Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR wE’RE OVER THE INFECTION BUT NOW SHE IS A BITER!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • dmh426
      Participant
      433 posts Send Private Message

Ok, so after our terrifying ordeal of the UTI and bladder infection, that comes along with an oral antibiotic to be given twice a day, a pill to be given twice a day, bunny ibuprofren, and a lotion to be put on her bum area twice a day, my beloved little girl who has NEVER bite before is a BITER!!! For the past few nights, I’ve given her the night’s doses of medicine and my normally snuggly bunny cuddled down with me on the couch to watch Law and Order (we are addicted to that show, repeats and all) and for the past 3 nights, I’ve been bitten.  Nothing provoked her, she just sniffed me and bit my upper arm, my forearm and last night, my chest (thank god for padded bras!!!).  I though maybe I still smelled like the medicine the first night, so I washed my hands for the past two nights before playing with her and she still bit.

Is she mad at me or maybe still not feeling well? I WANT MY SNUGGLE BUG BACK!

• Gravehearted
        Participant
        2428 posts Send Private Message

my guess is she’s angry with the meds and all the handling.  treats might help win her over 🙂

• dmh426
          Participant

I keep threatening her with sending her to Kenzie’s house if she isn’t nicer to mommy. Kenzie is my 4 year old goddaughter. Think the little girl from Finding Nemo, Darla, “fiiiiiiiiiishie!” But think “I wuv the wittle bunny wabbits!!!! Come to Keeeeeenzie!” as Sophie dodges under my bed and won’t come out for love nor money. I bought her the Cottontail Cottage trying to suck up to her, but it’s going to take two weeks to come. Treats, got it, we can do treats.

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

If she continues to bite even with settling down and the treat trick. You might need to wear gloves when you think she might bite just so you won’t pull away, otherwise, she may quickly learn that biting gets you to move away.   Of course you won’t have to wear gloves all the time, only during the times she seems to get nippy to retrain her that biting won’t work.

Keep us updated!

• dmh426
              Participant

She bit me for the last time on Thursday night. I yelped out loud but continued to pet her and she went to bite the same spot almost immediately again. So, she bit and I yelped again but didn’t release her. She then moved toward me and licked the area where she had just bitten. i think she gets it now, that her biting hurt mommy. I think maybe she still wasn’t feeling completely up to par and i’ve pretty much left her to her own devices since then and she seems to be looking for more attention, but it’s when she wants the attention so it seems to be working. We’ll see!!!

• wendyzski
                Participant
                1312 posts Send Private Message

That’s exactly right!  She is learning exactly how far she can push mommy.  Another technique is to hold her head down for a few seconds – it’s how dominant bunnies handle stuff like this.

Pepper will occasionally nip now and again – but she never breaks skin and it’s always when she’s really mad at me over something like nasty ear drops, or when I didn’t get out of the way after a couple of warnings.  First she nudges, then she grabs my clothing and tugs, and if I’m ignoring those requests she will nip.

• dmh426
                  Participant

Sophie is taking a page out of Pepper’s book because that’s pretty much how it goes each time. Mommy is now letting her come to mommy and things seem to be progressing well. I think she’s starting to feel better.

• Gravehearted
                    Participant
                    2428 posts Send Private Message

I really hope she’s over the biting thing for good! it sounds like she really got that it hurt you…

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR wE’RE OVER THE INFECTION BUT NOW SHE IS A BITER!