Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE We did it! Tucker’s new cage!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    • Alicia Conklin
      Participant
      721 posts Send Private Message

This is Tucker’s new cage…it was still a bit empty in this photo, he had some new toys and a tunnel added today.

Tucker trying out his new litter spot for the first time! LOL

The new cage in comparison to his old cage!! (Don’t worry when we just had that small one he stayed in the hallway and only slept in there.  And don’t mind the dirtyness …he can be a messy bun sometimes..ew.)

Comparison from the other end, and our pug inspecting Tucker’s new digs as well. 

The look of a satisfied bun!

Mmmm and it has a built in salad bar! Awesome!

Thanks so much to everyone for your advise and ideas, it really helped alot, and Tucker really loves his new home.  It’s a bit monstrous in the living room lol but I think we will get used to it!  My husband was singing “movin’ on up” while we were moving Tucker and his things in.  He said that Tucker was going to have to write home to all his bunny family and tell them that he hit the jack pot and had his own mansion now lol.  I’m going to make him an exercise pen to attach to the outside later tonight. 

Our youngest was still awake while we were doing the cage building and he was quite fond of the house.  He said that it was his house.  We told him that it was Tucker’s home and he said “no Tucker don’t want this home, he said I could have it” LOL.  Here’s some pics of Lucas testing out the house before Tucker moved in…

After Tucker moved in Lucas was a bit upset…so Mike took some of the leftover cubes and made Lucas a little home to play in lol. 

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

LOL, how cute is that! Luca’s own cage….too funny!

• Nicci607
          Participant
          320 posts Send Private Message

Oh, I heart Tucker =)

Built in salad bar? yuum!!!

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

Wow that is one posh playbunny mansion!!! Great job!

• Alicia Conklin
              Participant

Thanks Tucker think so too…he’s been doing laps all night tonight lol. I added a box that upside down looks like a little den in there so that he can get up onto his second level easier and now he’s truly in heaven he’s been going up, jumping to the box, down to the ground, through his hay over his tunnel and then back up lol.

When we put it together my husband said “this thing is so big for just ONE rabbit” and then he looked at me and said real quick “don’t even think about it!” LOL.  So he’s still not keen on another bunny..he says that Tucker’s stuffed eeyore is all the mate he needs.  I disagree…we’ll keep working after Tucker’s neutered since as of now we can’t do anyhting anyway!

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant

LOL Too funny, I would have thought the same thing, why yes it is too big for just ONE rabbit, how about two? Tucker sounds like he is having the time of his life. The cage may seem HUGE I know it did to me as well, however when you figure they spend most of their time in there, it gives them a lot of space to roam around and slounge about too. Your boy Lucas looks so cute!

• Alicia Conklin
                  Participant

Exactly, that’s how I explained to to him, I was like “well how would you like to be in a room that was comparitively about the size of our kitchen?” this way he has a kitchen, living room, and bathroom and then a loft with a bedroom and master bath LOL.   Wait til he sees the “patio with fence in yard” LOL he is upstairs working so he hasn’t seen that yet LOL

• Scarlet_Rose
                    Participant

LOL! I can’t wait to hear what he says about that! You are so right, what I compare it to is living in a tiny hotel bathroom.

• Alicia Conklin
                      Participant

Well the pen is up now LOL we’ll see what he says in the morning hehe   he loves the bunny but he thinks I go to extremes with my pets LOL…who me???  (I type this as my pug lays in my arms like she’s a baby snoring her little butt off)

• lygray
                        Participant
                        107 posts Send Private Message

Hehe, neat!

• Scarlet_Rose
                          Participant

Too cute! Yeah but you know you get so much love out of them in return, the little extra effort makes it all worth it.

• Alicia Conklin
                            Participant

Well he just came down and saw the pen and said “that’s actually pretty cool” so yay! LOL

• Scarlet_Rose
                              Participant

WOOHOO! O.K. well it is getting late so I am going to head off to bed myself. Have a wonderful night!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                Participant
                                12067 posts Send Private Message

Great job!! It looks awesome!! Your little boy is so cute!

• babybunsmum
                                  Participant
                                  3896 posts Send Private Message

nice job!  and very sweet of your son to test it out first

• Alicia Conklin
                                    Participant

LOL yes wasn’t it?  Hehe I told him that he had to get out since it was a bunny cage and not a little boy cage and he told me that he is a bunny and he was hopping around it doing his “binkies” LOL. 

• Beka27
                                      Participant
                                      16016 posts Send Private Message

that’s a great cage! since he has so much space now, you’re really going to see those funny bunny antics come into play! and your son is so cute!!! what’s with boys and wanting to get into everything? when my four year old acts up, we tell him he’s gonna have to sleep in Meadow’s cage and Meadow is going to get his bed (joking of course!)

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE We did it! Tucker’s new cage!