Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Undulating Tummy??

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • MimzMum
      Participant
      8029 posts Send Private Message

I was watching Fiver while he was lying on the bed the other night. He hadn’t just eaten or anything, but his little tummy was turned towards me and I could see his insides moving!

Now I’ve felt my own stomach’s peristaltic motion. Usually though, it moves in one direction, from stomach to…well you know…..

Fiver’s tummy was ‘doing the wave’ first from the top of his tummy towards his bottom, then a few minutes later it would reverse direction and look like it was going from bottom to top!

It was fascinating. It looked like he’d swallowed one of those big, hairy caterpillars and it couldn’t decide which way was out!

Has anyone else evver seen their bunny’s stomach doing it’s thing?

• JK
        Participant
        2223 posts Send Private Message

Maybe it’s an alien! Now that is weird.  I’ve heard grumblings but not seen anything move like that.

• MimzMum
          Participant

It WAS bizarre! I had to look more than a few times because I thought, “Man, that must be uncomfortable the way it’s moving.” But his little eyes were closing and he was burying his head in the towels I had laid out on the bed and you could just see he was so happy.
            Tonight I have to get the camera out, he was laying next to this little flat bunny plushie I bought recently and the two of them looked almost exactly alike! Too funny! ^_^
            Well, identical except for the alien in the stomach…lolz….

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

Oh man! But I have a feelng if we fed ours and watched them very closely we’d see the same thing…doesn’t sound like he’s uncomfortable or sick so maybe you just got a sneak peak at digestion…what were his greens that evening?

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

I’ve seen that with my bunnies too. It’s amazing! Actually anyone can see this happening with their bunnies if their bunny is lying sideways. Just stare at their stomach for a while. It usually is always doing that, sometimes, like after eating a larger meal, it’s more obvious than other times. But you can usually always spot even slight movement (again, they need to be hanging out relaxing more on their side) You can’t see it when they are lying on their stomach.

• bunnytowne
                Participant
                7537 posts Send Private Message

I never knew that.  Wow.   Hopefully they won’t be hatching little aliens.  Invasion of the belly dancing aliens.

Yeah litterally a belly dance ahaaahaa.   Do ya think I’m sexy…. ahaaa.  I can see the bun undulating to that Rod Stewart tune.

rofl.  Actually I prefer to see men do this.  OH yes go to google or utube  put in belly dance and you can find some men doing it too.

By the way my hubby is from Egypt.   YOu don’t to be from Middle East to dance like they do tho. I love to do middle eastern dance.  Kills my back tho. OH well. Now n then we get to enjoy ourselves. Even tho I pay like hell the next day ouch I can’t move.

Yeah I get possessed by a belly dancing alien and when it leaves it leaves me in  lots of pain ahhaaa.

ok ok enuf of the jokes. I”ll stop.

• MimzMum
                  Participant

lolz, BT! My belly dances just walking down the road now….(jiggle-jiggle-jiggle) ^_^ I always wanted to learn how to belly dance, but I’m afraid my body is WAY too far gone for that anymore, with having two BIG kids. I tried when I was younger, but I was never able to do it quite right. But I love the clothes you wear to dance in. All the silks and the jingly belts and such. ^_^ I think I still have some anklets and bracelets, the kind that have the ring on them so the bells hang from the back of your hand down to the wrist and over the top of your foot to your ankle.

It’s supposed to be excellent exercise too. But I can hardly walk my dogs without throwing my back out now, so dancing is out for me! >.<

Yes, Fiver was lying down with his tummy sticking out to the side, so it was easy to see the peristalsis. Weird though…I jsut couldn’t figure out why it was going back and forth. 0_o And it was strange how it had been awhile since he’d eaten and it was still goign on! I know humans have about 16-18 hours of digestion time, I wonder what it is for bunnies?

• BinkyBunny

Mimzum – i hear you about the clothes! all the silky & foofoo stuff. I am more of a Tom Boy Girl, (jeans and T-shirt) but for some reason, much of the indian apparel, whether it be for belly dancing, beautiful traditional dresses, even the casual tunics – I absolutely love. The most beautiful clothes in the world in my opinion. I drive by this place in Berkeley all the time, and this one store has the most stunning dresses in the window. I don’t know where the heck I would wear one but someday somehow, I will figure it out – even if all I do is sit and watch TV in it.

• bunnytowne
                      Participant

ahaaa BB.  Yes I love those clothes too.  Tho the india and pakastani people i know are muslims. They wear that type of clothing very colorful but the belly’s dont’ show.  I have a turqoise outfit  like that.  Very pretty. 

I enjoy going to our masjid during Ramaddan we see lots more people and beautiful outfits.

They sell sari’s at the swap shop here.  I would love to have a hand wrist bracelet. I went to order one and it was all gone no more coming in. How dissapointing.   I need a nice jingly dangling belt too. That stuff is fun.

how did we get on this subject?  oh yeah bunny belly ahaa. See what those rabbits start.  I wonder if you could get an outfit like that for your bun when the belly starts moving.     That would be a crackup.

• MimzMum
                        Participant

lmao! Oh dear, now THAT is a cute mental image! Fiver could go as a belly dancer for Halloween? Or maybe a djinn? ^_^

I wonder if I could get his ears into a little turban…oh that would be so cute! ^_^ Or maybe I should dress him up as a caterpillar? He’s got the moves already! xD

At Cost Plus, they used to have lots of paisley and beautifully colored silks and tunics…I dressed in almost no other style but that as a teen. I love how comfortable it all is! Nothing too binding or tight, not like American clothing that is all about showing this or pushing that up or squeezing the body as tight as it can get into something till it looks like it’s painted on. >.< I can remember being a size 0 and wearing Calvin Klein jeans, but it was still uncomfortable, even if it was stylish.

I couldn’t fit into anything like that now. I wouldn’t want to. If it weren’t so cold up here I’d go back to wearing the silks. And so easily washable too, even if it comes out kind of wrinkled it’s no big deal because it looks okay like that. All that handkerchief like material. And knowing how lousy I am at housework (see my washing plushies thread for reference) I could use some clothing that doesn’t need ironing!

• BinkyBunny

BT – There are tons of shops all around the SF Bay Area that have that beautiful apparel. It’s just that this one store must display the best of the best, more formal stuff – maybe wedding? Anyway, I am always gobsmacked each time I drive by -Gorgeous shades of reds/golds, yellows, blues, and the shapes and the jewels. Amazing.

MM – so you actually have clothes that need ironing? I don’t even own an iron anymore. A spray bottle with water is my wrinkle fighter.

• osprey
                            Participant
                            2065 posts Send Private Message

Getting back to bunny bellies, I think I read somewhere and/or heard from Dr. Harvey that food moves in both directions in a rabbit’s system. The cecum is behind the large intestine, so food is pushed back down into it, and then the cecal pellets pass forward again.

• bunnytowne
                              Participant

OH I know I can’t wear jeans now.  I go out and they get sweaty then try to go to the bathroom  Peel them off. ARGH forget it. Even if they fit me loose they still stick when I sweat and in florida everybody sweats here.

I have a lot of those pants the outfits are called   shalwar/chamise.   There is a lady who sells them at her husbands store. We call  it the indian store cause they sell indian spices. rice etc. and some outfits.

My other 2 friends would give me some but I got a little large around the middle and they won’t fit. Some of those outfits leave some room inside to let it out if it is too small.

Yes those are veeery comfortable.  I wear the pants under my abayas in case I have to lie down when I hurt and for going to the masjid. I do lie down there the ramaddan prayers are too long for me to sit or stand. 

I love to see the colorful outfits too. Orlando has some stores that sell arabic goods and abayas. I am sure there are some that are Indian and sell the spices and outfits somewhere there too.

It is fun to look at them. All silky and colorful. Fancy stuff. I wouldn’t midn having some more of them. Oh there are places online can order them from. T hey can be special made to fit you.

this is the outfit I will get you wear this over clothes if I have a short sleeve shirt or tight shirt and need to go outside just throw this one on but forget the gloves and face veil.

Oh darn it won’t let me copy it and paste. oh well. anyways.

well it let me paste this shalwar chamese  on hilalplaza.com I like the way the colors change.

• MimzMum
                                Participant

Posted By osprey on 09/22/2008 6:26 AM
                                  Getting back to bunny bellies, I think I read somewhere and/or heard from Dr. Harvey that food moves in both directions in a rabbit’s system. The cecum is behind the large intestine, so food is pushed back down into it, and then the cecal pellets pass forward again.

Thanks Osprey! Well that settles it then. This must be what’s happening. It sure was strange to see, but I’m glad it’s normal. ^_^

And yes, BB I still get clothes once in awhile that need pressing, but that doesn’t mean I do it! ^_^ I have no idea where my iron is and no real urge to look for it either!

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Undulating Tummy??