Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE URGENT — Hay Issues

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyFriends
      Participant
      383 posts Send Private Message

I’m absolutely flipping right now. I’ve just given the rabbits their hay and what’s happened is… wow.

LICORICE:

Shook that hay to the ground furiously, then left it for veggies. I find it normal he leaves it for veggies, but I’d almost call it agression towards the hay.

WINTER:

Attacked the hay. She dug her face so far in I couldn’t get it out and she refused to stop, so I removed the hay (except for some on the floor)  because she was almost falling over. She then went to eat her veggies, normal as ever. But it still was very scary and I’m not sure what to do. I’m going to put it back in when she’s calmed down, but what caused their aggression to the hay? They’ve both eaten it before

To be quite honest, Licorice does that occasionally so I’m not too concerned. But what Winter did was completely abnormal. I also had difficulties removing her hay feeder, but only the hay feeder. She’s a very affectionate bun and loves her hay. Generally speaking she can get a little territorial, but she never nips/refuses like she did when I tried to refill the hay. But it’s mostly what she did whilst eating it that worries me. She’s spayed, too.

• sarahthegemini
        Participant
        5584 posts Send Private Message

I sounds like Winter was just excited?

• Chloe_<3
          Participant
          9 posts Send Private Message

I agree, it sounds like Winter was just excited. When I refill my buns’ hay feeder she comes over and tries to jump into the hay box, acting like she is desperate to get hay and hasn’t been feed hay in months (of course she has unlimited hay at all times). Sometimes she will even try to jump into the bag of hay . Now, I put a bit of fresh hay into her litter box right before I fill up the feeder so she I can fill up the feeder while she is occupied. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE URGENT — Hay Issues