Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Weird poop

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Autumn7052
      Participant
      5 posts Send Private Message

So my bunnies have recently started to have small poop and large egg shaped poop. I’ve also had to clean up two that had mucus in them. They are eating and drinking perfectly fine. They still go absolutely crazy over their pellets and eat hay every time I put some out. I’ve put some pineapple juice in their water cause I thought maybe it was constipation but they still seem to be having the same poop. They have a lot of normal pellets too but they’ll have some small and large ones with them. They hop all over the place and still seem curious about their surroundings. They’ll flop down and nap like they normally do. I’m not sure why they are having these poops. They aren’t bloated at all. I’ve gave them some baby gas drops also, just in case but still no change. Anyone have any idea what this could mean?? Thank you.

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

Can you provide some more specific details? This can include pictures too.

• How old are your rabbits? Is it both of them, or just one having odd poops?
          • How often is this actually happening (e.g., every day, a couple times a month…)
          • What exactly is in their diet (name, brand, type) and what amounts are being presented of each?

Since this is poo-related, naturally there is a lot of curiosity around diet!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Autumn7052
            Participant

I don’t have any pictures but i’ll definitely get some when it happens again. They will both be 3 months on July 1st. I’m not completely sure if it’s both, i’ll have to separate for a day to know for sure. It’s been happening every day for the past 2 or 3 days. I give them alfalfa and timothy pellets but more of the alfalfa (1/4 scoop for them to share) and I give them pellets twice a day. They get timothy hay and i’ll give them alfalfa hay as a treat. They get hay all day. I don’t measure how much, just give. I’ve started introducing different vegetables and fruits such as: Roman lettuce, bananas, green bell peppers and i’ve also given them some oxbow hay treats which i’ll put of picture of those on here. I don’t give them this stuff a lot because i’m just introducing them to it. The oxbow treats I give maybe once or twice a week depending on what else they’ve had.

It won’t let me upload the pictures, not sure why. The treats are “Oxbow simple rewards” I got the strawberry treats, baked treats with apple and banana, and baked treats with cranberry. You could probably search them up and find them if you want to see what they look like! Sorry about not being able to show pictures.

• DanaNM
            8930 posts Send Private Message

Small poops, egg shaped poops, and mucous are indicative of gastric irritation, which could be due to a slow down. Are you sure they are coming from both rabbits?

I would keep encouraging lots of hay eating and limit treats and any sugary things you are feeding them. I agree that some info on their ages and diets would be helpful!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Autumn7052
                Participant

They will both be 3 months on July 1st. I’m not sure if it’s both bunnies, i’ve been trying to keep an eye on both of their poops. I’ll have to separate for a day to be sure. I give them both alfalfa and timothy pellets (more alfalfa) and I give them timothy hay. I’ll sometimes give them alfalfa hay as a treat. I use the oxbow brand for all their food. I give them lots of hay and they eat a lot of it. It’s become an everyday thing with the small and large sized poop but like I said, they are eating and drinking normally and aren’t bloated. Hope that helps!

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Weird poop