Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Whiskers and Petri!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • Firalily
      Participant
      5 posts Send Private Message

Hello everyone, I am new here and everyone seems to be talking about cute bunnies so i must talk about the two cutest bunnies ever!!! hehe ^^

Ok so my bf and i got a bunny her name is whiskers shes an english spot and super super cute ^^. The first night we brought her home she was all cuddly with us and lovable (minus the sharp little claws which were clipped a few days later hehe).  She is very well trained with the litterbox she learned very very fast in one day no less!  She loves racing around the livingroom and jumping from middle of room straight to back of the couch, amazing little hops they are .

So after a week or so we ended up dogsitting Jake a german shepard we were wondering what was gonna happen such a big doggie and such a little bunny! But all is well and Jack is actually more afraid of Whiskers! She loves sneaking up on him and its soooo cute to watch her tackle jump onto the couch lol.

But Whiskers was sad in her cage all alone so we decided she needed a bunny bud and now we have Petri, we are not sure what breed she is but shes the same size as whiskers but orange with white tummy and one white paw ^^.  They had a bad sqaubble in the beginning but now they are best friends (cuddling with legs all stretched out around one another) and we swear she is whiskers side kick! Poor Jake they team up on him hehe petri gets his attention and whiskers pounces! too cute   Its taken her a bit but she finally discovered her legs can propel her onto the couch sometimes she shoots to far and hits the back but she shakes it off and hops off to hop back on (shes a little show off now :p)

They love to eat to and normally u look over and see petri and whiskers chewing on the same piece of hay or whatever green whiskers digs from the dish ^^.  Now they have great bunny noses we found and have a big nose for twizzlers as they regularly would attack the bag! We know its prolly not good for them but bunny kisses all over our lips and sad bunny begs broke us down and we share them bunny on one end and us on the others its really cute and nothing bad has happened so a little here and there cant be to bad hehe. Spoiled little bunnies ^^. But bunny kisses galore! Whikers also loves the smell of soda and juice we have to watch our cups cause she normally will have her head right in it! im trying to get a picture of it hehe.

Petri does have one small issue though she poops! Now its not bad and its all in one spot (right next to the litterbox) and she pees in the litter box she just tends to poop out of it.  We have sat with her for hours watching for any signs to catch her in the act but she doesnt even twitch! Any suggestions are welcome we have tried figuring her out on this but shes Petri and we dont mind cleaning her corner just would be nice to get that extra hop forward hehe.  We have even put the food dish in a spot so she sits in the litterbox while eating to cut down on the pooping outside its worked quite a bit but she still likes to go outside of it.

But on a happy note again both of them know their names and the word litterbox hehe and they attack any red bags (maybe its a twizzler bag!) This is a long post i know but cute bunnies must be told about, and i couldnt stop after the first part hehe They really are cute

11020294910171.GIF

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

Oh, they are too cute. You are so lucky that yours liked each other that quickly. I have been working on bonding my boys since the end of August.

• Firalily
          Participant

I hope they get together soon hehe, we actually took them for car rides and Jake helped out too whenever whiskers got too rough he would put his paw down off the couch and look at them and they would freeze then run to a safer spot. ^^ Hes a good boy he figured out that they werent allowed to fight so he helped us stop but if they ran for him he turns tail and runs!   Just last night whiskers hopped onto the couch he sleeps on and he wouldnt go near it!

Anyway car rides worked wonders and we were very amazed they bonded so quickly as they both havnt been spayed, have u tried taking them for a ride?

• Gravehearted
            Participant
            2428 posts Send Private Message

welcome to binky bunny Firalily! what cuties Whiskers and Petri are 🙂 i’m so glad to hear how well they’re getting along, most bunnies are happier with a companion. are they both spayed yet? litter box habits often improve after being fixed. you might try adding another litterbox and some hay to the box to make it more interesting for them.

please please opt for other kinds of treats, since so much sugar can lead to very serious health problems. treats need to be very limited, so a good choice might be a raisin, small slice of banana or a cranberry.

• Firalily
              Participant

we always place some hay in the litterbox and they love to sit in it and munch away, they arent spayed yet cause we heard that might change how they act and what not and we are happy with them the way they are . We did lots and lots of research and have tried many many tricks so far to help Petri, she knows very well what it is for cause she uses it but doesnt seem to understand we want her to poop in the box lol, hopefully with more time she will get it though

• MooBunnay
                Participant
                3087 posts Send Private Message

Welcome Firalily! What a cute pair you have Thats so funny that they attack all red bags! My bunnies get super excited anytime they hear a bag crinkle because they think its a raisin bag!

Regarding spaying – you may want to read this website: http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/spay.html

The Vet who wrote this is a very educated rabbit vet, who has helped me several times when my bunnies had sicknesses I was unable to diagnose, as well as I read many articles by her.

I think the most convincing thing for me when it came to spaying is that spayed and neutered pets live 2-4 years longer than unspayed.

• Firalily
                  Participant

Thank you very much for the advice i certaintly will check that site out

• Scarlet_Rose
                    Participant
                    4293 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to the forum! Those are some cute bunnies!

• BinkyBunny
                      8776 posts Send Private Message

Well i ditto all the advice you have been given. Unspayed female bunnies have a high risk of cancer of their reproductive organs. Also, how old are your two bunnies? Male and female right? Unless you plan on breeding them, how are you going to keep them from having babies if they are not neutered/spayed.

I can tell you that though there are exceptions, the majority of rabbits that I have dealt with that have been spayed or neutered only change for the positive.

• Firalily
                        Participant

Nooo they both girls :p no baby bunnies will be hopping around hehe

• Gravehearted
                          Participant
                          2428 posts Send Private Message

well, i do seriously hope you will consider getting your girls spayed – they will live longer and much healthier lives. Spayed bunnies tend to be less territorial and destructive too!

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Whiskers and Petri!