Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A What shag?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • angelicvampyre
      Participant
      754 posts Send Private Message

Ok I have wooden floors in my room and at the moment Bugz is not having an issue as there are unpolished and he can get a grip on them.  However after we polish them he is going to have an issue.  What I wanted to know is what carpet or rug would people recommend?  Is there a pile or a type that is wrong?  I figure the really deep ones he might chew and the loppy ones he might get his nails stuck in, any suggestions?

• Adalaide
        Participant
        433 posts Send Private Message

Freya chewed a hole in our linoleum in our bathroom… I’m not sure any carpet is bunny safe after that lol.

• Barbie
          Participant
          1581 posts Send Private Message

Are you looking to get actual carpet in the room to cover the wood floors or are you looking for just something to lay down around the room to help Bugz keep from slipping all over?

I agree, the really deep carpets would be pretty enticing for the carpet chewers and the ones with loops probably would catch (and possibly tear) and bunny’s nails if he’s zipping around doing the bunny 500.

If you’re looking for just some rugs, you could try the grass mats, those are safe for bunnies to chew – though I don’t know how scratchy they are, the might scratch up the wood finish. Leroy likes the bath mats I have in my bathroom, just the plain rubber backed, fuzzy rugs that you can get at Walmart. The pile isn’t very deep, and Leroy has always left them alone. Or you could try some rag rugs, those always look nice – very homey =)

• angelicvampyre
            Participant

Oh I might try the grass mats as it is just to go on the center section of my room

• Sage Cat
              Participant
              1883 posts Send Private Message

I would look into a cotton rag rug – they come in lots of sizes, colors, shapes. And if bunny nibbles – it is just cotton.
                You can often find them at places like Target for reasonable prices.
                Depending on the size you can throw them in the washing machine!

• angelicvampyre
                Participant

thanks sage cat will have a look for one of them

• Lisa27
                  Participant
                  48 posts Send Private Message

I wouldn’t get anything expensive. Maybe a sisel rug or something grassy. Spencer stays in my daughter’s bedroom, which is wall-to-wall carpet. Needlesstosay, we have problems with him chewing holes in the carpet. I cover the areas he has grown fond of, to then find him in a new spot. I can’t win!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant
                    12067 posts Send Private Message

I would suggest *not* burber. I had that in my old apartment and it whispers to rabbits ‘chew me…”

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A What shag?