Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE What are some of your rabbits’ weird behaviors?

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
    • skysblue
      Participant
      208 posts Send Private Message

My rabbit likes to crack my bedroom door open, stick hers nose in and stares for a few seconds, but then she leaves! Why open the door if you are not coming in? hahah rude~

“All doors must remain open, fire hazard!”

• talesOfTybalt
        Participant
        104 posts Send Private Message

hahhaa that is soo cute, she’s just checking and making sure you’re alive and well! 🙂

idk if this is normal or weird but my little bun hops and zooms all around my bedroom and then plops himself in front of the mirror and stares at himself for a bit – he looks so serene but serious, like he’s contemplating life hahaha

• prince dorian the bun
          Participant
          743 posts Send Private Message

@skysblue that reminds me of my cat, she would do that all the time too. Doors are meant to be open, must keep eye on you! 😀

@talesOfTybalt, do you think he thinks it’s another bun or that he’s admiring his own good looks?

Also not sure if this is just normal bun behavior, but Dorian is a licker, everything and especially everyone he likes, get’s lots of licks… my ankles are the favorite, I can be washing dishes in the kitchen and next thing I know I am getting a thorough ankle grooming. If we are all in the same room he’ll zoom between everyone trying to dole out even number of licks. He also washes his stuffed elephant and blankie, especially if he is about to flop.

• talesOfTybalt
            Participant

aww sounds like Dorian has so much love to give! <3

that’s a good question about tybalt actually, he IS an awfully handsome fella so I wouldn’t blame him if it was the latter haha – i managed to catch a picture of him in the act… so maybe it’s a combination of both? 😛

• prince dorian the bun
              Participant

@talesOfTybalt That photo is the cutest thing ever! I certainly don’t blame him for being totally smitten with himself!! Tybalt is very handsome!

• talesOfTybalt
                Participant

Ty so much! I agree and I think Tyb does too 😛

• jerseygirl
                  22345 posts Send Private Message

That would be adorable seeing that little face peek around the door. <3

omg lol at Tybalt!

That’s interesting about Dorian. Nice of him to give you a clue when he is about to flop. It might give you a chance to get the camera rolling in time! Some rabbits are licky buns, it seems rex rabbits tend to lick things from what some members here have reported in the past.  I have no clue why that is.  My first rabbit, Jersey, took to licking the fire poker one day. Pretty strange!

I think Gooseman was my rabbit with the funniest (goofy) behaviours in general. It was just his vibe. This is an old picture and lighting is awful but he used to sit like this sometimes.

@skysblue
                    would you mind if I moved this thread to the Lounge? It’s a fun topic.

• skysblue
                    Participant

• skysblue
                      Participant

Gooseman reminds me of what my rabbit also does. Instead of a box, she likes to sit on uneven surface! She’d flop on half hardwood floor (upper half body) and half blanket surface (lower half body), and even better if they are different height lol

tybalt photo is totally meme worthy, reminds me of kermit the frog mirror meme

• talesOfTybalt
                        Participant

wow Gooseman almost looks like he is hovering haha

you’re absolutely right about the kermit meme, i wonder if i can edit a dark hood onto tybalts mirror image 😛

• jerseygirl

Yes! Bunnies are funny how they’ll do that. Must be comfy.

@tybalt, do iiiit! (If you don’t i just may… haha)

• jerseygirl

I dont know why I didn’t think to add these…given that I only took the last 2 photos this morning!

Pegasus occasionally likes to sit IN the food dish.

Thinking of calling him Plattergus.

• DanaNM
                              8935 posts Send Private Message

LOL Pegasus! That’s one way to avoid sharing I guess!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• skysblue
                                Participant

Plattergus: “if it fits i sits”

• skysblue
                                  Participant

View post on imgur.com

She also likes to claim the Christmas tree all for herself – we were forced to removed all the presents under the tree because of her

• Louiethebunny
                                    Participant
                                    603 posts Send Private Message

It’s because she is the present 😉 rabbits are a great gift to their owners, my bun totally made me happy and I’ve only had him a month

• talesOfTybalt
                                      Participant

okay so i had an attempt.. he just looks super grumpy and cute tbh lol!

anyone want to think of a caption? 😛

• Hazel
                                        Participant
                                        2587 posts Send Private Message

Tybalt: “This charging cable looks very yummy, but I really shouldn’t.”

Other Tybalt: “Yes. And yes you should.”

Tybalt: “Mom’s looking right at me!”

Other Tybalt: “She’ll fall asleep eventually.”

• jerseygirl

Tybalt: I love it up here on hoomin’s sofa.

Tybalt to Tybalt: but hoomin doesn’t know you love it. Pee on it so there will be no doubt.

And for the tree pic: O Tannenbun O Tannenbun, how nommy are thy branches

• Hazel
                                            Participant
                                            2587 posts Send Private Message

😆

We should start a caption contest thread or something like that.

• LBJ10
                                              16908 posts Send Private Message

Oh Goosey! I remember that picture! Hahaha!

• talesOfTybalt
                                                Participant

Hazel and jerseygirl, i love the captions! Tybalt and i had a good laugh reading them 😆

• prince dorian the bun
                                                  Participant

@skysblue, love your little christmas present bun!

Pegasus in the food bowl cracks me up too.

And good captions 😀

Dorian’s has a weird habit that he’s been doing for a bit (well not that weird really), but just realizing it was not coincidence… if we are eating dinner he has to eat dinner too (his room is right next to dinning area). If I have dinner early or he some how didn’t get the memo he will race to his room as soon as he notices and seem a little irked at us but then get chomping on his hay or greens. I usually feed him his greens before I make dinner, so thought it was just that he was eating anyway, but noticed even if they are all gone and he’s been back to playing/napping he will run back and just munch hay with us. If he gets full and we are still eating he just happily flops and watches us. Super cute.

• talesOfTybalt
                                                    Participant

That is soooo cute! I love that he gets a little irked if he didn’t get the memo hahah, dinner time is family time! :’)

• prince dorian the bun
                                                      Participant

@talesOfTybalt Exactly! I mean how could we not invite him to family dinner, he’s family too! 😀

• jerseygirl

Tybalt: I really should be more open about myself. Let it “all hang out”.

Other Tybalt: No. Keep everyone in the dark.

😉😉

• talesOfTybalt
                                                          Participant

haha nice one jerseygirl! i guess in this case… it’s dark tybalt 1 – 0 tybalt 😛

• Trixieandcookies
                                                            Participant
                                                            77 posts Send Private Message

Lol I love the tybalt memes. Gooseman is so cute Trixie used to do that in her litter box. And Pegasus that is so funny!

Viewing 27 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE What are some of your rabbits’ weird behaviors?