Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE Vibes for Podge, please

This topic contains 144sd replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Hazel 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 145 total)
  • Author

Bam

I just had word from Gina.Jenny, she asked me to post for her, she can’t bring herself to. Podge has had a stroke and she doesn’t know if he’ll recover. Please send your best healing-vibes to ((((((Podge))))))

(For those of you that don’t know Podge, there are beautiful pictures of him in the July chat thread).

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

Well I just burst into tears. So so so not fair. Little Podge. He is such another icon. For me anyway. My heart so goes out to you, Gina.Jenny. G.J you’ve had such a rough patch lately. I’m so sorry. I’m hoping and yearning for recovery. You’ve shared so many wonderful pictures and I’ve seen him so much, and being without a rabbit for now, it’s like he is partly my own. My heart aches. (((((((((((((((((((((((((Podge))))))))))))))))))))))))) Love you little buddy.

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

And yes, for those that don’t know Podge, I think bam meant to say the beautiful pictures of Podge are in the July picture thread. And there are a few nice ones in the August picture thread as well.  He actually starts off the month of August with bunny cuteness in the first few pics.

LittlePuffyTail

I’m so sorry to hear it!!! Poor little Podge. (((((Feel the Love and Get Well Podge)))))

And ((((Hugs))) to GinaJenny.

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

Thanks for posting for me bam x

Podge is a fighter, he continued eating on his own yesterday, especially when tempted by the offer of an occasional raspberry every so often, one of his absolute favorites, and he tried to stay active, though his co-ordination was poor and was clearly confusing him. It was awful watching him aim at a blade of grass and miss, you could see his poor face, wondering where did that blade of grass go. He insisted on using the hammock, even though it took several attempts to get up or down. Gina was hyper protective, snarling at any of us that went near, even when you got past Gina, Podge clearly didn’t like being touched, whereas normally he loves ear rubs.

He went straight under the hammock when he went outside this morning, which he never does, but did come out for a raspberry, though he did need to lean on Gina for support on the way…

It maybe just a case of leaving them out for long enough for Gina to eat some grass, then bring them back in where he feels safer. Its coming up 24 hours now, its going to be a case now of seeing how the next few days go.

Oh GJ. I am so so sorry. Oh Podge, my main man !!!!!!
    Gordo, you are right, there are some little furballs of others who worm their way into the hearts of everyone else.
    Podge is such a furball! He is loved (and claimed as their own) by all !!!

He has such character and individuality that it just doesn’t bear thinking about that he could be in distress.
    He is so lucky to have you GJ and so lucky to have Gina as a bonded and protective bunny.

(((((((Vibes to Podge and hugs to you GJ)))))))))

Sirius&Luna
    Participant

Oh Podge! I hope he makes a quick recovery, and I’m glad to hear Gina is looking after him.

kurottabun
    Participant

Aww so precious. Hope he recovers well. (((Podge)))

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

Went to the market first thing this morning and got a big bag of local grown greens, as theres not much green stuff in the garden due to the ongoing heat. Picked out a nice big dark green leaf, as big as Podge himself, hoping it would be irrisistable, and made sure it was nice n wet to help with hydration.

Podge took it gladly enough, but over half an hour later, even with Gina’s help, the leaf is unfinished, though much smaller than it was Normally a leaf like that would be gone in minutes between them, I’m guessing Gina ate most of whats gone as she is clearly full. He’ll gladly take raspberries but I’m scared to give him an upset tum by giving too many. Yesterday he was on the go non-stop, today he is just staying under the hammock, whether exhaution has caught up with him? I’ve covered the run with a duvet cover to help him feel safer so he and Gina can stay out and so the back doors can stay open, else the house will be too hot overnight for buns and hoomins alike…

Whatever has happened to make Podge like this, you don’t want STASIS to set in…. are you 100% his physical state is due to a stroke, and not maybe an allergic reaction (Q8 suggestion) to a sting or something?

Can you force feed him or get him to jump on anything else, treats allowed…. rose petals, shreddies, willow leaves….?

Keep that gut going….

I know you know J, I’m just speaking out loud.

(((((Hugsssss))))

Bunny House
    Participant

Praying for you guys ❤️

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

He’s finally finished the first leaf, taken a lopsided circuit of the run and is currently starting a second leaf, curled up next to Gina.

Its not possible to be 100% certain its a stroke without an MRI, which would require an anastethetic, which I really don’t want to put him through right now. He is moving in circles when he does move, its only affecting his head, which keeps dropping to the left, and the front left paw, ie the back legs seem unaffected and the right paw is unaffected, and it came on quite suddenly.

He ate pellets last night, but with his head down on the left, so I was a bit anxious about choking, but offsetting that with being anxious about stasis from not eating enough. Given he is eating on and off by himself though, I dont want to stress him by force feeding, just tempting him little and often and see how he goes.

Q8bunny
    Participant

Since it sounds like it’s hot, and since I know heat makes things worse post CVAs, how does he react to a frozen water bottle? Is he drawn to it, or mostly meh about its being there?

I’ve been fretting since yesterday, trying to think of anything that might help, but couldn’t come up with anything brill… sorry GJ…

Chewie and I will keep sending love and get-well vibes (((((((Podge)))))))

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

After chatting to bam, as two heads are better than one, I just offered Podge one of the high calorie barley rings I keep in for emergencies. As bam says they are too big to choke on. He scoffed it down very happily, so I’ll give him a few more over the day. Its a fine balance, as they might fill him up so he’ll eat less of other, fiberous stuff, so not great for preventing stasis, but good for giving energy his brain maybe needs. He ate it like he was starving, so I’m guessing a few will do more good than harm and at least he is eatting them.

None of our buns have ever accepted a frozen bottle, but he is close to the house, the run is under an old duvet cover, so he is completely under cover to help him feel safer and ensure he stays in the shade all the time, normally I keep the runs 50% in the shade 50% open to the sky so buns can chose, but not taking any chances today x

joea64
    Participant

Glad to hear Podge is eating at least!

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

He ate a bit of ruby romaine, the main problem seems to be he eats but is soon exhausted by eating. its just going to be little and often and including keep offering small helpings of green stuff that hydrates.

I’ve bought the buns in, as its getting towards the hottest part of the day here, he completely panicked at being bought in which is totally unlike him, hoping he’ll calm down and sleep in the cool dimness, with the blinds and curtains shut to keep the sun out.

joea64
    Participant

I agree, it sounds like the best thing for him right now is cool and shadows. I think that’s why Panda and Fernando have taken so much lately to snoozing in the litterbox in the late afternoons (which are the hottest time of day in these parts); it’s at the back of the lower level of their condo cage, under the floor between levels and against the wall, and also, because cold air is more dense and goes down, it’s a lot cooler close to the ground. In short, it’s a very comfy place for them!.

Bam

Podge is being rushed to the vet now, Gina.Jenny asked me to post. She suspects he’s had another stroke about an hour ago.

((((((PODGE)))))

jerseygirl

{{{((Podge))}}}
    We love you, darling boy!

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

(((((((((({{{{{{{{{{((((((((((Podge))))))))))}}}}}}}}}}))))))))))

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

Podge is home but heavily sedated. Vet says there’s not a lot we can do except keep him comfy and see if he recovers, she agreed he is better at home than kept in, he’ll feel safer in familiar surroundings, have Gina to cuddle into, and have familar food to eat. He’s back at the vet on Friday so they can see him before the weekend.

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

Thanks for consistent updates. In my thoughts…..

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

Podge has perked up slightly and is eating a bit of the greens from the market…

LittlePuffyTail

Get better, gorgeous boy!!!

Have you tried offering him pellet mush (just mix with water and let puff up first). Then you wouldnt have to worry about choking. Or Critical Care mixed with water on a plate. Bindi always devoured the Apple Banana CC.

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

Come on (((((Podge))))) All my thoughts, prayers, and vibes to your whole clan!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.