Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING What next?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Jessica
      Participant
      349 posts Send Private Message

We have had Mochi for a bit over a week now and he and Amelia are getting along great. Right now they each have their own cage where they can see each other, but not next to each other since Mochi is not neutered yet. At first he was spraying Amelia whenever he would get excited, but that has pretty much stopped. They visit each other numerous times each day, and Mochi is always grooming Amelia through the cage or xpen. When Amelia is getting run time in the living room and dining room first thing she does is greet Mochi at the xpen and hangs out with him before running then flips out next to him. He does the same when he’s running he immediately greets her grooms her, and will flop against her while she’s in her cage. We are at a point now that either bun is anxious if they can’t get to the other. Amelia is trying to dig to china if she and Mochi are both locked up and Mochi is trying to move his X pen to get to her and pacing by its door. As long as one is out they are both very calm. They woke me up at about 6am this morning trying to move the xpen or by digging and throwing everything in the cage. Mochi just sits by the door to my studio if Amelia is in there with me.

Should I move her cage right next to his? Should I let them meet I. Neutral territory even though they are already sharing the same free run space, just a different times?

I’m concerned since he’s not neutered yet, his appointment is 5/9. I’m also worried about how upset they are getting when they are not together.

Help please ? Thanks everyone

• Mikey
        Participant
        3186 posts Send Private Message

You cant do anything 100 percent safely until a month after Mochi is neutered

• Jessica
          Participant
          349 posts Send Private Message

I know ?

I just feel for them they want to be together so badly. I moved her crate right next to his xpen so that they can be together more. Since I did that they are both much calmer.

I was cuddling with Mochi this morning while Amelia was out running and she hopped up next to us on the couch and properly went back to binking. Sleep deprivation was clearly winning because I didn’t even realize what I was doing until after she jumped down. Luckily neither bun cared at all. I think spending the night close to each other helped ?

• sarahthegemini
            Participant
            5584 posts Send Private Message

I don’t think you should let them meet. I know it seems to be going well between them but you don’t want to get too excited and risk putting them together and a tiff occurring. If anything, it’ll just shatter your confidence. Time will fly by anyway

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING What next?