Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Vinegar?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

My odd little bunny decided to drink some of the white vinegar/water solution that I use to clean her cage with.  Is there a need to do to flush it out of her system?  Like adding more water to her veggies?  Or is it okay that she decided to drink some?  I’ll have to make sure to keep the vinegar out of her reach next time I clean her cage. 

• RabbitPam
        11002 posts Send Private Message

Well, one of the reasons to use vinegar is that it’s safe, though usually a bunny finds the smell so repulsive that they wouldn’t drink it. You probably had it diluted enough that she didn’t mind the smell and had a taste. I wouldn’t worry, but there’s no harm in giving her veggies a good soaking, and possibly offer her some fresh, cool water right now to give her the chance to drink it on her own. You might give her a well washed piece of something, like a piece of a favorite green, to eat right away as well so she can just move it along past her throat. Blech.

• Deleted User
          Participant

Thank you for the advice. =]  I made sure to give her some wet arugula.  Well the crazy thing is that I didn’t have it diluted very much and she kept drinking it after tasting it. 

• RabbitPam
            11002 posts Send Private Message

Wow. I just washed a new pair of pants in vinegar and water so I kind of did a double take when I saw your post. Can you get her to drink clear water now? I don’t want to suggest syringe feeding her water because there’s a risk of her inhaling it and aspirating which you don’t want. (I also avoided suggesting a juicy apple because it’s more acid in her tummy.) She is just being a goofy bunny who obviously hasn’t read the rule book on what bunnies do and do not like. I think she’ll be OK, but a bit of moist food should help move things along so to speak. Maybe a banana slice, or some unsweetened pumpkin if you have some.

Bunnies have a way of scaring us with the weirdest things. Then I swear they laugh later on.

• LittlePuffyTail
              18092 posts Send Private Message

How is your bunny today?

• Deleted User
                Participant

She’s doing okay. Just a little irritable since I can’t seem to get rid of her fleas, but that’s another topic. =p The vinegar doesn’t seem to have had too bad of an effect on her. She’s had some small dry poops but I made sure to wet her greens again that I gave her this morning and she seems to be doing fine. Thanks for asking. =] No worries though. I’m taking her to the vet for a general check up any way on Wednesday. If anything’s really wrong the vet will be able to help out. =]

• CocoaB
                  Participant
                  41 posts Send Private Message

I don’t see why a tiny taste of vinegar would be an issue. I have chickens and a lot of people give apple cider vinegar in their water. Same with horses.

• skunklionshow
                    Participant
                    1257 posts Send Private Message

I had read that apple cider vinegar can be diluted (very small amt, since most don’t like the smell) in water for animals as a treatment for fleas.  It is supposed to be a natural treatment.

• Elrohwen
                      Participant
                      7318 posts Send Private Message

Vinegar is just an acid, like that found in fruit (especially citrus) so it’s perfectly safe, especially in small amounts.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Vinegar?