Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Venting about sweetest stray bunny

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Susanne
      Participant
      419 posts Send Private Message

I’ve been on here a while so felt like I could vent a little and you all will appreciate. I responded to a post on Nextdoor of a rabbit found outside. It was nearish my house. It sounded like they left it outside and it was a cold rainy day…. so without waiting for a response my friend and I go over to find it. Also was confusing because the neighborhood was ” xx Park”, so we thought it was an actual park and the person had a yard backing into it. Turned out it was just the subdivision name. That said, it was an abandoned rabbit, but the person had it inside and were trying to find shelters etc.. so still probably good I took it but they probably had more resources than me with 3 rabbits and just myself to take care of it while finding a rescue… Because I’m struggling to keep up with them all!

That said… This rabbit is like what everyone wants.. so friendly and affectionate! It doesn’t care if you pick it up (well, it probably doesn’t like it, but tolerates it), and will get on laps voluntarily for pets  <3  Literally sat on my lap for 20 minutes at a time while I pet him. He has flopped against my leg when I pet it, groomed my face, rests it’s chin on me.. all it wants is love. Now granted, it’s an un-neutered male, but I think it would still be sweet once it’s fixed. I want to keep it so bad, but after my boy Snoopy got attacked by my other boy Maxwell and injured, (although it was a trio attempt) I’m terrified to attempt another male. Plus if I keep it and it doesn’t work, having 3 separate rabbit areas to maintain is absolutely not feasible. Having 3 males in the basement seems like a recipe for disaster, and have to keep in mind the possibility of my one pair breaking and can’t even imagine dealing with that. If I don’t get him to a shelter now since he was just found, they might reject him as a personal rehome and I just can’t let that happen. Right now, they can get him in quickly since I told them I’d go ahead and adopt a female at the same time since I was planning on a 4th to bond with Snoopy anyway.

I am also thinking to myself since his personality is so great, the shelter will fix him up and find him a good home. He should get adopted fast because who wouldn’t want a lap rabbit? Plus he would probably be OK with kids etc since he isn’t nearly as skiddish as my other ones.  That’s all.. it’s just bitter sweet.

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

Awww that’s so hard, but thank you for rescuing him. Often the sweetest ones do get caught because they aren’t afraid of people… but it’s so sad to think of why they were abandoned in the first place (my Cooper sounds very similar to this bun).

I think you are right to not try to have 3 males in one house, that would be very challenging. I agree that he will likely get adopted very quickly since he’s so friendly. Definitely bitter sweet but I think you are making the right choice!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Venting about sweetest stray bunny