Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Weird wet bunny poops (Pic reposted)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mushroomsmom
    Participant

I’ve noticed in my bonded pair one of the buns has been having weird poops big and small. Here’s a pic if any one has insight. They both are acting totally fine

Reeem
    Participant

Theres no pic, try posting it again.

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

I think they look like uneaten cecotropes? The ones the bunnies eat. If a bunny doesn’t eat them, it can mean their diet is too rich? I can see some hair in there, so that might have something to do with it? Can you give the bunnies a good grooming, to reduce the amount of hair, and maybe slightly reduce the pellets or veg? I know with rabbits, its important not to make big changes to their diet. If you have two getting fed together, its possible one is getting the lions share of the pellets and/or veg? Leaving them getting a little more than is good from them?

Bam
    Participant

Here’s a guide to bunny poop:
    http://imgur.com/a/5N4lD

jerseygirl
    Participant

Do you know which of the bunnies it is? You posted pics another time, just wondering if it’s the same bunny.

One of them looks a bit like a Cecal but at first glance, I thought these look like “megacolon” poos. I don’t want to jump the gun though! It could simply be the food passed through slower then normal. Maybe needing more fibre.

How is their hay eating and water drinking habits? Have you noticed any changes?
    Buns can also produce weird looking poos occasionally due to shedding or diet (usually too much sugar).

LittlePuffyTail
    Participant

One of my buns has these poos once in a while. I wouldn’t worry much if it is just once in a while. Frequent strange poos need to be investigated.

Mushroomsmom
    Participant

I believe its my girl.

Great hay intake and lots of water.

She’s shedding if that matters and I only feed a small amount of pellets

Keeping an eye but she always make large egg shaped poop the vet said was okay..

Bam
    Participant

Shedding may very well matter. Many rabbits experience a bit of tummy upset during shedding. It’s good that you’re keeping an eye, that’s probably all that’s required for the time being. Great hay intake is just excellent!

Bam
    Participant

Shedding may very well matter. Many rabbits experience a bit of tummy upset during shedding. It’s good that you’re keeping an eye, that’s probably all that’s required for the time being. Great hay intake is just excellent!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.