584 posts Send Private Message

Oh and my girl once pooped on my boyfriend’s slipper (whilst he was wearing them) and then binkied off lol

• Monsieur Bunbun
            Participant
            5 posts Send Private Message

I once put down a glass of coke in the coffee table while watching some tv. When I reached for my glass to have a sip I heard a “clinking noise”, looked down in the glass and there was a poop floating around

• bigbunnies
              Participant
              67 posts Send Private Message

Mosby is insane lol and I love it! He is very high energy, he runs around the room like crazy all the time! He really likes my dogs and thinks its funny to follow very closely behind them almost herding them around the house. My dogs hate when he does this and then usually just stop and sit down, then Mosby will nudge them with his nose and make them move again. Lol its very fun to watch especially because my dogs are sweet and patient with him and then he is Mr. Bossy.

• Ellie F.
                Participant
                19 posts Send Private Message

My big fattie Julius chewed all the way through the flooring of his playpen to get to the carpet beneath, then chewed up a 3-inch wide hole in the carpet! And I’m in an apartment!

On an unrelated note, anyone have $700 to help me repair a carpet? Lol!

• vanessa
                  Participant
                  2212 posts Send Private Message

Morgana and Avalon chewed through the carpet, the underlayment, and down to the nail strip and the subflooring. I put linoleum down – they shredded a 2x6ft area of linoleum. Now they have plywood floors. They have chewed through electric cables (plugged in!). The reach up and tug at the puppy pee pads in the bird cage – and pull them out, giving the birds a great fright. They shredded their expensive fleece veterinary bedding. I mean shredded – as in just a pile of shreds.
                    Guin is too shy to leave her bunny room without Lancelot, so she digs up the 3 layers of pee pads I have on the carpet for his incontinence. she chewed a hole into my boyfriends c-pap machine air hose.

• Ellie F.
                    Participant
                    19 posts Send Private Message

Vanessa, I think you win ‘naughtiest bunny’ award.

• vanessa
                      Participant

Yay… just what i always wanted.., 😉

• sophie
                        Participant

My last bunny Robin (RIP) wasn’t too bad for chewing through any cables or floor but he had the biggest evil steak and I could never understand his behavior. He was like a predator, not prey!! He’d bite hard if i put my hand in his cage, he’d chase me when he was out of his cage trying to bite me at every opportunity. He’d bite me for piking up his poo’s with tissue and then he’d shred up the tissue and flick it underneath/behind him. one minute he’d be all nice jumping up on me for a bit of fuss (he loved getting petted) and then the next minute he’d attack for no reason.

• Green Bamboo
                          Participant
                          7 posts Send Private Message

Charlie is still biting hard enough to leave a bruise…. but we still love her.
                            She likes my son the best and has only nipped him once, barely.
                            Go figure.
                            She is tidy and neat about her habitat. Loves to eat. doesn’t mind if you stick a finger into her cage and rub her nose— she bites when she’s out running around if you go to pick her up— just have to be careful and talk to her while lifting her up.
                            She likes the couch and living room the best— and likes to lay down.
                            Silly girl.

Sorry —I think pics go in the photo album section ??

• Chrystie
                            Participant
                            51 posts Send Private Message

If we don’t turn the remote controls face down, Nutmeg chews off ALL the buttons. We now have to buy one of those fancy $200+ ones that don’t have any buttons just screens, which I rrally dislike. A lot. Nutmeg also chases our 13 year old daughter off “her” black area rug in the family room. It’s not hers, it’s the huge area rug in the family room so Sydney has to run to the couch before Nutmeg sees her. If Nutmeg sees her she will run over and sit in front of the couch, one ear up one down and just stare at Sydney for 5-10 minutes. She only does this to Sydney.

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                              Participant
                              2512 posts Send Private Message

Wow, some pretty naughty stories in here. I should keep this thread hidden from Breintje, he’ll use it as a to-do-list ^_^

Breintje used to be in my BF’s student room. He went chewing around the room and neatly rounded off all the skirting boards in his room. Not a single spot skipped…
                                And in one night he chewed a bunny-sized hole into his curtains. They were blocking his main route from the couch to his favourite perch on the window sill. Of course he could have taken his secondary route (from Bas’ huge ship trunk onto the window sill), but no… He set himself to the task and chewed away for hours. Bas was quite impressed that morning, but also quite pissed off. Tssk, stupid hoomans don’t appreciate hard work.

Vanessas buns still take the cake though, oh dear what a set of destructobunnies!

• Sleepy
                                Participant
                                190 posts Send Private Message

There’s currently a hole in our couch, which is occasionally patched up with duct tape and a wooden board thanks to the buns.

We were used to the buns digging at the blankets under the couch, since it keeps them from hiding underneath it. So one night they started really digging and we thought nothing at it at first, thinking it was the blanket…then we looked down and saw the couch stuffing being pulled out and two smug rabbits looking so proud of themselves.

• JosipTheBunny
                                  Participant
                                  60 posts Send Private Message

Hahahaha what little devils!
                                    One of our buns is very mischievous especially when it comes to getting to food. He reaches the most impossible places and eats the weirdest things. He once fished a chewing gum packet out of my bag and ate them (weirdly his tummy never gets upset… it’s like he is indestructible), he jumped on a really high shelf and nibble on a unscented candel. He always jumps on a living room table knocking over cups with tea and eating remote control buttons and my caloring penciles (of course he only likes the expensive high quality ones which are made of really nice soft wood ).
                                    So we have to keep most of things high away from his reach but of course occasionally we forget something and it gets destroyed!
                                    The other buns are all very well behaved!

• Lupin
                                    Participant
                                    31 posts Send Private Message

Bill chewed the small window of his cardboard house. It became his project over the course of a week. 
                                      Everyday, the hole which was originally just large enough for his nose got bigger and bigger until it was the size of his head,

and then it became the size where he can squeeze his whole body through. It’s funny cause the hole looks small relative to his body but

he can squeeze through as he’s mostly fluff. Sometimes he goes nuts zooming around and will jump through that small hole at high speeds. Reminded me of the kool-aid man. It’s as if he likes practicing his zooming accuracy in tight corners, through obstacles and small holes . The cardboard house has since been taken away as he ate too much of it.. but it was entertaining while it lasted! Also he is naughty because I have to shoo him away at least 5 times to stop him from chewing/moving something but he goes right back at it. He would also turn his head back to look at me / testing me if he’s doing something naughty like “yeah human, I’m biting your furniture.. watch me not care about your rules.” 

• vanessa
                                      Participant

When Morgana was still living outside in a chicken wire coop, she chewed a hole through the chicken wire to escape. Then she got out of my front yard 3 times. She is now in the bedroom trying to dig her way out. I got a pic of the new hole in the linoleum… I’ll have to post it…

• Paige
                                        Participant
                                        149 posts Send Private Message

Lol all these mischievous little fluffs. My Peter somehow lifted one of my vents in my kitchen out. He also likes to somehow get his poop over the baby gate and 10ft away. ?

• sophie
                                          Participant

this is some funny/naughty stuff! I’d love to see pictures 😀

• xoxShooterxox
                                            Participant
                                            25 posts Send Private Message

My rabbit has chewed my dad’s birth certificate… he still doesn’t know and I’m dreading the day he finds out

• Jessica
                                              Participant
                                              349 posts Send Private Message

My previous bun amber ate my homework one day. I brought my teacher the shreds of paper. Luckily he thought it was quite funny and still gave me credit. He also quit printing our homework out on green paper

• princessbookworm
                                                Participant
                                                135 posts Send Private Message

One day when I was eating oatmeal with berries on top (while distractedly reading my phone), Jake jumped onto the table, stole a strawberry, and binkied off to enjoy. Haha!

• vanessa
                                                  Participant

Posted By xoxShooterxox on 3/16/2017 5:15 AM

My rabbit has chewed my dad’s birth certificate… he still doesn’t know and I’m dreading the day he finds out

Oh nooooo! Hopefully he won’t need it soon…

Participant

Youch, that’s really naughty to eat such an important document!

Luckily our bun is just a sneaky stroopwafel thief

• Wick & Fable
                                                      5771 posts Send Private Message

Wick pees on the floor if you take too long to prep his food (cut/wash veggies)… You have to start it secretly when he’s out of the room to give yourself a head-start.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• DorothyTheMiniSatinBun
                                                        Participant
                                                        144 posts Send Private Message

HAHAH that’s hilarious, Monsieur! Dorothy has done something similar with me, only she pooped in my shoe before I left for work. And she even thought to run to the front door and lie down for a front row seat for when I put on my shoes and got that nice surprise lol She cracks me up 

• Luna
                                                          Participant
                                                          2219 posts Send Private Message

Ellie – lol does Breintje clean up all his little crumbs when he’s done?

• Aaron
                                                            Participant
                                                            184 posts Send Private Message

Ellie, I love stroopwafels, and I am not from the Netherlands! But anyway, I was eating a salad and Sebastian was laying on the couch. I was watching TV, and had an eye on him. He ran over, took a piece of lettuce out of the bowl and ran off with it!

Participant

Hahaha, what a character that Dorothy ^_^

@Luna
                                                                : yes, he licks up all crumbs he can find. He’s like a little vacuum cleaner, searching for anything edible. Whether it’s from the mess he made, or crumbs we dropped during breakfast or dinner. Strange things he managed to find on the floor: a small part of a crisp, part of a cookie which had crumbled, and.. a piece of krupuk (indonesian deep-fried prawn cracker).

@Aaron: great that you know them and you like them ^_^ We have a rich tradition of sweet baking, especially cookies, spiced breakfast cake and Sinterklaas treats.

Hehe, tell Sebastian I have a soft spot for cute little food stealers

• xoxShooterxox
                                                                Participant
                                                                25 posts Send Private Message

Oh gosh I hope not!! He has a very short temper too… 

• vanessa
                                                                  Participant

This is the hole Avalon chewed so he could sit on the carpet. I gave him a new box to chew to distract him from the limoleum. It’s worked so far…

• binkiessince2010
                                                                    Participant
                                                                    52 posts Send Private Message

Charlie ate holes in my nice jersey sheets…. both the fitted sheet, the top sheet, and the pillow case. The one in the top sheet is big enough for him to hop through…
                                                                      He also keeps finding a way to get behind my be and pee under it even though I block off all the entrances. Then I have to move a heavy bed whenever it starts to smell in my room.
                                                                      Lastly, he finds a way to hop from the ground onto my 3’+ tall bed and pee on it, even when I am sleeping on it.  have no clue how his little legs are that strong!

Viewing 31 reply threads
                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Who’s got the naughtiest bunny?