Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE update- found new home for Pookers

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • poopy
      Participant
      684 posts Send Private Message

If any of you read the previous threads, you would know I was looking for a new home for Pookers. Well, Pookers currently has a nice new gf and they are getting along great. The new owners live close to me and have a great home. I miss him, but I feel ALOT better knowing that he is in the perfect home. AND my allergies have cleared up, though I still continue to take the medication.

Medusa is doing fine. She is actually alot more active & social with me than she was before. She now relies on me for pets so she’s being nice to me, no longer turning her back on me all the time.

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

Yeah!  Well, I know it couldn’t have been easy to come to that decision.  I sure hope that your boyfriend appreciates it.  Though I know you also did it for your own allergies too.   I’m glad you searched and found a loving home for Pookers.  And the fact that he gets along well with a new girlfriend is just icing on the cake.

• Hedi
          Participant
          969 posts Send Private Message

It is great you were able to find someone closeby to take Pookers. You can visit him and check up on him and I know that has to be a huge relief.

• poopy
            Participant

Yes, it is a BIG relief, because the main pressure was my mom, then my allergies. I wouldn’t give up a rabbit for my bf, but in this instance I had to because of my mother.

I’ll only be able to get a 2nd one till I buy my own place, and it will definitely be a short hair!

• jacki fullerton
              Participant
              79 posts Send Private Message

IF you move to your own place and decide to get another rabbit, please look at the rex rabbits in shelters. Their fur is very short and they seem to not shed nearly as much as regular bunny fur. We have quite a few nice looking rex rabbits at the shelter where I volunteer.

• Hedi
                Participant
                969 posts Send Private Message

Hopefully this helps for your future bunny and adds to what Jackie suggests…

I have really bad allergies to all animals. I go into asthma attacks around cats, horses, dogs, etc. I was begging my husband for an animal four years ago but obviously cats and dogs were out of the question. If i am around them long term I seem to adjust but he didn’t want me bringing an animal home, getting attached and then being forced to give it away d/t allergies.

My Carrera is a minirex and I have had NO problems at all with her! I seem to be allergic to the hay but switched brands and rather than clean littler boxes every few days i clean them daily and that has helped tremendously.

But I should add my little dwarf bothers me a little but its not horrible. If I get her in my face and luv on her (not that she enjoys it) then it bothers me some but normally I am ok.

Oh, and I take no allergic meds. Just an emergency inhaler when needed.

• FuegaNetsah
                  Participant
                  44 posts Send Private Message

Hey that is great news!!! Happy to hear and thank you for sharing with us.

• poopy
                    Participant

Thanks- I will definitely look into rex rabbits in the future. That is amazing that it is not bothering you w/o meds

• osprey
                      Participant
                      2065 posts Send Private Message

There may really be something special about Angoras.  We had an overnight bunny guest this week who is an English Angora.  She spent the night here, then I took her in for her spay appointment the next day, so she was with us a total of maybe 12 hours.  My wife’s allergies really flared up during the time that she was with us.  Keep in mind that she lives with 3 bunnies and manages, but adding the Angora for even a few hours produced a noticeable difference.

Oh, and I am so glad you managed to find a good home for Pookers.  That must have been really hard to do.

• poopy
                        Participant

I read an article about angoras producing a different type of dander which causes the mats in the fur to buildup, so this may be a distinguishing allergan source from other rabbits. I also asked Krempels about angoras & allergies and she said: “Each individual rabbit will produce unique proteins, and while you may not be allergic to one rabbit, you might be allergic to another one.”

I cleaned out the grating of my HEPA filter (not even the filter inside, I’m talking about the outside gratings) it was all caked w/ Pookers’ fur! The prefilter has also gotten dirty ALOT quicker during the 2 months he was with me than it normally does.

Its a shame this happens with angoras, because they are SO CUTE! It’s pretty crazy- the 2 months I had him I had to blow my nose every 15 mins on top of full medication & I was sneezing up a storm. Now its all gone and I’ve even stopped taking the medication at night because the decongestant is an upper.

• Sean
                          Participant
                          33 posts Send Private Message

pookers is ur rebbit if i undertand? lol well am glad u got him a new home lol am sean by the way and this is my first post on here

• x liddo bunny x
                            Participant
                            314 posts Send Private Message

hi sean. do you have a bun? if you do do you have pictures?

• BinkyBunny
                              8776 posts Send Private Message

Welcome Sean!

Hey, were you a member at ivillage.com. You seem familiar. 

• Sean
                                Participant

nah i dunt have a rebbit lol and nop am not a menber at ivallage lol u dunt know about this site. am postin a lot on janny huns tagbord lol but i dunt think u know about her

• Sean
                                  Participant

i found out about this site on erthcam lats week by the way lol

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE update- found new home for Pookers