Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE what kind of bedding do you use?

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • Pancake
      Participant
      90 posts Send Private Message

I would kinda like to know what kind of bedding people use.  I thought it would be interesting.  I ust just small animal bedding that it says on the package there are no wood shavings,  It works really well it’s nice and absorbent.

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

If you get your bunny litter box trained you will not need to use bedding and it is so much easier to clean if they use a litterbox than using bedding all over the cage.

How old is Pancake?

• Floppy
          Participant
          490 posts Send Private Message

yeah I just have a grass mat for Floppy to lay on if he likes, and also I put in a small blanky
            for him to use or play with, otherwise he just uses his litterbox and the only mess there is
            is the grass he pulls out of his pail.

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

Meadow is littertrained, so in her cage there is no bedding, but in her litterbox we use the pressed paper pellets, i think it’s the generic store brand, i don’t remember what it’s called off the top of my head.  it says to be great on odor control and i don’t have a problem with it at all.  of course, i also clean out her box every other day…  i put hay in her box when she was littertraining to help convince her to use it, but now that she’s an old pro   i just have her litter in there.

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

oh yeah… we get teh grass mats for Meadow too… but she kills ’em in about a week…  actually i have to stock up again… if you purchase them on some of the online sites, you get a discounted rate for ordering a bunch of ’em at once.

• wendyzski
                Participant
                1312 posts Send Private Message

Pepper is mostly free-run so we only use "bedding" in the litterbox.  She doesn’t even like rugs or towels, and seems to prefer to stretch out on the hardwood floor.

• Pancake
                  Participant
                  90 posts Send Private Message

lol yeah.

• MsBinky
                    Participant
                    62 posts Send Private Message

I only use litter in the litterboxes. I use Yesterday’s News (recycled paper compacted pellets).

• osprey
                      Participant
                      2065 posts Send Private Message

I use a mixture of Aspen Supreme and Cat Country in their litter boxes.  I sometimes use wood stove pellets if I can find them.

• BinkyBunny
                        8776 posts Send Private Message

I use carpet squares in their pen, (the sample squares from carpet stores) and I use blankets and fleece in their hidey boxes. In their litterboxes, I use Aspen Supreme and Yesterday’s News 50/50 mixture.
                          Check out the cool habitats section so you can see what people actually use. 

• Carolyn
                          Participant
                          95 posts Send Private Message

I like to use a big towel on the bottom of their cage so they don’t slip around too much, as well they are easy to clean. Plus the bunny’s seem to enjoy pushing it around the cage to were they like it to be, I also use yesturday news in there litter boxes.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                            Participant
                            12067 posts Send Private Message
                              Posted By BinkyBunny on 11/09/2007 10:00 PM

I use carpet squares in their pen, (the sample squares from carpet stores) and I use blankets and fleece in their hidey boxes. In their litterboxes, I use Aspen Supreme and Yesterday’s News 50/50 mixture.
                              Check out the cool habitats section so you can see what people actually use. 

What a great idea!!! Do you just go and ask for samples? My girls looove carpet, mostly for chewing! We have scratching posts for them, but I’m sure that they would love to lay on carpet in their room too!!

• Scarlet_Rose
                              Participant
                              4293 posts Send Private Message

K & K, often times if you go to a carpet outlet store they sell the sample pieces for like a dollar, they also sell remenant pieces (leftovers of regular carpet) in small pieces for a cheap price as well.  Carpet is OK so long as it is soft (not berber) and they don’t ingest it.  Another alternative is using a natural stone tile with the polished side down for traction, it also keeps a bunny cool as well.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                Participant
                                12067 posts Send Private Message

Thanks! I think I am going carpet shopping soon!
                                  I think it’s funny that they will eat carpet all day long, but turn their nose up at brussel sprouts or cabbage!

• BinkyBunny
                                  8776 posts Send Private Message

uh oh, well if your bunnies are carpet chewers, the carpet squares may not be the best.  Though I must say, Jack used to love to try and chew on this one area of our carpet, but he never chewed on the carpet squares (could have just been a funky scent or something on our regular carpet that he was trying to get at)

But either way, if your bunny ends up chewing up the carpet squares, then it looks like your back to square one    And will have to try other things.

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE what kind of bedding do you use?