Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR very strange

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • cookie627
      Participant
      387 posts Send Private Message

this morning i was playing with my bun. then suddenly Cookie started humping my hand!!! i have no idea why but i think it’s b/c he is not neutered.

• Anita Stark
        Participant
        194 posts Send Private Message

Yup, that would be why..

… get that boy neutered.  It’s best all round.

• Hedi
          Participant
          969 posts Send Private Message

lol It will only get worse!

My new little guy is 6mths old and he humps anything and everything. He has gotten ahold of my feet, shoulder, arm, leg, etc. His surgery isn’t for another 2wks so we must suffer with it until then. lol

• cookie627
            Participant

so hedi are you saying that if i neuter him it will make it worse?

• Hedi
              Participant

I meant if you dont neuter him he will get worse with the humping. Sounds like he has just gotten his first taste of it so he will start trying to hump you, other people and whatever else he can get ahold of.

Once he is fixed his hormones will die down but I do not know if the humping thing will go away completely since I have never had a male bun before.

My Carrera would try and hump me before she was fixed but has never attempted it since surgery.

• cookie627
                Participant

yeah i think it’s best to get him neutered. i am working on it.

• x liddo bunny x
                  Participant
                  314 posts Send Private Message

as just a reminder: hormones dont go away immediately after surgery. it will vary from bun to bun. some can take a week or two while others may several weeks (i think the several weeks may be my emo)

just as a friendly reminder.

• cookie627
                    Participant

thanks for the reminder!!!! i’ll be sure to keep that in mind

• Hedi
                      Participant

Has your Cookie started spraying yet?

I can deal with the humping but the spraying drives me crazy! Over the weekend I changed my clothes half a dozen times because he kept peeing on me!

• cookie627
                        Participant

yes he sprays!!!

• BinkyBunny
                          8776 posts Send Private Message
                            Posted By xliddobunnyx on 05/05/2007 2:00 AM
                            as just a reminder: hormones dont go away immediately after surgery. it will vary from bun to bun. some can take a week or two while others may several weeks (i think the several weeks may be my emo)

just as a friendly reminder.

And actually it usually takes a month to six weeks to die down, so if you’ve seen changes within three weeks, you’re very very lucky!

• BinkyBunny
                            8776 posts Send Private Message
                              Posted By cookie627 on 05/04/2007 10:36 AM

this morning i was playing with my bun. then suddenly Cookie started humping my hand!!! i have no idea why but i think it’s b/c he is not neutered.

Well, I ditto what eveyone is saying about why he’s doing what he’s doing.

You have now officially been bunnied. : )   It might be a good idea to get a  toy bunny (not too furry!!).   To get your scent on it, sleep with the toy bunny for a night and then give him to your bunny.   You can also use an old t-shirt you don’t want anymore, stuff it with paper towels, tie off the bottom, arms and neck and that should also work to redirect him.  

Ah the joy of bunny hormones.    This is the time when many people give their bunny up because they don’t know that neutering/spaying will usually solve these problems.   And their cute baby bunny isn’t acting so "cute" anymore.    So I am so glad you are asking questions and educating yourself!

NOTE:  If you do get a toy bunny,  test out the fibers so that they don’t easily come out (one of our members had a problem with that).   You don’t your bunny digesting fibers if he grooms it. 

• skunklionshow
                              Participant
                              1257 posts Send Private Message

I ditto what Binky says…we got Trigger (mini-rex) a stuffed bun and he LOVES her! 

• cookie627
                                Participant

oh thanks!!!!

• x liddo bunny x
                                  Participant
                                  314 posts Send Private Message

wow, i am a lucky bunny mommy!!!!! hope emo gets better soon. i feel bad for mochi. one minute they are havving fun together, the next mochi is running like a maniac around the house with emo at her tail. =( i dont want to have to keep on punishing emo by keeping her in a pen. =( its so funny too because they have the entire house and yet emo is still at it. well then again my house (apartment actually) is not that big…… poor mochi, all she wants to do is be a little lazy with her friend. =(

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR very strange