Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS What does your bunny get busy with?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    • BinkyBunny
      8776 posts Send Private Message

Some like to explore boxes and tunnels.  Some prefer to chew on books, willow rings, cardboard etc.  Some like to toss and push things around.

What does your bunny get busy with?

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

A natural wicker laundry basket that I turn up-side down and cut larger holes at the handles for them to crawl in & out of.  Cheap, fun and they LOVE it!

• Anita Stark
          Participant
          194 posts Send Private Message

My bunny is a tosser and pusher.  Last night he was rolling the cardboard center from a roll of paper towel.  After he was finished punching his way out of the latest paper bag that is.

If only I had a camera..  Sable has one of those little plastic cat toy balls with a bell inside.  That’s another thing he likes to push around.  Last night my husband put the ball in a fresh paper lunch bag and placed it in the play pen.  Bunny went right into the bag, then the bag appeared to roll over a few times then … bam! out came the ball like he had thrown it.  It rolled for a few inches.  Meanwhile his butt was still sticking out the end of the bag.

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

How cute and what great stimulation for your bunny!

• Joanna Kwok
              Participant
              2 posts Send Private Message

My babies love seagrass mats. I love seagrass mats for them. They like to lie on the mats then chew and nibble on the material lazily. I prefer these seagrass mats from For All Living Things because the woven material does not fall apart so easily. BB ones would come off quite fast once the edges are chewed off.

However, having said that, that’s about all my babies do. *sigh* They have no life. Either that or they are already having The Life. I let them out for their exercise and all they do is dash to their respective spots and snooze. Again -.- Can you blame me for their being a little podgy then?

• Shannon Marcum
                Participant
                5 posts Send Private Message

All the buns have such different personalities here…lol

Arbez is the oldest out of them all. She’s perfectly happy as a lap bunny. She’s curious and likes to explore, but in the end is just happy being groomed and loved.

Gomi is Arbez daughter. She’s the Diva out of them all. She is my purse bunny and loves atention. She goes every where with me and just soakes up the attention of admirers..lol If she doesn’t have you’re atention she will post and thump and grunt until you look at her. She loves her balls. I buy sisal balls and the cat balls with the bells in them for her and she’s always seeing what new and interesting ways she can make noise with them. She’s also my fabric bunny. She has a old shirt of mine that NO ONE is allowd to touch. She is a therapy rabbit and very good at what she does.

Hoshiro is my little freak. He’s not real social. He likes to be scratched on the nose here and there but it has to be on his terms. His favorite thing to do is tip his box over on it’s side and squish himself inbetween the cage and the box… I don’t know why he just does it.

Lord SumerIsle is another bun that is happy being in your lap and being groomed. I have to watch him though because he’s a HUGE bully. He’s always chasing the dog (bella) around and bitting her for her place.

Snake Food dosn’t like to be pet, won’t let anyone pick her up, and is EXTREEMALLY cage agressive. She was a rescue and she is perfectly fine in her cage without human interaction. I had to attach her feeder on the outside of her cage because she’s just so agressive. Durring the winter she opened her cage and got out… She was a better watch dog than the dog..lol She would wait until you got in the fence and attack your ankles…

Oni Guru is my newest baby. She’s bunking with Gomi right now and they seem to like eachother. She’s only 7 weeks right now and so is really just defining herself. I put her in with Gomi because she is also going into the therapy field and I’m hoping her personality will settle with a more mature and calm rabbit. She a swimmer. She likes to lay in the watter crock and chew on the boxes I put in for them.

• BinkyBunny

Bitbitster –

Aw. Such a hard life!  My bunnies love those seagrass mats too.

Do they like to explore at all?    Cardboard tubes are a favorite for many rabbits.  We usually get our tubes from Home Depot (or a construction, home builder type store)

They are the cardboard tubes that are used to pour cement – I usually get a six foot length for about 8 dollars.

• BinkyBunny

Teakietot– LOL!  What a motley crew!  I always tell people how unique each bunny is.   People who have not been around rabbits are surprised about this.

It is wonderful that you love even your aggressive bunnies.   I also have a special place for them too.

Rucy was considered an “attack bunny” when she was first rescued.    She is very independent.  Even when I adopted her, she would  bite and box when I’d reach into her cage, but now she only boxes when she wants to be left alone.  Rucy also doesn’t like me to mess with stuff in her cage, but she  can be consoled with affection.

Jack used to scare all the volunteers at the rabbit rescue and was even considered to be put in a rabbit sanctuary, but actually with him, I knew he really wasn’t all that aggressive.  He had just learned this behavior because he was scared.   Now he is a cuddly bun, but if he doesn’t know you, he’ll growl and charge.

So what do you do with your therapy bunny?   It sounds interesting.

• Lucy
                      Participant
                      370 posts Send Private Message

Well, fujoe loves his cardboard tunnels. . .I get boxes from startbucks, cut holes in them and lay them around the apartment. But what he does the most is pick things up and drops them. SO he has a set of baby keys that he’ll play with a lot, wooden chopsticks, and popsicle sticks. When he sees something new on the floor he’ll go and try to pick it up. It’s really cute and compulsive

• BinkyBunny

Sounds soooo cute.   You should take pictures of this.  I’ll post them in the gallery in the “Playtime” section.

• Kim Stewart
                          Participant
                            Posted By anitastark on 06/23/2006 12:01 PM
                            My bunny is a tosser and pusher.  Last night he was rolling the cardboard center from a roll of paper towel.  After he was finished punching his way out of the latest paper bag that is.

My bunny does the same thing, it’s so adorable.

• Faye Perry
                            Participant
                            114 posts Send Private Message

We left one of those metal alan keys (that comes with new settee’s to attach the legs) on the floor and Mable just can’t go past it without picking it up and putting down.  She picks it up on one side and then put its down on the other.. then does it again and again from side to side! its so funny, she likes it even better if its on the fire place as it makes a right racket – over and over and over!!  Crazy lady

Booboo is jusy happy climbing on everything and trying to escape!

• Gravehearted
                              Participant
                              2428 posts Send Private Message
                                Posted By bunnybabe on 08/18/2006 3:33 AM

We left one of those metal alan keys (that comes with new settee’s to attach the legs) on the floor and Mable just can’t go past it without picking it up and putting down.  She picks it up on one side and then put its down on the other.. then does it again and again from side to side! its so funny, she likes it even better if its on the fire place as it makes a right racket – over and over and over!!  Crazy lady

how cute!!   that’s so funny!

• dmh426
                                Participant
                                433 posts Send Private Message

Sophie has an old tshirt of mine that she pulls, pushes and she’s basically a “reorganizer”. She just likes to rearrange. She’s silly.

• lilmizzsnickerz
                                  Participant
                                  318 posts Send Private Message

welll my domino got some seed thingy from my freind its for rabbits and i hanged it in his cage hes been nibbling at it i dont know if its good for him or not ill have to find out but apart from that he plays with keys boxes my shoes loo rolls lol

• Rathari
                                    Participant

Hehe. I must say that my rabbit has to be a digger, part-time tosser and a chewer. He seems to just love to go at it with a blanket, or for tossing, a toy plastic cup. Paper is a frequent in his diet, to my dislike, since he can’t seem to resist trying to pull a ninja on me and silently dragging a paper off the table near his favorite chair in the back room. The livingroom rug has also felt his wrath…

• Hedi
                                      Participant
                                      969 posts Send Private Message

My Carrera has a sense of humor. Anytime we leave glasses (whether empty or full) or water bottles on the floor she goes running by and knocks them over with her nose. If they are kinda full and heavy it may take a few nose pokes but she gets them and then runs away. She waits for you to sit it upright again and will do this over and over.. She also loves her blankies to play with and her TP rolls. And any paper she can find!

Pookie is skiddish. She is so fast she is gone and you never see her leave! The only time she wants love is when she is sitting at the top of our stairs. Then you can kiss and love on her for as long as she allows and then thats it. Pookie loves lounging in the "community litterbox" that is in the floor in the bunny room for all to use. She loves to lay with her little face resting on the rim.

Cooper is new but he is a lap bunny. When I bring him downstairs he circles and circles me. Climbs in my lap and follows me around. Hates for me to be out of his sight. If I go in the kitchen thats blocked off he sits by the little barrier we have and waits patiently until I come out. I am thinking he will be a great bunny to use for rabbit education like in schools.

I have also noticed recently that ALL my buns have a thing for our curtains that hit the floor. They love to run thru them and touch them and play in them. So cute.

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS What does your bunny get busy with?