Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR unsafe zoomies?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Louiethebunny
      Participant
      603 posts Send Private Message

My bunny loves to do zoomies but I was wondering if what he’s doing is normal or safe. He will go to the the corner of his xpen then zoom out and dart around then jump on my bed, into his litter box, then do it again. He often runs into his xpen bars when he zoomies and I was wondering if that’s normal behavior?

• Bam
        16871 posts Send Private Message

It is normal for a young bunny, but it isn’t totally safe. Try to make sure there aren’t stuff he can get a leg stuck in, for example. Zooming adds to quality of life, so not allowing him to zoom would be sad.

• Wick & Fable
          5781 posts Send Private Message

It is important that the zoomie area is safe. Similar to a hyper kid running around, you want to treat it the same way. One of my rabbits zoomies around the same circuit daily so I need to make sure it’s a clear path and the walls she runs into dont present tangle or trapping risks.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Louiethebunny
            Participant

yeah, I’ve moved everything I can out of the way so the main center of the room is clear for zoomies, but it seems part of his zoomie circuit is running back into his xpen and when he does that he sometimes runs into the bars. He never seems fazed by this and continues running around, I just find it strange he lets himself come into contact with the xpen bars.

• DanaNM
              8930 posts Send Private Message

I wonder if you could put something to cover the spot he hits so he can see it? Like a grass mat or a towel or something?

Bun Jovi can’t see very well so I have to make sure the entry to his condo is wide open or he will crash into the door.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Louiethebunny
                Participant

His xpen door flings freely as it’s always hanging open, Louie is free to roam in the room, so I moved something heavy so it won’t move around, and I moved his litter box and hay toys around so he has less space to crash.

• prince dorian the bun
                  Participant
                  743 posts Send Private Message

Dorian has a decent zoom area, but when he does he seems to like to take the path of most resistance and is a bit like a pin ball. Moving things out of the way doesn’t help as he just adjust his path to include them again, he must go through all the tunnels and boxes and under the table and do sharp changes of directions he just never makes. I just assumed this was normal.

• Louiethebunny
                    Participant

I guess each bun has a specific zoomie track in their brain. I just made everything as safe as possible, and Louie can just continue his zoomies.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR unsafe zoomies?