Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR What does this sound mean??

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • shayd
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

I am a new bunny owner. I’ve only had him for 2 weeks. I think he’s about 2 years old. He started doing this noise like 2 days ago. He only does it when he’s approaching me, no one else.

He literally jumped up from being asleep (front and hind legs out), ran over to me, and did this. I kind of think it’s related to getting treats?? We gave him a new treat 2 days ago and shortly after that was the first time I heard it. and it seems like he starts doing it after we give him one, although this particular time it had been about an hour since he had one. It also seems like he does it more at night (but that could also be because my kids are asleep so I can hear it better and pay attention to him more).  It’s like a buzzing and clicking noise- see video.

IMG_0706 (1)

• Bam
        16838 posts Send Private Message

My bun Vilde did this sound when he was excited. He’d come running through the room, buzzing like a little fluffy bee 🙂 He was a very vocal bun. He wasnt neutered, but my neutered girl bun Snöa does this sound also, although softer, esp when she circles my feet in the hopes of getting a treat.

In an intact bun this sound can be related to courtship. But since neutered buns also make it, I’d say it’s about general excitement. It’s adorable!

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR What does this sound mean??