Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Two Really Itchy Bunnies – Advantage II ok??

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Crystel
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

Hi Everyone! I’m desperate for answers both of my bunnies have been itching terribly and loosing the hair at the top of their heads and neck. I can’t get an appointment with a vet until 3 weeks out and they are getting worse. I think it’s due mutes since it started after I brought them a bale of hay from a farm. I bought Advantage II for kittens. My bunnies are only 9 week old holland lops and not sure if anyone has a similar experience. Does the Advantage II work and what dosage is best to start. I’m thinking only half a tube. Please Please any help would be so amazing!!!!

• LBJ10
        16897 posts Send Private Message

Depends on the type of mites. Advantage is ineffective with fur mites, for example. You should probably get a proper diagnosis before trying to treat them at home.

• DanaNM
          8929 posts Send Private Message

I agree with LBJ10, you should get a diagnosis and proper dosage from the vet, especially with their age. These solution vary in concentration and tube size, so the first time it’s best to have a vet give you the dosage. Advantage II does not treat mites, you may get prescribed Revolution.

Also just in case you aren’t aware, never use any product containing fipronil on rabbits (such as Frontline), it is very toxic to them.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Crystel
            Participant
            2 posts Send Private Message

Thank you both for your help! I have followed the advice and have taken them to the vet and he said they seem to have mites. He is treating them and I asked him to keep them overnight for observation as well as to give me time to disinfect everything before I bring them back home. Thank you all again!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Two Really Itchy Bunnies – Advantage II ok??