Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE What Veggies do you feed daily?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • JodiM
      Participant
      99 posts Send Private Message

So all this talk about flowers and such has me wondering what everyone feeds there bunnies on a daily basis. The list on a website that Osprey posted said that rabbits should be offered at least 3 different green veggies per day.

Lately I’ve generally been feeding my buns only two. Parsley and green leaf lettuce, the odd time I’ve picked some dandelion from my pesticide free yard!! Oh, and I tried Cilantro once, Carmel liked it but FLopsy didn’t.

What else is popular among the rabbit crowd these days??

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

I feed Luey greens every second day … he generally gets a piece of brocolli … which is the first item to be demolished and an assortment of Asian greens .. he does not like parsley or any other herbs, cucumber or tomato, capsicum … kinda fussy bunny.

I go to my local Asian food market … she has some nice greens and very fresh and much cheaper than the supermarket.

Occasionally Luey will get carrot, apple or banana … depends how he has been treating his human slave!

I have tried the dandelions from my garden but does not want a barr of them.

• JK
          Participant
          2223 posts Send Private Message

Edson gets about 2 cups of organic baby greens, parsley, romaine & mint daily.  He also gets 2 papaya tablets and a bedtime snack of sliver of carrot or apple or a sprig of mint if I haven’t giiven that to him with his salad! And of course 1/8 cup of pellets and unlimited tim hay…

• Toki+Pumpkin+Elmo
            Participant
            319 posts Send Private Message

I give parsley and cilantro everyday. One is that they love it. Second reason is because I know for sure that they wont get poopy butt. The third veggie changes every week. It’s also important to give variety.

So I rotate between things like bok choy, mustard greens, chard, and dandelions.

I dont give any carrots, apple, or bananas since I home make their treats and the treats are made of one of those fruits.

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

Meadow gets two lettuce veggies every day. i alternate between endive, escarole, red leaf, romaine.

she gets an herb every day, either (curly or flat) parsley or cilantro.

i usually give her a 4th item daily as well… this is kind of her “wild card” veggie and can be anything that is on the approved list… what i’ve tried that she loves: carrot tops, collards, dandelion greens, mustard greens, radicchio, radish tops, spinach (but in very small amounts), swiss chard, and WATERCRESS <—– she adores watercress!

i rarely ever give treats… my hubby gives too many. he gives raisins and papaya tablets like they’re going out of style… as much as i tell him not to, he won’t listen.

she gets unlimited tim hay and right now she is getting 1/3 cup of tim pellets… i am going to be reducing that a bit more over the next month…

• Sage Cat
                Participant
                1883 posts Send Private Message

For their dinner salad my little buns get 2 leafy greens and 2 crunchy veggies.

For the leafy: either parsley or cilantro & I also alternate between bok choy, red leaf, romaine, chard etc.
                  The crunches changes a lot, usually what ever I’m having: turnips, bell peppers, snow peas, bok choy. Sometimes a little radish, broccoli or brussel sprout which they love but are on the “gassy” list.

My husband makes fun of me when I try out new veggies on the buns and they wont touch it. “See, they don’t like it ether!”

Treats are small pieces of fruit. They each get a papaya tablet in the morning (from me) and in the evening (from J).

• tobyluv
                  Participant
                  3310 posts Send Private Message

The veggies that my rabbits get are kale, cilantro, parsley, dandelion greens, carrot tops, carrots, broccoli, turnip greens, Brussels sprouts and cabbage.  They don’t get all of these every day, but they get at least 4 veggies a day.  I always have kale, parsley and cilantro to give them.  I grow dandelion greens and carrot tops for them, which I have now, so they are getting those too at the moment.  On occasion, they may have some other veggies too, like Swiss chard, collards, mint, lemon balm or other herbs.

They also get some fruit in the morning–a little apple and banana, and they might have pear or strawberries or whatever fruit is in season.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE What Veggies do you feed daily?