Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE whiskers

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • Beka27
      Participant
      16016 posts Send Private Message

Meadow has sweet lttle curly mini rex whiskers… but i was giving her head rubs a few minutes ago and i noticed one whisker further back on her cheek (sort of under her eye) and it is LOOOOONG.  i stretched it to it’s full length and it’s maybe two inches long. 

i never have before so i’m not sure if i can… but can i trim it?  it coiled back around and was poking her in the eye…

i’m getting up close and personal views of Meadow now that she sits on my desk in the mornings.

i have fur on me, my keyboard, in my coffee…  she has nibbled all my important papers, a DVD case, three books, the phone answering machine base. 

so what do i do?  give her extra head pets.

• JK
        Participant
        2223 posts Send Private Message

Of course you should never trim whiskers but in this case I sure would. The last thing you need is to have some eye problem from a poking whisker. Sounds like she is busy at work on your desk! Love that picture.

• Sage Cat
          Participant
          1883 posts Send Private Message

I have noticed Kay & Winston both have 1 or 2 whiskers just where you described. But they are straight.

I could see (pun fully intended) it being a problem if that whisker was poking Meadow in the eye.

We would not want anything bad to happen to Meadow – good co-workers are hard to find!

• Beka27
            Participant

so i should? oh yeah… i would never trim whiskers just for the sake of trimming whiskers… but it is FREAKISHLY LONG!!!!!

Sage, so they have those weird whiskers too? are theirs super long? i had noticed she had it there before, but i had not noticed it was so long b/c hers curl over.

lol… good coworkers! i think she needs to be written up…

• JK
              Participant
              2223 posts Send Private Message

Trim it! Do you really want Meadow to have a goopey eye when she starts dating????

• Beka27
                Participant

i missed my opportunity… now she’s all flopped out and i don’t want to disturb her.

she worked hard at the office today…

• Beka27
                  Participant

ok… done. that was not as frightening as it seems… altho i kept worrying i was gonna poke her with the scissors. she seemed entirely unphased…

• Sage Cat
                    Participant

Yep, they got em!

I reckoned it was normal since they both have them. Besides my cats always had whiskers there, too.

They also have small whiskers over their eyes. No, above their eye lashes.

Isn’t it is how they can judge if a space is big enough for them to go through?

Here is a photo of Kay where you can see at least one of them – on the right side, below her ear.

1515113981771.jpg

• Beka27
                      Participant

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! i love that pic of Kay! the look on her face is priceless! don’t you just love them? i remember when you first came on here asking if you should adopt… i bet you cannot imagine your life without them now!!!

• Sage Cat
                        Participant

They are so Awesome!

J & I are really happy we got the buns. J is still amazed how much he likes having them around.

Although, I now spend way to much time on Binky Bunny. Oh, well!

• kralspace
                          Participant
                          2663 posts Send Private Message

Catfish Kay! I love the look on her face!

• MarkBun
                            Participant
                            2842 posts Send Private Message

I don’t know if she looks like she’s seen a ghost or if she just looks like a ghost.

• bunnytowne
                              Participant
                              7537 posts Send Private Message

I luv that look that should be intered in a contest.

• RabbitPam
                                11002 posts Send Private Message

I think whiskers are kind of an alert system so when something touches one they can feel it before it gets too close (and move away).

Beka, teach Meadow to type while she’s up there.
                                  We want to read her posts.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE whiskers