Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A What should I do?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • HoppyGirl2
      Participant
      4 posts Send Private Message

Hello everyone!

I am new here, and I have a problem.

My neighbor had these three rabbits, that she decided she couldn’t care for. She said that she couldn’t care for them, and was going to put them to the pound, so in a moment of weakness, I took them in.

Since I have slippery wooden floors they cannot free-roam. I am trying to give them the best of a life that I can, but it is hard from my situation. My options are limited, for I have cats and a dog in my house, so I don’t have that many rooms to put them in. Currently, they are in the only room I have available indoors. Sadly, they are in cages, for I just have mats in this room to cover the slippery floors, and they are not bonded. (I am currently working on their bonding, and I have hopes that they will soon be bonded)

I would like this room to still feel like a room while they are in it. I use this room a lot, and with them in it, I can’t get to a lot of my stuff. I let them out when I am in there, but when I do, they always go under my furniture, and behind little corners, which I would strongly prefer this behavior to stop. They chew on my stuff as well; I have removed most of the things they have attacked, but I don’t want to get rid of the rug they’ve started attacking.

My goal is for us to both use this room to our enjoyments.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and have a wonderful rest of your day.

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

Thank you for rescuing them!

If you are planning to keep them all, and want this room to be more livable long term, there are lots of bunny-proofing types in the “Bunny Info” section at the top of the page. “NIC” cube storage grids are especially useful for blocking access to areas and for making temporary housing that could be reconfigured later when they are bonded. Putting down some cardboard might help give them something to chew other than the rug, even though it isn’t the most aesthetically pleasing thing. Cardboard cat scratchers have worked wonders for mine.

There are also these finer mesh grids that can be used as “nose guards” for separating bunnies, I posted about them here: https://binkybunny.com/forums/topic/nose-guards/

Do you know if they buns are spayed/neutered?

Finally, if you decide you aren’t able to keep some of them, there are some tips for rehoming on the HRS website: https://rabbit.org/articles/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Rehome-handout.pdf

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• HoppyGirl2
          Participant
          4 posts Send Private Message

Hi again!

I wanted to update you on our progress. I moved them out of the room they were in before and into a new one. In this new one I was aware in advance of the bunny proofing that needed to be done, so it is much more bunny friendly. Plus, they are all bonded now, making the switch much easier. They are mostly free-roam now, although I do like to be home when they are out. They are all spayed/neutered too.

Thank you for all of the help you have provided, you helped me tenfold.

• DanaNM
            8930 posts Send Private Message

Wonderful, thanks for the update! 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Moonlightbunny66
              Participant
              694 posts Send Private Message

It’s so sweet that you took them in! Have you been able to get them vet check ups yet? Are you a new bunny owner? 😀 Wishing you the best!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A What should I do?