Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR wanted to wish all well

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • Molotov
      Participant
      51 posts Send Private Message

My girlfriend who is about to be offshore in about a day signed onto this forum to gain advice and to share pics and experience with others. Let me start by saying that she has aot more experince in the bunny dept. than me. But we’re still pretty dumb when it comes down to it . Anyway, a background on our fuzzy family. I first came accross Louie when my girlfriend told me she had been thinking of getting a rabbit. Well, it was about 3 weeks before Christmas time and i was’nt sure i’d find one before then. Luckily in the newspaper about a week before i saw an advertisement in the newspaper for baby bunnys. And the next day i brought home a 4 week old mini rex. …..Well….a few months later we were reading about happy bunnies and alot of sites recommended getting a second bunny to keep our Louie company. Out popps Muffin, our second and smallest buns. She is a chocolate Netherland dwarf and is adorable if not a little skittish. And last but far from least is our rescue buns. He is a fuzzy lop (we think) completly white with ice blue eyes. Very handsome indeed. Anyway needed tell the story so that any silly questions would be held against me and not my fiance.

1910594071054.jpg
        191005775771.jpg
        191015069571.jpg

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

Awe no worries! Your bunnies are just too cute and we are only too glad to provide support and offer any assistance that we can! No charges will be pressed against you for any question you ask, no matter how “dumb” you may think it is. I would say that you are darn smart for being open minded and having the wherewithall to research about bunnies. So kudos to you! When is your beau going to return from being offshore?

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello! Bunnies are often a very misunderstood pet, and there are lots of misconceptions out there about them, so I think the more questions, the better! When i got my first bunny Juli, there were a lot of things that I thought were facts about bunnies that I then found out where completely untrue, so I’m glad that I asked as many questions as I could.

Your buns are so cute, the picture in the vase is SO funny! Did Louie hop in there all on his own? I have a bunny named Raymond that is infamous for “hopping before he looks” and often ending up inside open boxes that he previously thought were sound landing steps! I’ve had to rescue him many a time from these kinds of predicaments

• osprey
            Participant
            2065 posts Send Private Message

Louie in the flowerpot is also giving an excellent look of disapproval to whomever put the pot there.

• Molotov
              Participant

my fiance is going about 100 miles offshore from Galvestine Tx. Oh and had a question involving our new addition. Samson is the white haired fuzz lop that we rescued and my question is about his marking and peeing wherever is convienient. Is he trying to show dominance twards me or the other kids? And when i try to move him he thumps and finds a corner. Help

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant

Oh OK on an oil rig then? Oh dear, that little stinkpot. Actually it sounds like he is marking his territory and claiming it all as his domain. If a bunny has too much freedom and/or has to establish a hierarchy with the other bunnies marking and bunny pez calling cards ensue. You may want to try confining him to a smaller running space. How are his litterbox habits otherwise?

• Molotov
                  Participant

well he does’nt poop or pee much in his cage. i think he saves it for the ereas around the other bunnies cage.

• Scarlet_Rose
                    Participant

Aha. I would limit his running space until his litterbox habits improve then reward him by giving him more space to run in, if he reverts back, then shrink the space again and increase the number of litterboxes.

• BinkyBunny
                      8776 posts Send Private Message

The picture of your bunny in the planter – sooo cute. The fact he poops around the other buns cage is definitely a territorial move? How do the bunnies get along right now?

Usually once they are friends AND have worked out who is going to be the top bun, then the marking will decline.  

• Molotov
                        Participant

they chase each other around a little. Our little dwarf just got spayed and our broken black mini-rex has been fixed for about 6 months. When Samson
                          goes to mount our female she will turn around and hump him instead. And our rex will try to smell Samson just to have Samson run to the other side of the room. After a while of this our female will begin nipping at our rex. Is she telling him to “leave the new guy alone”?

• BinkyBunny
                          8776 posts Send Private Message

oh,oh, I’m late in responding. How are things going with them today?

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR wanted to wish all well