Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR What makes your bunny binky?

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
    • Emmatrue
      Participant
      20 posts Send Private Message

Tonight I just figured out what makes my bunny binky! Besides the spontaneous ones, she binkies when I tap her on the nose lightly. 

What makes your bunny binky? 

• TaraMichele
        Participant
        285 posts Send Private Message

Everything! lol I say “whos a crazy bunny” he binkies! he also likes kisses on the head

• Kate Monster
          Participant
          550 posts Send Private Message

Kate head binkies for papaya. When she wants some, when she thinks she’s going to get some, once she’s actually gotten some. She’s a fiend. I have no idea what inspires Spencer, he’s very random about it as far as I can tell. But freshly trimmed toenails inspire extra binkies over the next couple days.

• Silly Sungura
            Participant
            451 posts Send Private Message

She’s pretty random about it. However, she usually binkies when my husband enters the room, or whenever we reach out to pet her, and when she sees me getting her pellets and hay ready for the night. Also, if she’s been working on one of her little projects and gets the results she was intending, she will jump for joy. It’s the cutest thing.

• Joyfull_music
              Participant
              506 posts Send Private Message

No joke: causing trouble. When ever she gets into something she is not supposed to. We shoo her out and have a few moments of foot flicking and ear shaking. Then she will zoom and binky around.

• Silly Sungura
                Participant
                451 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Joyfull_music on 05/20/2011 09:25 AM
                  No joke: causing trouble. When ever she gets into something she is not supposed to. We shoo her out and have a few moments of foot flicking and ear shaking. Then she will zoom and binky around.

Hodari does this too, without the foot flicking. I can tell she has a sense of humor because as soon as I tell her “no”, she takes off binkying and, I swear, she looks so mirthful. I actually enjoy scolding her a little bit.

• LoveChaCha
                  Participant
                  6634 posts Send Private Message

The nighttime, when slave is supposed to be asleep.

• Lagomorphic
                    Participant
                    94 posts Send Private Message

Food, more hay, getting in trouble, when I walk into the room, when I say things like “is a bunny gonna dance?” in a certain tone of voice. Actually, there are a lot of things I can say in that tone that will result in binkies: “who’s ready for some more hay?” “silly bunny!” “you’re a silly boy/girl” “what are you dooooiiiinnnggg??” “a bunny on a couch!”

• Elrohwen
                      Participant
                      7318 posts Send Private Message

Hannah head-binkies when it’s time for food most days. Especially if I hold the food dishes and don’t put them down right away, she gets so excited that she can’t contain herself. Haha.

Otto just binkies in the evening when he feels like it. He’s lazy, so we usually don’t get many out of him. Hannah prefers to run circles around their pen really fast in the evenings (especially when I take out the maze to give her more room).

• Kate Monster
                        Participant

Lago, “a bunny on a couch!” somehow reminds of Monty Python, “a Scotsman on a horse”.
                          Elrohwen, If I don’t put food down right away Spencer billy goat head rams, and occassionally nibbles, me. He’s very hungry, all of the time.

• Lagomorphic
                          Participant
                          94 posts Send Private Message

@Kate Monster Haha! Well, it usually *is* Alex on the couch. But he just goes crazy binky-ing and then asks for pets when I say that.

• Lani
                            Participant
                            305 posts Send Private Message

Aww that is so cute how your bunnies will binky when you say certain things to them!! Oreo is a very private binky-er, she doesn’t like to be watched. Her room is just down the hall from mine so I’ll hear her going nuts in her room and get up to look and she’ll immediately stop. When she realizes I saw her, she always has this embarassed look, it reminds me of the look of a teenage girl who just got caught singing into her hairbrush  But as soon as I turn and walk away, she’ll go back to zooming and binkies again. Wierdo bunny

• Elrohwen
                              Participant
                              7318 posts Send Private Message

It’s so funny how they go nuts binkying, then immediately stop and sniff the ground and act all nonchalant like “Oh, I’m just looking around for dropped food … nothing to see here … “

• mossling
                                Participant
                                229 posts Send Private Message

rue’s not big on binkies, just one or two when he’s first let out of his cage. puppet binkies when i say his name in a certain funny voice. he also binkies to get the cat to play with him. it’s like he’s saying, “hey, fuzzface! betcha can’t catch me!”

• Kate Monster
                                  Participant

When Kate starts being all nuts doing zooms and binkies all over, Spencer will stop her by licking her face. It’s like he’s saying, “Hey, calm down!” Sometimes she does, and sometimes she leaps over him.

• Juli
                                    Participant
                                    115 posts Send Private Message

When i show Dakota a bag of treats she binkies. Also when i give her a treat or food or a toy. She also binkies when i take her out of her cage.

• cactuspancake
                                      Participant
                                      536 posts Send Private Message

Franz binkies when I’m done vacuuming his room or changing his litter! He’s like “than you!” <3

• Huckleberry
                                        Participant
                                        972 posts Send Private Message

Huckleberry is a grumpy bunny so binkies are seldom.
                                          She does head binkies when its dinner time, she also races over to me but I guess she loses focus when she gets too close because she always runs right into my leg and stumbles back a little.
                                          After I have opened her door in the morning, she waits and waits, and finally, after she feels we, her fawning fans, have waited long enough for her, she flies into the living room like a superstar. We, of course, yell and squee “HUCKLEBERRY!!!!!”
                                          Around 3AM, when I am still plunking away at the computer, she will binky around just for fun.

• AJ
                                          Participant
                                          14 posts Send Private Message

Jett is not big on the binkies. He does get happy, and hop around more than usual, but he only clicks his back feet once in a while.

I know he is happy when he circles my chair, jumps over my feet, then flops down to rest near enough to see where I go.

• Monkeybun
                                            Participant
                                            10479 posts Send Private Message

Squirrel is a binky machine. If he isn’t sleeping or eating, he is binkying. He adores having us humans around, so it constantly doing his happy dances. He’s tons of fun

Monkey binkies for food, and when she is out to play. She loves racing across the apartment, then leaping in the air when she almost reaches the other end

Moose binkies in the living room, and for pellets. And then he gets embarrassed and hides. Dork.

Smudge… she’s not as much of a binkyer. She does them occasionally, but not often.

• brittbritt
                                              Participant
                                              542 posts Send Private Message

Gabby gets excited when my daughter rolls out her cheerleading practice mat. It’s kind of springy and cushiony. She doesn’t binky in the living room unless the mat is rolled out. It’s always covered in hair as Gabby plops out on it to sleep after a binkyfest. Then my dogs and cat lay on it to sleep too.

• NB
                                                Participant
                                                1 posts Send Private Message

Kiki gets pinky randomly but if i play some music she will binky along to it!

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                              • The topic ‘What makes your bunny binky?’ is closed to new replies.

Forum BEHAVIOR What makes your bunny binky?