Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE What Should I do?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • Floppy
      Participant
      490 posts Send Private Message

Floppy recently started having some tummy issues… he was acting like

himself and eating and drinking normally… but then I left him for one night

with all his food and water and when I came back the next evening (longer than

i’ve ever left him) it seemed like it had gotten worse…Today he is eating normal,

eating his greens and hay but he isnt eating as much of the pellets like he normally

does and I dont think he is drinking as much water…he isn’t acting like his normal

self and his stomach does these loud gurgly noises…oh and his poo some times

it comes out normal and now soiid but sometimes there are larger ones and other

times they are soft…whats going on?

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

Floppy, it is hard to say exactly what is going on but loud gurgling noises say to me there is something wrong with his stomach. What did the vet say about it? If you have not been to a vet I would definately take him in and have him examined. Have you tried eliminating all of his greens? He may be sensitive to one of them and how many treats is he getting now? Some bunnies can react this way from too many.

• Gravehearted
          Participant
          2428 posts Send Private Message

It sounds like his stomach isn’t happy, I really would recommend getting into the vet to help figure out what’s going on.

• Floppy
            Participant

Alright, so Floppy has been having diarrhea on and off…I called Adobe Pet Hospital
              in Los Altos to see what they had to say…even though I have a vet already I just
              wanted to give them a call to see how friendly they were and although I still might
              try them in the future the vet tech on the phone wasn’t exactly friendly. I hate
              asking questions and getting (what I call ) "DUH" answers. So I decided to call up
              Floppys regular vet and schedule an appt with him for Thursday morning. He is eating
              normal and drinking normal now…( I was excited when I got home to see lots of
              very normal poop and also the water bottle looks like its a lot lower than when I left.)
              I am still going to take him in and I am listening closely to his tummy to hear for
              any more rumbling noises. I read that Rabbits get gas also…anyway I hope that he is
              ok…since I lost my baby lab/german this year after 13 wondefhul years and the thought
              of something awful happening to my other baby really scares me. I will keep you guys
              updated on what the vet has to say, if you guys have any questions you think I should
              ask the vet since for some reason vets like to talk to me like I am 12. WHICH I AM NOT!
              *sigh* the reception girl said he isnt eating to bring him in sooner but he is eating like
              champ still!

• Floppy
              Participant

Little Update:

Ok! Kind of good news, Floppy spirits seem to be better now. He is doing his

running fast / binky thing. When I saw it I was soooooo HAPPY! Here are some

pics of him eating mainly its to show his poos…LOL I know I know but again we

are obsessed with the poos. I like these cause they look healthy and normal!

I cleaned those up afterwards of course!

Ones that were left around the floor. looking good and normal!!!

• xirishsweetheartx
                Participant
                70 posts Send Private Message

I’m so happy to hear that he is doing well. And his poo does look heathly. He’s such a little cutie.

• Floppy
                  Participant

I saw him drinking some water!
                    I can sleep now that I have witnessed it!
                    It’s pouring rain over here…I love listening to the sound of rain!

• Floppy
                    Participant

Floppy seems totally normal and fine now, I am wondering if I should cancel the
                      date with the doctor? But then again I am a freaked out bunny mom so i thought I
                      should just bring him in just in case …what do you guys think?

• Gravehearted
                      Participant
                      2428 posts Send Private Message

only bunny parents get excited about healthy poops to post pics, he he!
                        Hmm – well when was the last time he went into the vet, is he due for an exam?
                        I’m not sure if it were me, if I’d keep the appointment, but it may not be a bad idea to have him checked over to see if anything is going on healthwise.

• Scarlet_Rose
                        Participant

I’m glad he’s doing well Floppy! I too would still keep the appointment, especially if they hadn’t had the annual check up. Did anything change recently like a time schedule or something?  Sometimes that can cause a bunny to have an upset as well (stress). Be sure to take in some droppings for the vet to test (they need to be fresh). Hopefully they will check for a healthy balance of bacteria.

• Floppy
                          Participant

So Floppy is back to his normal self, although I am not sure if its just me
                            but I still wish he was drinking more water. no more loud noises are coming from
                            his stomach but I think I will be taking him in to see the vet anyway tomorrow. He
                            also had his annual exam in July, which is kind of why I am hesitating to taking him
                            because like I said he seems just fine to me. anyway I’ll update you guys.

• Scarlet_Rose
                            Participant

I’m glad he is OK and back to his normal self.  With the drinking water, does he have a water bottle or dish? Is the water bottle functioning alright?

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE What Should I do?