Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A What kind of bunny is Hammer?

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLiz
      Participant
      1212 posts Send Private Message

I was wondering what type of bunny Hammer is so ill know about how big he will be. The breeder said “big” when i saved him from the mean old non bunny lover breeder man. He had little guys and giants and said none were pure anything. I obviously dont really care if he is pure anything or is just a mix of everything. It would just be nice to have an idea of what he is. Any ideas? size? Someone (MM maybe?) said something about maybe pala- something or another lol.  If so whats that? Thanks and sorry for all the pics, i cant pick my favorites lol

192492421271.jpg
        192492460254.jpg
        192492494658.jpg
        192492532129.jpg
        192492569631.jpg

• BunnyLiz
        Participant

• BunnyLiz
          Participant

How do i get text between the pics? i wanted to say i know hammers head is cut off in the one of his tummy lol. i just wanted you to see the different coloring lol

MM- if you get inspired i would love to have some sub titles things lol, if you dont mind of course

Oh yea- he is three months

• MarkBun
            Participant
            2842 posts Send Private Message

lookin’ at his feet, I would say that he is some sort of dwarf breed. Exactly which though, I couldn’t tell you. Like many bunnies, mine included, he’s probably a bit of a mutt.

• BunnyLiz
              Participant

the breeder said probably 8 to 10 pounds.. but i wouldnt trust him..

• linda
                Participant
                16 posts Send Private Message

He is so beautiful and lucky to have you.

• MimzMum
                  Participant
                  8029 posts Send Private Message

Hi Liz! Well I’m no expert, but I think he might be the palomino, (he’s got that lovely white tummy and tan topcoat) which was originally bred for consumption (yuck! explains the breeder’s quote of 8-10 lbs.) and if he is a dwarf as Markus supposed, he shouldn’t get to more than 5 lbs. I think?

I Googled palomino rabbit and got this, plus a Wikipedia list of breeds.

http://www.google.com/search?q=palomino+rabbit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
                    http://www.rabbitandcavydirectory.com/breed_gallery/Palomino.htm
                    http://www.centralpets.com/animals/mammals/rabbits/rbt1469.html
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rabbit_breeds

At least the breeder wasn’t telling you he was a pure Flemish Giant, those suckers get to 14 + lbs. ^_^ Lovely bunnies, but quite a hand-erm-armful! I hope you have lots of room if he is a cross-breed.
                    If he’s three months, can you maybe give us an idea of his body length? I don’t know when bunnies really stop growing…I thought Pip was almost full grown when we got her-she was the size of my Holland lop, Mimzy then…but she HAS gotten longer and more portly in just the last few months.

Love the pictures! ^_^ Many bunny pix are always welcome. (Geez, just take a look at a few of my threads! lolz!)
                    I will copy them down and try to caption a few of them for you, and I’ll either put them back in this thread or make a special one in the Lounge.

• BunnyLiz
                    Participant

Thanks MM! im always so jealous of all the other pics you do lolz

• jerseygirl
                      22345 posts Send Private Message

I agree, a palamino from his colouring but easily could be mixed with something else which may effect his final size.

Hope you don’t mind me butting in with caption attempt! Just thought of these when I saw the pics.  Pretty lame, plus I don’t have compostions skills of MM or Rabbitpam!

192465889171.GIF

• bunnytowne
                        Participant
                        7537 posts Send Private Message

I am going with palomino or mix of flemmish giant. Maybe. The size of his ears makes me think he is not a dwarf. However if he is a flemmish giant mix he would have huge hind feet. They don’t seem to be huge to me.  Interesting I would like to know for sure too. Hmmm. He sure is a cute little rascal.

• BunnyLiz
                          Participant

Jersey girl- of course i dont mind but… i dont see the pics lol am i reading it wrong?

• jerseygirl

No that was me trying to edit!! I couldn’t get it all compact enough but they should be back there in my 1st post.

• MooBunnay
                              Participant
                              3087 posts Send Private Message

Ahahahaha I love those captions! & he is adorable!

From the baby pics, it looks like your bun has pretty big ears, so thats probably an indication that he is NOT a netherland dwarf, so that rules out him being tiny….but other than that I’m not sure! The good news is that the bigger bunnies are also the more calm and chilled out bunnies, so you’ve probably got a good snuggly companion there

• MimzMum
                                Participant

Inspiration is sometimes slow, but mine finally caught the bus….

Enjoy!

(lolz, loved yours btw, jerseygirl!)

192293236278.jpg
                                  19229323942.jpg
                                  192293242577.jpg
                                  192293245682.jpg
                                  192293247271.jpg

• MimzMum
                                  Participant

Whoops…almost forgot the last ones….

192334927571.jpg
                                    192402372354.jpg

• Beka27
                                    Participant
                                    16016 posts Send Private Message

not sure what he is, but he is adorable!!!

• jerseygirl

MimzMum – you are the master! Loved the 4th!!  I couldn’t come up with anything for all the others! You 2nd language is Bunny isn’t it!

Oooh! Just got struck by that Inspiration Bus!  I’ll be back……..

• jerseygirl

Harking way back to the ’80’s/’90’s here!  That Tummy shot was callinig – this is supposed to look like an album cover.

19234735671.gif

• MimzMum
                                          Participant

Teehee…cute! I was going to ask Liz if that’s how he got his name. (Can you just imagine him doing the “Running Bun”?)

BTW, Liz, is there a story behind Hammer’s name? I think a lot of us have stories to tell about how we named our animal companions.

• Deleted User
                                            Participant
                                            22064 posts Send Private Message

Comic strip here … errr you girls are so funny

OH gorgeous bun by the way.

• kimberleyanddarren
                                              Participant
                                              2520 posts Send Private Message

haha i love those pics!

• laylalover
                                                Participant
                                                52 posts Send Private Message

Ok, he is seriously gorgeous!!! what kind of personality does he have?

• BunnyLiz
                                                  Participant

thanks so much guys! he didnt get his name for the belly shot lol but thats pretty funny lolz. thanks jerseygirl and MM for getting on that creative bus! ill really enjoy my new pics. Hammer got his name for two reasons. One, the day he got home, he cuddled up with and chewed (i didnt let him chew much though) on a hammer lol. second is when he ran around and did binkies, i had no idea what they were so i called them hammers. since his little feet thumped like hammers. Decided to use that cus i thought it was cute! Hammer is very curious and is an explorer. not much of a jumper, but a cuddle bunny with a book. we are starting to see eye to eye, but he still has his moments lol. LOVES carpet and oxbow hay… and the cats lol. sometimes the dogs too

And he can always sense when im gonna be late for school! so he hides under my bed where i cant get him! grr…. just one of his moments

• Alicia Conklin
                                                    Participant
                                                    721 posts Send Private Message

Are there dwarfs that don’t have short ears?  Tucker is supposedly a dwarf, but she’s definitely not a netherland dwarf and I haven’t heard of any other kinds.  She’s got bigger ears but not as big as Hammer’s!! 

Hammer is gorgeous BTW, whatever breed he might be   I love his coloring. 

• JK
                                                      Participant
                                                      2223 posts Send Private Message

Hammer is so adorable!!!! Yeah Mimz and rabbitpam are the expert caption people on this site!  They did a number on my rabbit too! So clever those girls.

• bunnytowne
                                                        Participant
                                                        7537 posts Send Private Message

Love the captions. HIilarious. good work.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                          Participant
                                                          12067 posts Send Private Message

That is such a cute story about how he got his name!! That’s how kokanee got her name, and I believe Markus let Maryann pick her own name by chewing on a peice of paper (each paper had a diff name on it, the first one she chewed was the name she picked) Very cute when they make their own names

• skunklionshow
                                                            Participant
                                                            1257 posts Send Private Message

Sooo cute!  Awesome captions.  I wish I was half as clever.

Viewing 27 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A What kind of bunny is Hammer?