Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A what does teeth grinding sound like

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ang
      Participant
      257 posts Send Private Message

Hello everyone,

what does it sound like if a rabbit grinds its teeth in pain?  could i feel it if i had my hand on my rabbits face?

i heard a noise in morelands room sounded weird like my cat was clawing something.  but i know for a fact it wasnt because it was right next to me in the rabbit room.  didnt sound at all like teeth grinding but maybe im wrong? i had my hand on moreland petting him then held it on his face and he felt as normal as could be.

almost sounded like it was coming from underthe sub floor

• Cassi&Charlie
        Participant
        1260 posts Send Private Message

Teeth grinding is really really loud when it’s because of pain. Usually, if the bunny is hunched over, in a corner and grinding their teeth I would say it’s in pain. Also, if youhad to put your hand on his head to feel it, I would think it’s not pain teeth grinding because it wouldn’t be loud enough. Although if he was in pain, and you started petting him he might have felt reassured & stopped doing it for a while.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
          Participant
          12067 posts Send Private Message

C&C ‘s right their would likely be more indicators of pain, like being haunched over, hiding, acting unusual etc. Tooth grinding for pain would also be louder then happy grinding.

• skunklionshow
            Participant
            1257 posts Send Private Message

For Leo, I can see him grind his teeth.  It looks & sounds like he is eating pellets, but no pellets.  The vet & I determined that Leo’s teeth grinding is a happy comfort thing for him, not pain. 

• peepi&warri
              Participant
              238 posts Send Private Message

My Warri will click his front teeth really loudly when he’s happy. He only does it when he’s laying down and cozy, so I know it’s not because of pain.

• Quantum
                Participant
                286 posts Send Private Message

Quantum’s the same as Warri–“clickety-clickety-click!” and it’s always when she’s “puddling”.

• BinkyBunny
                  8776 posts Send Private Message

hmmm. Well sure is hard to tell exactly – just keep an eye on him to make sure it is an indication of happiness and not pain.

Quantum – you said that your bunny does this when she is urinating…does she seem in pain when she urinates. I mean it could be a “Awwww” emotion as she relieves herself, but many times the grinding while urinating would indicate a painful urination so I am just double checking.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A what does teeth grinding sound like