Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A What breeds are my buns?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • ChubbyBunny
      Participant
      12 posts Send Private Message

I’ve always been curious to know what my Peanut and Buster are considered. I adopted them from the humane society a few years ago. I do not recall what they had Peanut labled as but they claimed Buster to be a Dutch. To me, he doesn’t look anything like a Dutch. I find my Peanut to look a lot like an American Chinchilla. She is a very stocky gal, I believe she weighed in at 9 lbs at the vets office. Any ideas on what they might be?!  Thanks for the input!

Here they are on the balcony of my apartment. The white that you can see on Buster is all that he has, there is nothing on his rump.

Here is a better picture of Peanut to give you an idea of her body type

She’s a lil’ chubby – hence my user name.

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

what adorable buns. Buster def. looks like a dutch, maybe a dutch mix of some sort? Peanut i don’t know… but they both look like such sweet bunnies!

• KatnipCrzy
          Participant
          2981 posts Send Private Message

I can see Dutch or Dutch mix with Buster- he has some of the markings- keep in mind that most of the pics that you see of Dutch buns are bunnies that have the typical markings, etc.  But there are buns that crop up into litters with abnormal markings even if both parents are purebred.  Of course a mix could lead to these type of markings too, so it is hard to say.

They sure are cute though.  I love the uniqueness of Busters markings and the silvery grey color on the other bun is so soft and pretty.  Looks like they are living the good life since they were rescued and adopted!

• Sage Cat
            Participant
            1883 posts Send Private Message

I agree with the others.
              Buster does look like he has a very pretty silver / gray coat.
              Peanuts while belly is so cute!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

At nine pounds Peanut definitely could be an american chinchilla, the top weight is nine and the giant chinchillas are about twelve http://www.rabbitandcavydirectory.com/Breed_Gallery/American_Chinchilla.htm

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A What breeds are my buns?