Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Page Forums THE LOUNGE Vibes for Tommy Please! Dental today!

This topic contains 14sd replies, has 138 voices, and was last updated by  Kiki 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • LittlePuffyTail
    18068 posts Send Private Message

Just dropped Tom off for his dental. I’m quite worried. Hope he recovers well and there are no nasty surprises in his mouth. I hate just waiting around for the “he’s awake” call. It’s especially worrisome when it’s a first time dental. Bindi got them done often and was always fine but I always have Olivia on my mind when I drop a bun off. She never made it home from hers. 

Wick
    3696 posts Send Private Message

VIBES! Aggressively throwing vibes!! Healing and positive vibes!

Q8bunny
    Participant
    6349 posts Send Private Message

Gah! I empathise ? Tidal wave of vibes heading northeast… ((((((Tommy))))))

joea64
    Participant
    1424 posts Send Private Message

Good wishes to Tommy! I’m kind of in the same boat myself; an abscess, or at least a potential one, was discovered last Friday during my regular dental cleaning (it’s under a tooth that had a root canal done over a decade ago but whose crown had to be replaced last year due to not being properly fitted); I have to see the endodontist tomorrow morning and might well end up having a new root canal done, $$$. I honestly think Panda and Fernando have better teeth than I do! Seriously…the buns are always chomping hay and chewing on willow sticks and plain cardboard; the vet says their teeth are perfect every time he examines them.

graysonbun
    Participant
    126 posts Send Private Message

Sending lots and lots of vibes to ((((tommy)))) and also to you LPT!! I think we all know how worrisome things can get even if it is usually a routine procedure! I will be thinking about you both today! Lots of well wishes!

jerseygirl
    22116 posts Send Private Message

{{{Tommy!}}}. I hope he sails through his dental, LPT!

@joea best of luck at your appt also.

LittlePuffyTail

He’s awake! Mouth was a mess but all trimmed up now. Will pick him up later if he’s eating on his own. He was sedated a long time to get it all done but vet is very pleased with how it went.

Will post more later and read comments. Just wanted everyone to know he made it through.

jerseygirl
    22116 posts Send Private Message

Yay!
    It’s good to know it was worthwhile also. Hopefully with everything seen to, he won’t be needing regular trims.

Bam
    13950 posts Send Private Message

Oh yay, LPT!!! So good to know he made it through ???

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant
    1061 posts Send Private Message

Yay!!! Great news LPT! Will keep sending good vibes for his recovery period <3

Muj Mom N Bun
    Participant
    352 posts Send Private Message

Yay!!!! More happy healthy chewing ((((({{{{{VIBES}}}}}))))) Tommy!

Good luck with yours too joea

LittlePuffyTail

Thanks so much for all the vibes everyone.   

Joe- I dread the day that might happen to me. My husband recently had an abscess and root canal. I’m one of those people who reaaaallly hate the dentist….

Tommy was eating on his own, thankfully, and I was able to bring him home. Since we discovered during his stasis how incredibly difficult he is to force feed, I would have left him there for the techs to take care of had he not been eating. He came home and ate all his supper. 

Vet said they were really bad. Very tall molars and lots of spurs and spikes. She wants to check them again in 3 months. Fingers crossed that a good diet will keep them healthy. 

Eating his supper

The vet asked me if they could use his pic on FB and they used the 2 buns that were in today to do a “Don’t buy bunnies as Easter gifts” post. The other adorable little guy is my FB friend’s. She’s local but we’ve not met yet so was hoping to run into her at the vet today during pick up/drop off but didn’t happen. 

Q8bunny
    Participant
    6349 posts Send Private Message

So glad he’s ok and had the works done well. He should be able to enjoy hay now, and fingers crossed that keeps his wee pointy teeth in check

Kiki
    Participant
    205 posts Send Private Message

Glad it went well. He is quite dapper, isn’t he?!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.