Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Veggies, herbs and fruits list

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • BunnyLass568
      Participant
      445 posts Send Private Message

I found this list a while ago on the house rabbits society page and thought I’d share for those who need it! If any of these are outdated I apologize, I got this back in 2018, 2019 I think so there’s probably been more research done so if anything is wrong please do let others know! On to the list….</p>
        Higher in oxalic acid, only one per day and avoid sticking to one kind, best to rotate.

Lower in oxalic acid. Fine to feed variety every day as a staple in your rabbit’s diet.

Alfalfa sprouts
        Anise Hyssop
        Apple-twigs, leaves and fruit but not the seeds!
        Arugula
        Asparagus
        Banana
        Basil
        Beet greens
        Bell pepper, sweet green
        Bell pepper, sweet red
        Blackberry-fruit, stems, leaves
        Blueberry-fruit
        Bok Choy
        Borage
        Calendula
        Carrot roots
        Carrot tops
        Catnip/Catmint
        Celery
        Chamomile
        Chicory
        Cilantro/Coriander
        Clover<
        Collards
        Comfrey
        Cranberry
        Cucumber peels
        Dandelion-greens and flowers
        Daylily flowers
        Dianthus
        Dill
        Eggplant
        Endive
        Escarole
        Fennel
        Frisee lettuce
        Grape-fruit, leaves and vines
        Honeysuckle
        Jasmine
        Jerusalem Artichoke
        Kale
        Kolrabi
        Lavender
        Lemon balm
        Lemon grass
        Lettuce, green leaf
        Lettuce, red

Lettuce, Romaine
        Lilac
        Lovage
        Mango
        Marigold
        Marjoram
        Melon
        Mint

Mustard greens
        Nasturtium
        Okra
        Orange (no peel)
        Oregano
        Pansy
        Papaya
        Parsley
        Parsnip
        Peach
        Pear
        Peas, snow (no dried or sweet peas)
        Pineapple
        Purslane

Radicchio
        Raddish tops
        Raspberry (leaves too)
        Rose
        Spinach
        Sprouts
        Squash-fruit and Strawberries
        Sweet woodruff
        Swiss chard
        Tarragon, French
        Thyme
        Turnip greens
        Viola
        Violet
        Watercress
        Wheat grass
        Willow

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• Bam
        16871 posts Send Private Message

Thank you! I edited out all the formatting.

I think I’ve given my buns most of these food items over the years – in small to moderate amounts of course. There’s no guarantee they’ll actually deign to eat new stuff just because its bun safe 🤣

As for blueberry, the greens are fine to give too. Bilberry as well, both the berries and greens (“wild blueberries”, native to Europe.)

Regarding Jerusalem artichoke I’ve only ever given the leaves and stalks, which are much appreciated. For honeysuckle I think its safest to only give the flowers.

As for rose, the whole plant is fine (Ive never tried giving the roots though)  –  but make sure the plant hasnt been treated with pesticides. I also remove the thorns, but there are varieties of rose whose new growth is pretty much without thorns, f ex rosa multiflora. Rosa multiflora is an invasive in the USA, meaning you actually do nature a service if you pick some of it.

In general, when you give your bun sth new to eat, start with a small amount and dont be discouraged if the bun doesnt eat it the first few times they are given it. They can really look at you as if you were presenting them with a pork chop (as one of our members described it when he gave his bun arugula for the first time!)

Obviously fruit should always be given in small quantities. Your bun might disagree , but you need to stay strong, or you’ risk ending up with a little fatty on your hands 😂🥰

• BunnyLass568
            Participant
            445 posts Send Private Message

Thank you for fixing the format! I have no idea how that happened and thank you for the rest of your reply/post/advice, it’s really helpful!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Veggies, herbs and fruits list