Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Wakeup Calls

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • xnovalentine
      Participant
      309 posts Send Private Message

Alright…many of you may be suprised to find out that my darling demonoic spawn of the bunny satan has been transformed into a freeroam bunny. Shocking? I know. She’s fairly good…she pretty much stays away from cords with the exception of the occational temptations that recently has been a unused phone cord and laptop adapter #4. (good luck to adapter #5) Carpet is barely an issue anymore and she’s learned what she can and cannot chew on around my bedroom. (i live in a finshed basemet…I have my bedroom, bathroom, laundry room, and a semi-kitchen that me and her share, its all one big room).

The reason why she is freeroam is mainly because she’s so huge she can knock down her pen and/or drag it accross the room and escape while i’m gone or sleeping. I’ve done everything I can think of to prevent this, but with her being fairly well-behaved its not a big issue. Also, I have RA and can’t exactly chase her down so Its just easier to let her do her thing.

Recently though, recently as in the past 3 weeks, she has taken it upon herself to be my new alarm clock that seems to always go off hours before it needs to. So between 5am-6:30am i am greeted with kisses and digging and the occational lets walk over mom and see if this works technique. Lately though, she’s started pooping on me. Not just pooping, but also peeing. She’s peed on ME 3 times now, and poops on me daily. I have no idea why she just out of nowhere started doing this. She used to just lick my face and run across my head until i woke up. When i say pooping…i mean she opens up and dumps all that she’s got in her on my head. I now keep the mini vac next to my bed.

I don’t mind that shes out all night, because like i said before, this is the only problem she causes. People keep telling me to put her in her pen while i’m asleep but all i hear is banging to get out and eventually the food bowl goes flying, the water bottle falls to its doom, litter goes everywhere and I’m afraid she’s going to hurt herself ramming her head into the side of the pen.Then a big tumble wakes me out of a dead sleep and she’s ran off under the bed.

I also suspect that she may be jealous of my uncle’s new dog, who seems to love me for some reason. Lulla and her get along fairly well, they enjoy chasing each other and the dog is now afraid of the big bad bunny. The dog isin’t down here at night, the door to upstairs is closed and the only reason why the dog comes down here is because she won’t shut up and stop whining to come down. She does like to roll on my bed, but usually lulla chases her off.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do besides putting her away at night seeings how that fails miserably? Maybe she does it because she likes me, but it doesn’t make me like her very much especially at 5 in the morning when I’m very tired and cranky and stiff not to mention lol There are no doors down here, so that’s out.  Any ideas?

• kimberleyanddarren
        Participant
        2520 posts Send Private Message

how about getting something like some NIC cubes to make a ring around the corner of the room you sleep in? so she cant get to you? Or how about making a NIC cube cage which goes around her cage so she can be confined but have alot of space aswell? Is your bed near to her cage? or is it a fare size room? When she starts getting onto you you could pick her up and put her in her cage, see how that makes her react, she might go to sleep then if she has been awake for a while

• Lightchick
          Participant
          1017 posts Send Private Message

Wow, I’ve never “met” your Satan-bunny before!  Sounds like a handful!  How big is she that she hauls pens around the room?!  Holy cow(-sized bunny)! 

How recently did the dog start rolling around on the bed?  Around the same time demon-bunny started pooping on you?  You may have already touched on the answer to your own question…

My Lizzy is perfectly fine on my bed at home.  She was also perfectly fine on my BF’s bed when we go to visit him.  Until we started letting our other bunny (they’re not bonded) Thumper jump around on the bed.  Now she hops up there SPECIFICALLY to pee where she can smell him!  Or on my BF…whichever is most convenient! 

Since Thumper lives there, and she doesn’t, she is now banned from his bed  (she’s still fine on mine).  Maybe try washing all the bedding and spraying Nature’s Miracle at the mattress, and then banishing the dog, and see if the behavior settles down?

• MarkBun
            Participant
            2842 posts Send Private Message
              Posted By kimberleyanddarren on 08/21/2008 11:43 AM
              how about getting something like some NIC cubes to make a ring around the corner of the room you sleep in? so she cant get to you?

This would be my solution too.  Put yourself in the pen instead of the bun.

• Lightchick
              Participant

*snort!!*

LMAO at Markusdark!

• xnovalentine
                Participant

sigh..

i’ve tried the NIC condos before, but she bites through the zip ties and can bite off the corner thingers. not to mention she can move those too. Don’t ask me, its part of the bunny satan spawn genes. i weighted lulla a couple days ago and shes now 10lbs. big girl.

the dog has been rolling around on the bed for awhile before shes started this. I try to keep the dog out of the room, but like i said before, she wont shut up sometimes. i’ve washed the sheets pillow cases and comforter several times due to the lets pee on stacy routine. the dog really isin’t down here a lot, and is never down here when i’m not here. i’m afraid lulla might hurt the dog. lol.

i usually shove her off the bed until she irks me and i try to catch her. if i do happen to catch her i put her in the pen, and there we go with the escape routine. i’ve locked her in the actual cage before – which is a starter cage not for 10lbs bunnies so i feel bad for cramping her in there. but she can knock over the cage too…even if it is latched to the bottom part. i hadnt been latching it to the bottom because it was easier just to lift it off to change the litter box. it’s hard for me to bend over sometimes. i’ve got books piled on top of the cage so she can’t do that, but she found out how to knock the books off and it makes me nervous that it might collapse while shes in there trying to get out.

she’s not peeng and pooing on the bed….shes peeing and pooping on ME. lulla is always the last thing i hold before bed because i have a force cuddling session before i go to bed. maybe its because i smell like the dog…but even so im not around the dog a lot.

think of lulla as super bunny and cannot be stopped by anything, except kyroptonite of course.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                  Participant
                  12067 posts Send Private Message

Your back!! Missed you!!

Get a shower curtain and drape it over the bed when you’re in it, on top of your regular blankies; AND put a squirt bottle of water beside your bed. If the curtain doesnt’ deter her, spray her. Once she’s broken the ‘alarm clock habit’ then you can go back to sleeping without a shower curtain

• Lightchick
                    Participant

OMG, I can’t believe you’re going to have to build yourself a cage and wrap yourself in shower curtain to escape your rampaging bunny…! You poor thing!

• xnovalentine
                      Participant

hahahaha thats hilarious! shower curtain! i see how that might work…except that it will hold the pee and it will go everywhere…lol

too bad spraying doesn’t work…she just stares at you and is like “why did you just do that?” and continues on with her destroying of something act. you can soak her and she isint even fazed…its really funny. i dumped the spray bottle water on her once and she was soaked…she just kept eating the carpet like nothing happened. i yell at her and get the same reaction. I have to actually get up and walk towards her before she takes off…even sometimes then she just stares at me again and is like “whateva…i’ll do what i want…” so i just shove her bum off the bed. force is the only thing that works on this demonic creature. haha

yes, my bunny speaks like cartman. haha

• RabbitPam
                        11002 posts Send Private Message

LOL My former cat, Lambchop, (a name for him that turned out to be so wrong) would squint at the water bottle, then rear up and bat it with both front paws.

Another suggestion: What about putting a second litter pan right below the bed near your head, (maybe a third on the other side too) or put a chair next to your bed with a litter pan on the seat. Then, at the first sign of pee or poo you grab her and plop her into the nearest pan. Maybe she just isn’t bothering to hold it in. If you put a little treat in the pan(s) she might think it’s a reward for peeing there. That way you just fling her into some litter, drop her a treat, don’t have to get out of bed, and she can play some more. Then you can get up and feed her like a good slave.

If that doesn’t work, shriek in a high voice like she’s just hurt you. Probably not too hard to do under the circumstances.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Wakeup Calls