Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Water bottles

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Plumped Cuddly Bunnies
      Blocked
      103 posts Send Private Message

My bunnies are used to drinking from a water bowl, but sometimes the rabbits can urinate or jump into there water bowl. I’m in the process of building one of the rabbit a new bigger habitat and I would prefer not to put his water bowl where he sleeps because he always seems to get his legs in it and wets all the hay so I would like to put the water bowl away from where he sleeps on the ground and give him a water bottle for his sleeping area instead.

I have heard that a rabbit might not know how to use a water bottle or even know what it is if a rabbit is used to drinking from a bowl?

Can I still add a water bottle and would he use it?

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

I have both a bottle and a bowl in my buns pen. I have the bottle for the reason you mentioned, just as a back up in case the bowl gets spilled or knocked over. They don’t use it much but do occasionally take a sip from it. Most buns figure it out naturally.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Plumped Cuddly Bunnies
          Blocked

Excellent. I’ll get a couple water bottles later if I get time after work.

• Plumped Cuddly Bunnies
            Blocked

Unfortunately he hasn’t touched his water bottle. He is only drinking from his bowl. His new pen has been set up now so he can now free roam, he has the outside space all to himself. He will be a lot more happier now.

• DanaNM
              8901 posts Send Private Message

Glad he has more space now! My buns rarely use their bottle, but I like knowing it’s there.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Water bottles