Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Valen’s bunny date!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • luvmybunny
      Participant
      576 posts Send Private Message

Hi everybun!

Well things are going *great* with Valen and his new girl friend, she is beautiful Dutch girl named Ginger! They have bonded instantly, it’s amazing to me how well they took to eachother. Last night they hung out in the playpen for most of the evening and sometime today and they just greet eachother, groom eachother and sit and eat hay/veggies together….it’s so cute!! I am happy and think this is a great match. I am going to continue to put them in the pen together for another week or so to see how things go, then maybe they can move in officially together!

I really love her, she is sweet, cuddly and loves to be pet. She let me hold her on my chest for over an hour last night and fell asleep!  She is a good eater, pretty good potty habits too. She is litter trained, but since she is new here she is probably going to have to feel a little more comfy before she uses it 100%. I am not sure how old she is, neither is the rescue. They had her for about a month and the owner who surredered her was unsure of her age too. I am guessing she is young, not quite a year old yet.

Her name is Ginger, but I don’t think  that name fits her. If you would like to help me pick or have any suggestions, let me know!

I like:

Chloe, Sophie, (sorry Giuly, I didn’t mean to steal your bunny’s name! ) Coco and Duchess…lol!

Here are some pics of her and a few of the bonding process!

Loungin around:

Mom! We’re trying to have private time…Geez!

Finally, some snuggles!

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

A beautiful Dutch! I like Coco for her very much. Is she spayed? It’s amazing they are hanging out together peacefully. Well, amazing for me, I haven’t had that happen with my rabbits. Even my easier bonds invloved some initial hostilities.

• Monkeybun
          Participant
          10479 posts Send Private Message

Such a cute pair! I agree, Coco sounds good for her!

• luvmybunny
            Participant

Thanks! Hopefully she is his bunny-soul mate! She isn’t spayed, but I am going to make a check up appt at the vet to see what age they think she is, then go from there. They really compliment eachother and enjoy the other’s company…it’s really cool!

I am still torn with her names…..we LOVE Chloe and Sophie, but she looks like a Coco too! I will have to decide and let you all know!

• jerseygirl
              22345 posts Send Private Message

She is Darling! I love her chocolate colour. Fantastic they are getting on so well too. So Sophie or Coco? I’m fence sitting with my vote so have combined the two names – Cophie.

• SophieBun
                Participant
                520 posts Send Private Message

OMG COPHIE ^_^ hahaha thats cute!

They look adorable I vote for Coco, Sophie, and Cophie!

• Karla
                  Participant
                  1624 posts Send Private Message

What a beautiful bunny pair And she sounds like such a fantastic little girl. I like the name Sophie as well, so I put my vote on that one.

• Space_Cavy
                    Participant
                    26 posts Send Private Message

That’s wonderful! I vote for Sophie, too. She even has some grey like Sophie in “Howl’s Moving Castle.”

And who the heck called her “Ginger?” Seriously, were they picking names out of a hat?

• MarkBun
                      Participant
                      2842 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Space_Cavy on 11/09/2009 03:52 PM

And who the heck called her “Ginger?” Seriously, were they picking names out of a hat?

Whenever I get a chance to, I love to tell this story.  When I first adopted Maryann, I wasn’t too keen on the name.  So I came up with about 10 different names, including hers.  I put them on the backs of business cards and put them on the floor, with a raisin on top of each one.  The first raisin maryann ate, that would be her name.  She actually chose the one that had her original name on it.  So Maryann it was.

On a side note, after a rescue has picked up over 200 rabbits, you begin to run out of unique names.  For various reasons, they don’t like to ever name two rabbits the same, no matter how much time has passed.  It makes them unique.  So you begin getting the “Gingers” or “Berthas” in order to keep things one of a kind.

• jerseygirl
                        22345 posts Send Private Message

Somehow that doesn’t surprise me Maryann picked out her own name! Now I’m curious to know what the other names were though.
                          Regarding “Ginger”…it actually crossed my mind that they knew of the famed black and white dutch Maryann - so it was obvious this dutch should be Ginger. But I do agree, Ginger isn’t quite right for her.

• luvmybunny
                          Participant

Lol, I keep thinking about Ginger, from “Giligan’s Island” from when I was a kid…..I don’t think she looks s like a Ginger, more a Sophie or Coco = Cophie! LOL, Jersey!

I will have to try the raisin idea…who knows? She is such a darling rabbit and Valen ADORES her….it’s crazy…he runs to groom her and lay right beside her when they meet again! It makes me smile!!

• luvmybunny
                            Participant

Just wanted to update everybun!

They are two peas in a pod….I am completely astounded by how he took to her! I cleaned Valen’s cage yesterday (only because when I separate them, he was looking for her!!) and put her in first and let her mark her scent on things then put him in and they still get along! It’s amazing! I kept a close eye and ear on them all night and my boyfriend monitored them while I was at work and things are going great! They sleep side by side and he doesn’t mind sharing his cage with her at all….it is if they were long lost lovers or something!

I was so suprised he liked her so much because I had my doubts after trying to bond him to Bella, with no luck. But I guess bunnies are like people and like certain bunnies as companions….lol

• SophieBun
                              Participant
                              520 posts Send Private Message

AAwww ^_^ So happy they’re doing so well and love each other It’s so cute to see bunnies snuggling with each other.

• luvmybunny
                                Participant

Thanks, Giuly!! They are quite the snuggle buns! They are quite smitten with eachother

• Kafrn
                                  Participant
                                  747 posts Send Private Message

Nutella! Shes so hazelnut chocolatey!!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Valen’s bunny date!