Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Weird Behavior – Is Bunny Being Bad?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cadbury
      Participant
      161 posts Send Private Message

When Cadbury wants to be pet and snuggled, she hops up to me and puts her face as close as she can to mine (even if that means her mouth is right on my cheek).  I’ll scratch her ears and she’ll purr happily and lick my face. 

After a little while, though, she’ll start digging at my clothes and nipping me or the carpet underneath me.  Is this her way of "grooming" me back?  If it is, I don’t want to yell at her, but it still hurts!  Anyone else have this problem? 

Thanks!

• xnovalentine
        Participant
        309 posts Send Private Message

Well, digging on you just means she likes you But if it huts, you should yell and let her know shes hurting you. Usually, if you let out a loud yelp, they understand and wont do it as hard next time. That’s what i’ve done with Lullabelle and its worked.

• babybunsmum
          Participant
          3896 posts Send Private Message

yes… i think that she’s saying ‘you’re the best… now pet me more!’  baby will lick my hand when she wants pets & expects that i’ll reciprocate.  if i take too long to pet her she’ll lick & then nibble.  the nibble will gradually turn into a nip to which i give a little jump & yelp.  of course i cave and pet her immediately too

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

It sounds like Cadbury is also trying to make you more comfortable. Let out a eek! to let Cadbury know it does hurt, sometimes bunnies just don’t know when they are causing us pain. My you are the bees knees to your bun to be groomed like that!

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

If a bunny has found a compfy safe place – aka you, that she wants to hang out in/on/around, then she could be trying to make a "scrape" – Their wild cousins do this – it’s where they dig down just a bit to relax above ground, but keep themselves directly out of site.

Some bunnies also do this for attention, so does she do it when you stop?

Also, some bunnies do it when they are done with being petted, and they want to leave, but haven’t figured out an exit strategy.

If a high pitched "eeee" doesn’t work (that how bunnies tell each other.."that hurts!&quot, then give her some bunny language she can understand. Face her, and then turn your back to her, but keep looking back, so she knows she can still approach you. This may sound whacky, but this really is how rabbits communicate with each other. Check out  http://www.paperglyphs.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html  for more rabbit language info.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Weird Behavior – Is Bunny Being Bad?