Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A What color and breed is my bunny?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ave
      Participant
      5 posts Send Private Message

BunThis is my 3 month old girl, bun. I’m curious what color and breed she is. I have spent weeks doing internet searches but I can’t find anything even remotely close to her . I know what her mother and her father’s breed is, but am kinda making a game of it to see who comes closest. I am seriously super stumped on her color though, I thought agouti when she was born, but now..  I just don’t know without DNA test.

(Edited by Wick)

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

She is so cute!

Her ears look like she has lop in her? I think that lop ears drop around 6-12 weeks, so maybe her ears will drop even more? Or she might end up with helicopter ears 🙂

How big is she?

I’ve seen buns where their coat looks molted like that before or during a molt, or as they age and their coat changes color slightly. I’m guessing (and this is just a guess), that her coat might end up being one solid color.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• prince dorian the bun
          Participant
          743 posts Send Private Message

so in cats and dogs it’s called a brindle pattern for her fur, and google seems to think that works for bunnies too. Looks like Japanese Harlequins are brindle. Anyway, I am not good at this guess the breed thing, so probably wrong!

• Ave
            Participant

I thought about the molting thing, as well, she is 3 months old and 8.5 lbs.  As for the molting theory, she has been like this as long as her fur had grown out, it’s a very clear and distinct pattern. It has gotten brighter orangey red over time, I’m not sure if it’s due to sun bleaching due to the time she spends outside in the yard, but the pattern is almost identical to her mom’s pattern.

She has an ear infection which is being treated which is why her ear looks floppy,  another down side to having an indoor/outdoor rabbit, they tend to get into things like ants nests and mud puddles.

• Ave
              Participant

I’ll give the breed answer after a few more guesses, lol my main head scratcher is her color. I might send in for a DNA test for sure but I love reading all of you guy’s thoughts on what in earth her color could be..

I originally thought it was brindle too, but as I said, her markings are an exact replica of her mom, only like a photo negative

• Ave
                Participant

She is 1/2 Flemish giant and 1/2 checkered giant

• Moonlightbunny66
                  Participant
                  694 posts Send Private Message

I don’t know much about breeds or anything, but she’s pretty! I would like to know why she is in a wire cage though?

• Ave
                    Participant

All 4 of my brats are caged at night. During the day, they rule the house and yard. I took the photos of them before turning them loose. At night, my daughter’s cats run the house and the dogs have the yard. Night time and vet visits and bad weather are the only times they are in cages. By bad weather, I mean hurricanes or tornadoes. The cages are literally for their protection.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A What color and breed is my bunny?