Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RESCUE EFFORTS FOR SHELTERS Very sad. More bunnies in rescue

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • Plumped Cuddly Bunnies
      Blocked
      103 posts Send Private Message

So this is very sad. More bunnies are going in to rescue/abandoned because many vets/charities like the RSPCA, PDSA. Blue Cross to name a few will not deal with rabbits anymore leaving very few private vets that charge extortionate prices with a very long waiting list. A lot of people will not pay because they either can’t afford too or they don’t want to be ripped off. This is going to result in more rabbits going into shelters or abandoned entirely.

I rescued a rabbit and have since been trying for months to find a “reasonably priced” vet who will neuter my rabbit and still yet there are none. I’ve now given up which is forcing me to think about finding my bunny a new home because I already have two females and its not fair on the male bunny that I have to keep him shut away from the rest of us because nobody will help.

The RSPCA are the most disgraceful. I went to visit one today as my last resort to try get help explaining my situation. The receptionist was not one bit interested in what I had to say and in her own words she told me “Go find another vet we are not interested” Really? Honestly I’m very concerned about the future of this country. Words can not describe how I felt after being told that and my poor rabbit will now have to suffer plus many more rabbits out there because of charities like the RSPCA this should not be happening.

I’m not going to give up on my poor bunny. I will try make life for him as good as I can. It makes me feel so sad at the thought of having to re-home him because nobody wants to help.

Something needs to change because many animals are going to suffer as a result.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RESCUE EFFORTS FOR SHELTERS Very sad. More bunnies in rescue