Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE What grows FAST for bunny gardens?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • poopy
      Participant
      684 posts Send Private Message

I have a basil plant, which grows pretty fast. I planted cilantro and parsley like 2 months ago, and I still have’t been able to get a cutting from it. They are growing SO slow!

I want a FAST growing veggie or herb to put in my bunny garden so that I can cut it alot. Any suggestions?

• osprey
        Participant
        2065 posts Send Private Message

Mint grows really fast, and there are many different varieties to choose from.  Radishes grow pretty fast from seed, and lettuces grow fast in cool weather.  Spinach can be grown from seed pretty fast too.

• Gravehearted
          Participant
          2428 posts Send Private Message

hmm – parsley and dill grew pretty quickly for me too. but i usually start from plants and not seed.

• poopy
            Participant

Strange. I grew from seeds and the parsely took even longer than the cilantro….I think I planted in too shallow of a pot though. I just bought an herb pot from Trader Joe’s that has 3 types in it: rosemary, thyme, oregano. It says only to water once a week, weird.

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

What type of soil are you using and how wet are you keeping it? How often are you feeding them and what type of parsely is it?

• skunklionshow
                Participant
                1257 posts Send Private Message

I have a black thumb, but I have been successful w/ lavender!  The squirrels tend to eat most of my herbs so I don’t have such a great selection anymore.  I have tried to grow the herbs inside…but they don’t get enough sun in my apartment.

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                  Participant
                  2517 posts Send Private Message

My basil and Italian parsley are growing really well. Regular parsley isn’t doing as well.

Mint grows very easily and makes a good treat. It spreads like a weed and my bun loves it.

I’ve had terrible luck keeping cilantro alive, but i think it was because it was too hot outside.

I also grow little strawberries for Frankie as a treat and they seem to do well in most kinds of weather as long as they’re watered daily.

My rosemary plant is doing well too.

I definitely don’t have a green thumb, so I hope this helps (if I can keep them alive, you can!)

I’ve started a whole bunny-oriented garden, haha.

• poopy
                    Participant

So my cilantro grew to about 1.5 ft, and is flowering at top, but there’s not many cilantro leaves. It’s basically a very tall skinny plant, with no leaves, only flowers. Should I cut the flowers off to make the leaves grow?

Is it ok to feed the cilantro flowers to rabbits?

• Scarlet_Rose
                      Participant
                      4293 posts Send Private Message

Cilantro, like parsely and oregano needs to be cut back to encourage bushier and less gangly growth otherwise the stems mature and produce flowers and are a bit woody and not tender like the younger growth. I am not sure about the cilantro flowers.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE What grows FAST for bunny gardens?