Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE Tutu mania!

This topic contains 68sd replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  MoxieMeadows 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 69 total)
  • Author

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Well I got crafty and made a tutu! It was super easy! Here’s the tutorial, I’d love you to make some and post photos too! http://pitlandia.blogspot.com/2012/09/diy-dog-tutu.html

Here are some photos on how mine turned out! (The model is my mini Dachshund Snickers)

Bam

My goodness, it looks gorgeous on her! And she looks so proud wearing it too! What a prima ballerina

MissGabbster
    Participant

She looks so proud of her tutu! I’ll have to try and find some tulle so I can make Tribble and my sister matching tutus.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Thanks guys.

I bought the elastic, 3/4″ wide for 97 cents at walmart. The sew in velcro (a long strip of it, that I’ll probably never use a lot of!) was also only 97 cents at walmart. The tulle (again at walmart) was $2.97 for 25 feet. I bought 2 spools(? is that what they are called?) of pink and you can’t even see a dent in them lol! So it’s pretty cheap to make.

Sindri
    Participant

Great job! it turned out very well. You could make some and try and sell them. Snickers looks very pretty and cute in her tutu. She does seem to like it. I bet its because she knows she looks cute.

BrunosMama
    Participant

How cute! I bet bunny tutus would be adorable. I doubt they would look as proud to wear them though lol.

LBJ10

I want Moxie in a tutu!!!!

But I suppose Snickers will do for now.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

LBJ— I bet I could get a photo of Moxie in Snickers’ tutu for you until I can get more supplies at the store (I’m thinking Moxie needs a purple and blue tutu),

LBJ10

YAY!!!

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

I’ll get a pic of Moxie tomorrow, lighting is HORRIBLE in a bright orange room at night for photo taking.

LittlePuffyTail

Super cute! I should try to make matching ones for Everly and Olivia!!!

MissGabbster
    Participant

Definitely need to see more tutu pics! haha

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

LPT— Everyly would look adorable in one. Just instead of going 3/4 the way around with the tulle go all the way around.

Muffinluv
    Participant

That’s pawsitively adorable ^-^
    If only my pets didn’t oppose clothes so much…

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Thanks everybody for your kind comments about the tutu. You all should make some and post photos. *hint* *hint*

Little Lion Head
    Participant

I don’t know what’s cuter? The tutu or the Snickers?!?!?! lol Snickers should be a model!!!!

LittlePuffyTail

I could make an xxxxl size for Winnie. She would love that…. oh…to have free time again….it’s a huge struggle trying to get any crafting time in at all. I miss my embroidery.

LBJ10

Where’s my Moxie picture?

Bam

LPT, is Winnie your horse? How adorable wouldn’t that be??

LBJ, I’m kind of asking the same thing here.

Tulle is expensive here, I found out. Like 10 US dollar/yard. I’ll never dare show my dog the tutu-pics or she’ll die of envy =)

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

The photos are uploading now! Ahh mad BB riot because adorable photos aren’t coming quick enough!

Bam— Really? That pricing is outrageous! But you know you could always try and make one out of cloth/material?

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Now first thing first, Snickers’ tutu didn’t even come CLOSE to clipping around her! So I pretty much just set the tutu on top of her and snapped a few photos.  (I know the pics are poor quality btw)

Immediately after this photo she ZOOMED away (like there was a predator after her or something!) and the tutu fell off.

She was hiding under the dresser where she KNEW, nobody could find her (or could they?).

But alas they could and the photo session started again, so she decided she might as well pose in front of the window.

Bam

Aww, Moxie! I forget she’s such a big girl. She doesn’t look quite as proud wearing it as Snickers did though. Weird animals, rabbits. I’d have thought all girls would be so happy to wear a pink tutu.

On the pic it looks like a tiara. You could wear it yourself on your head for celebratory occasions.

MissGabbster
    Participant

Moxie has a built in tutu so I guess she doesn’t feel the need to wear one. LOL

LBJ10

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehehehehehehe!

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Yeah she’s a pretty big girl. She is about a pound or so heavier than my dog, and “rounder”. All the fur really adds to her circumfrance.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.