Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A When is it too cold for bunnies to go in the garden run?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lisa Smale
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

I have two Netherland dwarf house rabbits that live in my front room ♥️ I normally let them out in the front room if the weather is bad but sometimes I can’t (if I have visitors and their dogs over). When is it too cold outside for them to go in the run in the garden? Thanks!

• Marzipan The Bunny
        Participant
        73 posts Send Private Message

I think anything below 40 or 50 F is cold for a bunny. My boy wont even go near the windows and look outside if its below 50 and would rather cuddle up on my bed, lol!

• Bam
          16877 posts Send Private Message

The rule of thumb is the temp difference between indoors and outdoors should not be more than 10 degrees C. Rabbits can cope with a lot colder than that, but then they need to be slowly acclimatized. You can take a bun out in cold weather for playtime for 10-15 minutes if the bun will move around. For longer spells the bun needs to have access to some type of shelter.

The shelter should be elevated off the ground and have walls and a roof that protect against rain, snow and wind. There should be some bedding material for the buns to burrow in (straw or hay).

If you take your buns out in cold weather, you should dry their undersides with a towel when they come back in.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A When is it too cold for bunnies to go in the garden run?