Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Veggies questions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunBun260
      Participant
      132 posts Send Private Message

So this whole romaine thing affected my bunnies a bit. The week romaine went bad I had plan on introducing new veggies slowly, but since romaine was removed I had to switch quickly. I’m feeding them green leaf lettuce and they enjoyed that. I also got cilantro, but only one of my bunnies can eat it, the other bunny poop gets soft and mushy when I feed her it.

Today I went out and bought parsley and bok Choy. My question is are they healthy for my bunnies and can they eat the white steams of bok choy. I read online that I can cause gas. Also is parsley safe for bunnies to eat? I read online it is, but my mother said it is toxic to rabbits. She said she always heard it was since growing up. Thank you for the help!

• Asriel and Bombur
        Participant
        1104 posts Send Private Message

My boys adore parsley! It’s their absolute favorite. It can make some bunnies pee a ton though. And definitely avoid the white stems on bok choy if you have a sensitive bunny tummy. It can cause gas in some of them.

• BunBun260
          Participant
          132 posts Send Private Message

Thank you! I don’t plan on giving them a lot, just a one piece to add to their mix. I’ll probbaly start her off with just a small piece of the leaf of bok choy. Her stomach seems more sensitive then my male bunny. He will literally eat anything and have no problems.

• Ellie from The Netherlands
            Participant
            2512 posts Send Private Message

Parsley isn’t toxic, especially not in normal amounts. It can have a diuretic effect though. We gave our bun parsley daily and he started to pee like a firehose. He shot large streams of it through his hutch O_0

We had no idea what it could be, and the vet was stumped as well. Then my dad mentioned that parsley is an old folk remedy for kidney issues and edema. It’s even called “pissweed” in my grandparents’ local dialect. Charming…

We limit Breintje to 1-2 sprigs now and that goes well. He loves the taste, and it’s become one of the foods we use to make him eat again after tummy troubles.

• FlemishDad
              Participant
              114 posts Send Private Message

All the different kinds of lettuce are pretty similar nutritionally so you could probably use almost any kind without trouble. We feed our Xavier different kinds after almost every store trip without trouble, although he seems to have an iron tummy by bunny standards so he is not a tough test. The only thing special about romaine is that it has a lot of fiber for a lettuce, but it is still small compared to hay.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Veggies questions