Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Weird behavior

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Jenn
      Participant
      6 posts Send Private Message

Hello there I’m new here.

i have a loving bunny that used to love spending time with me, pets and used to lick me.

two days ago he started he started making a mess inside his pen(he stays there only at night) pulls the blankets, throwing the water and food dishes.

besides that he started to pee when he sees me which I thought was excitement as he didn’t seemed scared and still wanted to be touched.
        But just today when I called him (yes he knows when I want to give him a treat) he started shaking and pretty much putting himself against the floor kinda like crouching so I left him alone but now it seems like he doesn’t like me anymore, he started to avoid me, giving me the cold shoulder only comes for treats and then he basically avoids me like the plague.

I don’t understand why there’s nothing new or different besides me being on my period which I don’t know if it might be the issue right here (like the smell not like I smell like blood but dunno if they are able to tell ).

He is pretty young two months (someone was selling him as snake food and I just let that happen) and he has been with me 2 weeks I know it doesn’t seem like much but we bonded so his sudden change of attitude has me in shock.
        Any thoughts on this ?

• LBJ10
        16977 posts Send Private Message

Considering his age, I would say this behavior is pretty normal. He is growing. As he grows, he is going to experience changes. Some of this is driven by hormones as they start to “awaken”. So it isn’t unusual to hear stories of young bunnies going through “spook” phases. Or young bunnies suddenly becoming very wary of their owners. It can be like a switch was flipped, it happens that fast. The good news is that this is likely temporary. Once he’s old enough, you can have him neutered. That will help a lot. Are you sure he’s only 2 months old?

• Jenn
            Participant

Yes he is really small, I took him to the vet and he said he is still a baby however I’m not 100 percent sure he is 2 months that’s what the girl that was selling him said.

Thank you this makes me feel much better let’s hope this is just a phase.

• Wick & Fable
            5802 posts Send Private Message

Agreed that this sounds like puberty. His personality will be rapidly changing day to day as he responds to his oncoming hormones, so don’t take anything too personally or permanently and adapt as things go along!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• DanaNM
              9038 posts Send Private Message

Yes it sounds like it’s definitely bunny puberty! Are you planning to get him neutered? That will help a lot with litter box habits. I do know one member here had a bun that reacted when she was on her period, but I think this sounds like puberty considering his age!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Jenn
                  Participant

Thank you 💕

• Jenn
                    Participant

Thank you 💕

yes I will I’m just waiting for him to have the right age so I can take it to the vet.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Weird behavior