Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Urinary issue or marking?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Daisyisbaby
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

Background information: Unspayed female (spaying in two weeks). She lives indoors. When I’m not home she is caged but when I am home she has a room. My little girl is litter trained and has never had trouble with the potty. I think she is starting to mature a bit but I’ve never seen her behave at all territorially.

Today I noticed a couple of very tiny damp spots on a mat. When I picked her up and looked at her bits there was a little liquid. I’m worried that she might have a UTI or some other urinary problem. Her urine looked normal in color when inspecting her litter box. She is currently eating and drinking water with her average vigor. I’m having a hard time understanding how a bunny marks territory from the internet. Any ideas?

• Daisyisbaby
        Participant
        2 posts Send Private Message

Update I’m a bit more concerned now. She is eating and drinking normally. Grooming herself and being affectionate. I noticed her laying weirdly and when I picked her up she had left a small spot of pee on the carpet. She was in a loaf but her hind legs were positioned weirdly. Waiting for my vet to call back.

• Wick & Fable
          5782 posts Send Private Message

Hopefully you hear back from the vet soon.

Territorial marking can be via smallish pees, but dribbling and small spots can indeed by a sign of a UTI. That being said, UTIs are treatable and she is still eating and acting generally normally, which are great signs when thinking about prognosis.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Ellie from The Netherlands
            Participant
            2512 posts Send Private Message

Yes, that does sound like dribbling instead of marking. It’s really good that you called the vet, I hope that she’ll be well soon!

About marking:

We’ve got a girl who’s spayed, but marking again now her brother is ill. Rabbits can do that when they’re upset or when they want to challenge for dominance.

She leaves big puddles and small heaps of poop in the corners of rooms. Sometimes she does a butt wiggle when she walks and she sprays some urine behind her. I really hope that things quiet down again when her brother is back to normal…

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Urinary issue or marking?